A little birdy told me

TeamZero77

30 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

That our next head coach was an Auburn QB and has a Pac 12 Championship and a Rose Bowl win on his resume. He is currently coaching and living in Georgia. 👀

<Insert that famous Office clip here>

If we're going to hire him, then can we please at least get Benko as AD?

All of you guys crapping on Grimes are going to be mighty sorry.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

That our next head coach was an Auburn QB and has a Pac 12 Championship and a Rose Bowl win on his resume. He is currently coaching and living in Georgia. 👀

Would not be surprised 

29 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

This would be a total JABA move. And would not be surprising. If we pull some kind move like this hiring Helton I swear I’ll be pretty much done spending nearly as much time following AU football 😔

Edited by AUINSY
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, miscram6 said:

Sorry, who are we talking about here?

Helton 🤮

Funny how Auburn is just Auburn in football, isn't it? It should be painfully obvious by now that our competition is hurting us on the coaching market. If we're going to be this desperate, then please pretty please can we just go get Dell?

I hope a mod shoots this down!

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Viper said:

I guess I’m ignorant. What AU QB has coached at a PAC 12 school?

Clay Helton, former QB at Auburn in early ‘90’s, former USCw head coach before Lincoln Riley, current head coach of Georgia Southern. I’d prefer to pass on this one.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clay_Helton

Edited by AUINSY
  • Thanks 1

There’s no way. There can’t be a way, because if it happens I think I’ll quit as an Auburn football fan. I refuse to believe that of all the choices Auburn will have, they’d pick Clay Helton.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

12 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

There’s no way. There can’t be a way, because if it happens I think I’ll quit as an Auburn football fan. I refuse to believe that of all the choices Auburn will have, they’d pick Clay Helton.

This is 110% exactly what I’m saying. Auburn football is it’s own worst enemy. And if this happens, it might just gain me as an enemy too. If not as an enemy, than at least entirely apathetic and unenthusiastic alum concerning Auburn football. We will really be a basketball school if this happens. 

Edited by AUINSY
  • Like 1

Stomach borderline hurts. See why schedule equity is important?

That said, our admin wouldn't be completely blameless either. There's a very simple "emergency" option out there (in the same state) who would almost def say yes, who would be a very solid hire.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

This little birdy?

Screenshot_20221027-220604~2.png

• Like 1

Screw it. If we hire Helton, I will officially be sorry we fired Gus. We may just need to accept that we're an undesirable job for reasons out of our control--because clearly, we're desirable in every other sport. The difference is quite obviously that well regarded coaching prospects simply do not want to play the toughest schedule in the country every year, with all-time top 15 level expectations. People viewing Grimes as some retread, bargain bin candidate are so incredibly out of touch with reality. Outside of the Auburn fanbase he is a well-regarded candidate that Auburn would be very fortunate to get and likely can't because of our aforementioned circumstances.

(But seriously, we could at least land Dell, right? Right?)

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 4

I am going to stop looking at the board before I go to sleep, just not conducive to a restful night.😏  Was this guy on any of the lists?  I am fine with Grimes.

3 minutes ago, aublue88 said:

I am going to stop looking at the board before I go to sleep, just not conducive to a restful night.😏  Was this guy on any of the lists?  I am fine with Grimes.

Harsin wasn’t on any lists.

I know, I’m probably alone with this next comment: as far as schedule equality goes, I think the A.D. hire is more important than the head coach. With Texas and Oklahoma joining the SEC, we have a chance to finally not play one of the toughest schedules in college football every year. We just need the right A.D. to get in there and fight for us!

Maybe it’s not reality, but with the money Auburn can spend, I just can’t see why we can’t get a top quality head coach. Ole Miss plays a tough schedule as well (I know they don’t play Georgia every year) and they managed to get both Freeze and Lane Kiffin. I just find it hard to believe, with Auburn money, we can’t get a top-notch head coach.

Freaking Kentucky got Stoops, I know it’s not the SEC West, but it’s still Kentucky football and he has completely turned them around. We can’t offer Stoops, Freeze, Kiffin or Dion the bank vault and get one of them to Auburn? I believe we can, if we don’t, shame on us.

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, AUwent said:

Screw it. If we hire Helton, I will officially be sorry we fired Gus. We may just need to accept that we're an undesirable job for reasons out of our control--because clearly, we're desirable in every other sport. The difference is quite obviously that well regarded coaching prospects simply do not want to play the toughest schedule in the country every year, with all-time top 15 level expectations. People viewing Grimes as some retread, bargain bin candidate are so incredibly out of touch with reality. Outside of the Auburn fanbase he is a well-regarded candidate that Auburn would be very fortunate to get and likely can't because of our aforementioned circumstances.

(But seriously, we could at least land Dell, right? Right?)

Everything is not about the schedule. We don't even know what the schedule will look like in a couple years. Either way, the right coach would love to play the toughest teams. 

Let's quit acting like Auburn is some pathetic football program that would be lucky to get Dell McGee as HC. 

99% chance this Helton thing isn't true. If it is, it means we still have morons at the top. It wouldn't mean no one wants to coach AU football. 

• Like 1