Elon’s Twitter Investment

TexasTiger

Elon’s Twitter Investment   

8 members have voted

1. 1. Will Elon’s 44 Billion Dollar Twitter Investment Turn out to be

• A wise, profitable endeavor
    • A bust or essentially flat

15 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

lol, Why do you think this article was any good? This author is an idiot and his writing history is full of contradictions. 

I like how he's attacking Twitter employees for quitting and not wanting to work more hours and not wanting to give up benefits, and lo and behold....just 2 months ago this same author wrote a piece about how HE'S going on strike with his railroad union because his employer isn't giving him enough benefits and working him too many hours and taking away his benefits. 

Ah...it's almost like businesses will exploit their workers at every opportunity and yet this writer is willing to justify his own union and his co-workers acts of labor defiance while jeering at Twitter employees for standing up for themselves and doing the same. Apparently because they are "liberal" and not a hard core manly conservative man like himself. 

He also is one of those "don't go to college, become a blue collar worker instead!" people but then apparently expects there to be no benefits to going to college and getting a degree and getting a computer based office job. This writer is crying that it's unfair that twitter employees can do their jobs remotely at home while he has to go to a job site and do physical work? Yeah....that's why these twitter employees spent the time money and effort to get an education to earn those perks and benefits. 

I guess this writer believes that only blue collar, conservative workers deserve rights and respect from their employer. 

After reading this thread and a couple of others on here, it's quite telling that some conservatives don't view liberals as humans.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

lol, Why do you think this article was any good? This author is an idiot and his writing history is full of contradictions. 

I like how he's attacking Twitter employees for quitting and not wanting to work more hours and not wanting to give up benefits, and lo and behold....just 2 months ago this same author wrote a piece about how HE'S going on strike with his railroad union because his employer isn't giving him enough benefits and working him too many hours and taking away his benefits. 

Ah...it's almost like businesses will exploit their workers at every opportunity and yet this writer is willing to justify his own union and his co-workers acts of labor defiance while jeering at Twitter employees for standing up for themselves and doing the same. Apparently because they are "liberal" and not a hard core manly conservative man like himself. 

He also is one of those "don't go to college, become a blue collar worker instead!" people but then apparently expects there to be no benefits to going to college and getting a degree and getting a computer based office job. This writer is crying that it's unfair that twitter employees can do their jobs remotely at home while he has to go to a job site and do physical work? Yeah....that's why these twitter employees spent the time money and effort to get an education to earn those perks and benefits. 

I guess this writer believes that only blue collar, conservative workers deserve rights and respect from their employer. 

My aren't you the little victim? :laugh:

2 hours ago, arein0 said:

After reading this thread and a couple of others on here, it's quite telling that some conservatives don't view liberals as humans.

I see it differently. I think they view them as privileged whiny little bitches. And of course little men in pajamas. Victims. 

It's hilarious to watch these nuts go full apocalypse.

14 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

My aren't you the little victim? :laugh:

You're ******* weird. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, AUDub said:

You're ******* weird. 

Yeah it's me. :laugh:

15 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Yeah it's me. :laugh:

Yep. It's you all right.

34 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

I see it differently. I think they view them as privileged whiny little bitches. And of course little men in pajamas. Victims. 

It's hilarious to watch these nuts go full apocalypse.

Definitely weird.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Do you always let poorly written Conservative editorials do your thinking and talking for you? 

Ha! Let me give you and homes your first clue. 

That wasn't chicken.jpg

• Haha 1

Follow the money. The real reason for the employment downturn at Twitter is because the Annual Revenue per employee was @ 50% that of Facebook or Instagram. 

At the end of the day business-is-business. You MBA types would know this. 

Edited by creed
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, creed said:

Follow the money. The real reason for the employment downturn at Twitter is because the Annual Revenue per employee was @ 50% that of Facebook or Instagram. 

Twitter was nowhere near flirting with insolvency though. 

8 hours ago, creed said:

There’s a difference in taking the time to do a meaningful assessment of who and what can be trimmed— that didn’t happen here. There was no need for the dramatics.

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

There’s a difference in taking the time to do a meaningful assessment of who and what can be trimmed— that didn’t happen here. There was no need for the dramatics.

Do you think Musk one night thought to himself I think I’ll buy Twitter then top it off by pulling a number out of the air with zero due diligence. I highly doubt that and doesn’t make sense. He knew they were employee heavy or employee inefficient based on a simple peer review. 

26 minutes ago, creed said:

Do you think Musk one night thought to himself I think I’ll buy Twitter then top it off by pulling a number out of the air with zero due diligence. I highly doubt that and doesn’t make sense. He knew they were employee heavy or employee inefficient based on a simple peer review. 

Yeah, I think that's pretty likely what happened. 

And I'm being serious.... read up on Musk's personality and his management style. He's a highly impulsive individual and is known to make decisions on the fly without much thought, research, or input from others.

It's why he vastly overpaid for Twitter and agreed to buy it before he was certain he actually wanted it or knew what he was getting.  It's why Twitter Blue had to be discontinued to be re-worked right after it was introduced. It's why he was caught off guard by the mass resignations from employees that he didn't fire, it's why he's confused about why advertising spending isn't picking up or recovering. 

Musk is flying by the seat of his pants on all of this. Maybe it'll work and Twitter will be revitalized or maybe Twitter will crash and burn.  Either way I'm getting my popcorn ready. 

4 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Yeah, I think that's pretty likely what happened. 

And I'm being serious.... read up on Musk's personality and his management style. He's a highly impulsive individual and is known to make decisions on the fly without much thought, research, or input from others.

It's why he vastly overpaid for Twitter and agreed to buy it before he was certain he actually wanted it or knew what he was getting.  It's why Twitter Blue had to be discontinued to be re-worked right after it was introduced. It's why he was caught off guard by the mass resignations from employees that he didn't fire, it's why he's confused about why advertising spending isn't picking up or recovering. 

Musk is flying by the seat of his pants on all of this. Maybe it'll work and Twitter will be revitalized or maybe Twitter will crash and burn.  Either way I'm getting my popcorn ready. 

All the personality and management style aside, this is one of the richest men in the world. I'm certain he has a staff of accountants and business analyst types that can give him a thumbs up/down on business investments. But in the end, if Twitter blows up and Musk loses his investment, I couldn't care less because I don't invest is social media companies. Personally I believe they're ultimately in the business to data mine our activity and sell the information.    

• Like 1

1 hour ago, creed said:

I think he had a number in mind based on cost, not value.

3 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Comedy for functional idiots. 

The level of hurt this takeover has done to you is stunning. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Engagement isn't the issue. It's revenue. 

And I promise you if he tries to go at Apple like he said he would, the deed is done. If it comes off the app store Twitter is dead.