Elon’s Twitter Investment

TexasTiger

Elon’s Twitter Investment   

8 members have voted

1. 1. Will Elon’s 44 Billion Dollar Twitter Investment Turn out to be

• A wise, profitable endeavor
    • A bust or essentially flat

1 hour ago, AUDub said:

OK, so how do constitutional protections of free speech applies to businesses like Twitter? 

This should be hilarious if he actually responds.

Just now, kevon67 said:

I must be the only person on Earth never to visit twitter, facebook or myspace😆

Well myspace is dead and has been for a minute but surprisingly there are many young people who do not really care for social media.  Myself included. 

the old quote was "religion is the opiate of the masses" but today I think it has changed to "social media is the opiate of the masses."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, AUDub said:

Watch how quickly it becomes untenable should Musk's plan be put in place. It will melt.

His plan is that all legal speech should be allowed. I got bad news for you, people suck, and legal is not a synonym with appropriate. 

Let's use an example here. Say I called one of our black posters something highly inappropriate,  suggest hanging every jew on earth or say homosexuals should be taken out back and shot. Titan or Tex would boot my ass out the door before I could blink because that's literally their jobs as moderators of the forum. 

But that speech is legal, and would be allowed in Musk's version of Twitter. 

Users aren't going to hang around a cesspit.

Tricky thing about “legal” is that Twitter is a global platform. Legal where?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AUDub said:

They violated the terms of service and have to face the consequences of their action.  They knew the rule (as they've violated it before).

Plus it was suspension, not a ban. 

This is how the old twitter protected the left’s agenda.  Now it should not be protected.  That’s the point.

7 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

This is how the old twitter protected the left’s agenda.  Now it should not be protected.  That’s the point.

Interesting that you consider civility and respect the "lefts agenda". 

I don't disagree.

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

Interesting that you consider civility and respect the "lefts agenda". 

I don't disagree.

You obviously misinterpreted my post.  The Babylon Bee was suspended for saying a trans man won the man of the year award.  That is one of the left’s agendas.  That is the type of agenda that has been protected by twitter’s policies.

Just now, I_M4_AU said:

You obviously misinterpreted my post.  The Babylon Bee was suspended for saying a trans man won the man of the year award.  That is one of the left’s agendas.  That is the type of agenda that has been protected by twitter’s policies.

Squirrel!   :laugh:

7 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Squirrel!   :laugh:

You come into a conversation and don’t know what you are talking about, and I’m the squirrel?  You are out of your mind.

6 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

You come into a conversation and don’t know what you are talking about, and I’m the squirrel?  You are out of your mind.

Transexual Squirrel !?

2 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Transexual Squirrel !?

Its good that you are coming out of the closet.  Good for you.

1 hour ago, Didba said:

This should be hilarious if he actually responds.

Isn't Pensacola the one who was citing a court ruling to prove scientists got the science wrong?

Yeah, this should be good.

2 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Isn't Pensacola the one who was citing a court ruling to prove scientists got the science wrong?

Yes, lol

1 hour ago, Didba said:

Please cite a SCOTUS case where they applied the free speech clause to private corporations please.

If you understand public forum doctrine you understand that recent judgments in favor of social media suppression are due only to our legal system lagging too far behind technology. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

Tricky thing about “legal” is that Twitter is a global platform. Legal where?

Absolutists don't put that much thought into it. 

9 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Lol - NY ruled it unconstitutional to require a shot that doesn’t prevent transmission.  How many of your communist overlords touted “it’s selfish to not get the shot, think of others” and when that was disproved, quickly pivoted to “but muh viral loads”?

I’m sorry some of you weren’t smart enough to even see that progression 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, pensacolatiger said:

If you understand public forum doctrine you understand that recent judgments in favor of social media suppression are due only to our legal system lagging too far behind technology. 

So no cite then?

Also, the public forum doctrine applying to private online forums is the biggest crock of crap I have ever heard spewed by right wing legal "experts".

The only time the public forum doctrine applies to private internet forums is for the public accounts of government officials/politicians and all it states is that they cannot block citizens of the US based on their viewpoints

Edited by Didba

2 minutes ago, pensacolatiger said:

Perhaps - just maybe  - the actual wording of the first amendment is what's holding our legal system up?

(You're right Didba, this is pretty good.)

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Didba said:

So no cite then?

Also, the public forum doctrine applying to private online forums is the biggest crock of crap I have ever heard spewed.

Sorry you don’t understand the intent of public forum doctrine?  

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, pensacolatiger said:

Lol - NY ruled it unconstitutional to require a shot that doesn’t prevent transmission.  How many of your communist overlords touted “it’s selfish to not get the shot, think of others” and when that was disproved, quickly pivoted to “but muh viral loads”?

I’m sorry some of you weren’t smart enough to even see that progression 

LMAO, this is so ironic.

2 minutes ago, pensacolatiger said:

Could you provide that cite please? 

While you are at it since I apparently don't understand the intent of public forum doctrine, would you please explain your understanding of its intent?

6 minutes ago, pensacolatiger said:

I think you're revealing your inner statist.

You want a public forum, petition your government to operate one. Forcing a private company to host content they don't want violating their free speech. 

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1