December Portal: Expected to be unheard of....this is good for Auburn

W.E.D

4 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Ok, you know....do the right thing and just fire Harsin immediately.

IDK, maybe our AD/Pres is praying Harsin turns it around, beat Slaw, Aggies, MSU, WKU (or at least 3-4), and they can somehow "mutually part ways" and let him go to Arizona State.  It's the only logic that I can cling too, even at a massive long shot

And I am praying that the only think Harsin turns around  is his back towards us and his front towards the door. See ya !!!  Yea Yea Yea i know the players and yada yada. This is not about them its about him. His saying is " you want it done right or you want it done now" Well the Al Bundy in me is saying " we want it done right now !!"  

1 hour ago, IronMan70 said:

This is like the NFL model with 1 major exception. The NFL has multi-year contracts before free agency. In college football, everybody is a free agent every year. That is not a sustainable model. 

I thought you could transfer only once without a penalty.   After that you have to sit out a year.   Is that still a thing?

41 minutes ago, AUinMS9528 said:

I thought you could transfer only once without a penalty.   After that you have to sit out a year.   Is that still a thing?

This is correct. 

The only exception may be if you're a grad-transfer.  

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Build a consistent and good team you're not going to lose top talent or you'll rarely lose 'em.  

And have a coach who is likeable.....someone the players can respect

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, AUinMS9528 said:

There was a lawsuit filed on that and I don't know where that stands right now. However I don't think double transfer players, which are the ones that would incur that penalty, are going to be the major problem.  

IIRC, after last season's portal deadline there were hundreds (possibly over 1,500) players that didn't get picked up on a team.  The portal can still be a crap shoot for some players that haven't proven themselves at their original school.  The portal isn't exactly chock full of 4-5*'s and if a highly rated player hits the portal, they've likely already connected with their next destination before they ever declare. 

3 hours ago, W.E.D said:

The weight of NFL money probably outweighs the incremental amount one could leave Bama as a starter for elsewhere.  That's still the end goal with 99% of these kids.

There are plenty of good players getting to the NFL wo bama help. I believe there is much truth to the addage “most if those great players picking bama would be high draft picks somewhere else”.