Inside Information: thread

Taker

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Just got a text from a couple that are just as surprised.

"Things have changed quickly.  Keep an eye out on Cohen. "

What are your thoughts on this choice? 

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I honestly don't know how to feel about this, I can't confirm or deny the reports saying he is being pushed out by MSU. Which doesn't make sense to me the last couple of years in sports have been some of the best in MS history so why would he be being pushed out?

Edited by autiger88

Just now, aubie17 said:

What are your thoughts on this choice? 

I think Hartwell would've been the best, especially with our slow NIL start.  Next I would've gone with Nunez for the facilities. 

3 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

LOL

What's funny?

If we choose Cohen over Hartwell or Nunez, then we're beyond dumb.

10 minutes ago, bigbird said:

What's funny?

If we choose Cohen over Hartwell or Nunez, then we're beyond dumb.

It's ALL funny. Every bit of it. I don't know why u are worried about who the AD is. U know as well as I do the AD is just the spokesperson the PTB.. Who the head coach will be is much more important. 

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, AUlurker said:

John Cohen is the guy's name. Was an interim baseball coach at Mississippi State, promoted to AD. Allegedly they are trying to force him out and he reached out to AU. Hartwell may be in town this weekend. TOS reporting that its between Rich, Hartwell and Cohen. 

As for the portal departures, more will be coming. TOS saying that it's younger players. The issue with Harsin departure timing has to do with the portal. These players are announcing their intention of going into the portal. If Harsin is dumped now, players can enter the portal for the following 30 days and be contacted by schools directly during that time. Our hope is that the AD and subsequently the coach is in place once they are ready to part with Harsin to minimize the portal exposure.

https://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/college/mississippi-state/2020/01/03/john-cohen-next-mississippi-state-football-joe-moorhead-college-football/2805624001/

38 minutes ago, bigbird said:

So Roberts won't be president?

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

It's ALL funny. Every bit of it. I don't know why u are worried about who the AD is. U know as well as I do the AD is just the spokesperson the PTB.. Who the head coach will be is much more important. 

Everybody says something different and many have been wrong.  They get it right MOMENTS before the hire.  Like you, I will wait for the head coach to be hired.  I will then wait to see the productivity of that coach.  

• Love 1

I don't understand why we are so dysfunctional. After years of poor decisions/leadership and a slow and steady slide to the bottom of the barrel, this seemed like the moment where everything was aligning to finally start moving in the right direction. Why can't we get it right? 😭

Edited by WarrrEagleHey

7 minutes ago, Auburn93 said:

So Roberts won't be president?

Just passed on what was told to me. Obviously, that may have been hyperbole.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, autiger88 said:

Ok somebody please explain why this would be a bad hire? I honestly can't figure it out? 

It looks ok to me as well 🤷

They know something we don’t I guess 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

It looks ok to me as well 🤷

They know something we don’t I guess 

Apparently lol 

The only that sticks out is the Penny Pinching part but he may have had to do that for a reason at MSU doesn't mean he would do it here. 🤷

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Auburn93 said:

Everybody says something different and many have been wrong.  They get it right MOMENTS before the hire.  Like you, I will wait for the head coach to be hired.  I will then wait to see the productivity of that coach.  

Exactly 

5 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

Ok somebody please explain why this would be a bad hire? I honestly can't figure it out? 

It's probably not a bad hire. It's just the fact no one predicted him to be the guy

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

It's probably not a bad hire. It's just the fact no one predicted him to be the guy

I learned that from the Harsin hire 🤣 welcome to the dark side...😁

Edited by autiger88

His resume of hires looks fairly meh. People like Leach because he's weird, but he's not that great of a coach. Moorhead was bad. The new baseball coach has been underwhelming to start. WBB has fallen down a hole. It's not the worse resume, but I get really nervous when Auburn starts suddenly looking at "names out of left field."

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Just passed on what was told to me. Obviously, that may have been hyperbole.

Just had a thought while in the shower ( insert joke). I’m curious if there’s a connection between cohen and another coach not too far from Starkville 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JMassie11 said:

Just had a thought while in the shower ( insert joke). I’m curious if there’s a connection between cohen and another coach not too far from Starkville 

We can only hope....

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, aucom96 said:

His resume of hires looks fairly meh. People like Leach because he's weird, but he's not that great of a coach. Moorhead was bad. The new baseball coach has been underwhelming to start. WBB has fallen down a hole. It's not the worse resume, but I get really nervous when Auburn starts suddenly looking at "names out of left field."

Granted, this is on the MSU website but this looks good 

The former MSU head baseball coach and two-time Southeastern Conference Coach of the Year has overseen arguably the greatest era in Bulldog athletics history, highlighted by a 2021 College World Series Championship for the school's first team national title in any sport. A total of five Bulldog programs have turned in a program-best season with Cohen at the helm of the department, including softball (2022), baseball (2021), volleyball (2021), soccer (2018) and women's basketball (2017, 2018). 

5 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

Which one? I'm hoping you mean Deion and not LK lol 

• Like 1