Inside Information: thread

Taker

14 minutes ago, aucom96 said:

His resume of hires looks fairly meh. People like Leach because he's weird, but he's not that great of a coach. Moorhead was bad. The new baseball coach has been underwhelming to start. WBB has fallen down a hole. It's not the worse resume, but I get really nervous when Auburn starts suddenly looking at "names out of left field."

Umm didn’t they just win the national championship in baseball?

• Like 1

Well swimming and diving has been down a while, but I do want to keep support to these. To be fair, I'm not aware of how much the AD takes part in these things.  Like how no experience would factor in.  Not a lot of ADs out there with Equestrian experience. 

Edited by AUBwins
  • Like 3

On 10/27/2022 at 7:49 AM, gabo4au said:

All those who hate the portal when everyone is exiting, are going to love the portal when a new coach comes in and pulls a bunch of good players.. The portal also goes hand in hand with NIL. So if we can get our NIL in proper shape, and get an exciting new regime, we'll be able to pull good players through the portal.

Who is exactly would replace our current staff? Who's available?

15 minutes ago, CAReeves2010 said:

I know..... Ole Miss "just" won in 2022

So was Florida football bad in the 1990s just because FSU was at its peak?

3 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Don't know where this came from. Idc one way or the other who the AD is as long as Harsin is ****canned and he's replaced with someone who can do the job

3 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Don't know where this came from. Idc one way or the other who the AD is as long as Harsin is ****canned and he's replaced with someone who can do the job

• Like 2

Cohan has done a great job at working within the network of MSU sports. Leach is a fantastic coach for MSU. Do all of you think they could get Saban?  MSU won their only men's NC under him. He would be a fantastic hire 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Just now, AUCE05 said:

Cohan has done a great job at working within the network of MSU sports. Leach is a fantastic coach for MSU. Do all of you think they could get Saban?  MSU won their only men's NC under him. He would be a fantastic hire 

I can't stress how funny it is that their fans are starting to grumble about Leach.

19 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Well swimming and diving has been down a while, but I do want to keep support to these. To be fair, I'm not aware of how much the AD takes part in these things.  Like how no experience would factor in.  Not a lot of ADs out there with Equestrian experience. 

I didn't know that was a deciding factor in choosing our next AD.  I thought the deciding factor was to fire Harsin, hire a competent football coach, raise money, and support the NIL. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Justin Lee is a MORON, regardless of the AD hire!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Dislike 1

On 10/26/2022 at 9:07 PM, Taker said:

I am starting this to ask any of our AU Insiders on the board if there is ANYTHING that you can tell us about the mass exodus that we are clearly on the brink of. Is there any hope in sight that things are about to level off or atleast fire his behind so we can salvage any part of our roster? 

Signed: Desperately needing something

So the real truth is all the people in the AU leadership are as dumbstruck as any of us are. They really had no idea how far down, Harsin would take the AU program. Now they are trying to reckon if they keep him how much worse it can get and if they fire him can they really hire a decent coach after the program has burned to the ground. This is not an easy correction to make. As far as Harsin, if you have spent time out west you would know Harsin’s character is a lot about  where he is from. He doesn’t make friends easy. He doesn’t trust others much. And he is over trusting in himself. The biggest problem he has is he hasn’t become a member of the Auburn community like Coach Pearl has or even as much as Gus was. He doesn’t realize that his  attitude and demeanor is often offensive. I don’t think the players have ever had much confidence in him and that is the base of our problem right now. This isn’t to say Harsin isn’t a good person he just doesn’t understand that you have to adjust to the field that you are playing.  I have no doubt that Harsin will not coach another year at AU. I think that is a given . The question today is when you fire him. And no it’s not the money. AU football is a 175 million dollar a year business. 20 million buyout is not the concern. Reputation towards hiring another coach is. It could come as early as tomorrow or it may wait until after Alabama creams us. But it will happen. 🤔🙁

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

So the real truth is all the people in the AU leadership are as dumbstruck as any of us are. They really had no idea how far down, Harsin would take the AU program. Now they are trying to reckon if they keep him how much worse it can get and if they fire him can they really hire a decent coach after the program has burned to the ground. This is not an easy correction to make. As far as Harsin, if you have spent time out west you would know Harsin’s character is a lot about  where he is from. He doesn’t make friends easy. He doesn’t trust others much. And he is over trusting in himself. The biggest problem he has is he hasn’t become a member of the Auburn community like Coach Pearl has or even as much as Gus was. He doesn’t realize that his  attitude and demeanor is often offensive. I don’t think the players have ever had much confidence in him and that is the base of our problem right now. This isn’t to say Harsin isn’t a good person he just doesn’t understand that you have to adjust to the field that you are playing.  I have no doubt that Harsin will not coach another year at AU. I think that is a given . The question today is when you fire him. And no it’s not the money. AU football is a 175 million dollar a year business. 20 million buyout is not the concern. Reputation towards hiring another coach is. It could come as early as tomorrow or it may wait until after Alabama creams us. But it will happen. 🤔🙁

I think you give Harsin too much credit....there's something off about him beyond his hometown origins. He wasn't all that successful there either.....on his own merit. But Auburn needs to fire him today. Keeping him around serves no good purpose now. He obviously has no intention of making corrections, and the players are suffering. 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

I think you give Harsin too much credit....there's something off about him beyond his hometown origins. He wasn't all that successful there either.....on his own merit. But Auburn needs to fire him today. Keeping him around serves no good purpose now. He obviously has no intention of making corrections, and the players are suffering. 

I agree. I’m just talking about his disposition. You can see it in ever interview. How he responds to questions. He is always snarky in his response . Like daring anyone to question him. You hear it from the players who feel like he tries them under the bus and tries to avoid any blame for the outcome when it’s bad. Just a cocky attitude. I think he lost the players last year. Sone left then, sone left this year. They will all leave if we don’t get a change made soon. That’s what I fear most. The transfer pool may fill up fast. I’m hoping that the idea is to bring Cohen in to fire Harsin and let him make the search . By the way just read where someone asked  Bo Jackson about Deion. Bo said Deion could be successful anywhere he coached because He coaches old school and with his personality he could recruit with the best and get the best out of his players just like He is doing now in the lower league. I think that’s important. The only negative would be whether he could bring coaches in but I believe with his connections he could bring in some great coaches. 🤔🦅👍

Edited by Eagle Eye 7

1 hour ago, Tigerbelle said:

Never answered have been my questions about who is party to his legal representation and 'legal' operations. Maybe nothing there. But there were suppositions about an affiliation previously. Flaky behavior of high-earning celebrities coalescing around employment contracts is symptomatic of other stuff. Assertions like ("only after he leaves," and 'may never be divulged in Auburn's best interest') just lead me to speculate.