Freeze off the board?

W.E.D

22 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

You can downplay his recruiting all you want however you want, but any coach that can pull the #1 recruit in the country to JSU from the likes of FSU and UGA is a natural recruiter, period and will have a field day bringing talent to a place like AU in the SEC.

You mean he'll recruit as well as Orgeron did at LSU. OK. While recruiting is important, it's not the end-all, be-all. See the aforementioned Orgeron.

22 hours ago, cole256 said:

Well Gus also only snagged one or two 5 stars a cycle so either way it goes he'd still be doing good. But I wouldn't imagine you could know the impact Sanders would have as far as kids and their parents trusting to come here

The Cajuns trusted Orgeron. He was "One of their own". How'd that work out?

• Facepalm 3

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

You mean he'll recruit as well as Orgeron did at LSU. OK. While recruiting is important, it's not the end-all, be-all. See the aforementioned Orgeron.

They got one championship. But if you want to go that route you actually have many more faliures going the other way. Lastly Sanders isn't one of Auburn's own so there was no point made

On 10/29/2022 at 8:40 AM, Mikey said:

That's a hope. There's nothing to base it on. When Sanders has to compete with UAT and UGA for virtually every player on his wish list it will be a brand new game for him. Snagging one or two by selling the "make HBCU's great" pitch won't be available to him at Auburn

He's Deion freaking Sanders. There isn't a single recruit or coach from high school, college or NFL, past or present, who hasn't heard of him.

You would literally be on the mother of all scavenger hunts to find a single person from that group who hasn't heard of him. Maybe an Aussie punter, which who frickin cares.

Of all the available realistic candidates, who is more well known than Prime?

Last January, I stated we need a rock star HC. @Quietmaninthecorner @Randman5000@1716 @DAG @PowerOfDixieland laughed, scoffed, facepalmed and questioned how Harsin could possibly get fired in Year 2 and how AU could be put in a position to land a rock star HC.

THAT very moment, much to their chagrin, has arrived.

Auburn will never EVER be in a situation where they can find a bigger one.

Prime is a pied piper at a HBCU. He will do the exact same at his next P5 program.

• Like 5
  • Facepalm 2

2 minutes ago, Viper said:

He's Deion freaking Sanders. There isn't a single recruit or coach from high school, college or NFL, past or present, who hasn't heard of him.

You would literally be on the mother of all scavenger hunts to find a single person from that group who hasn't heard of him. Maybe an Aussie punter, which who frickin cares.

Last January, I stated we need a rock star HC. @Quietmaninthecorner @Randman5000@1716 @DAG @PowerOfDixieland laughed, scoffed, facepalmed and questioned how Harsin could possibly get fired in Year 2 and how AU could be put in a position to land a rock star HC.

Prime is a pied piper at a HBCU. He will do the exact same at his next P5 program.

Did I hurt you ? Why do you keep tagging me in your post ? I literally have NO clue what your are talking about ? 

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Viper said:

You forgot to mention  me

11 minutes ago, Viper said:

So just based on that alone, it automatically translates or transforms into 10,11, or 12 win seasons? I don't think so. 

12 minutes ago, DAG said:

We need a COACH, not a well known "Rock Star" that has only coached 2 years and at a school that is hardly above a division 2 school. He is just not proven at the P5 level, but yet, it's jump on "Prime Time" because he beat out Fla. St. for 1-One top rated recruit in the country? Yet some of you want to take a Junior high coach and give him the HC job at a major university? SMH. 

• Like 2
  • Dislike 2

1 minute ago, cctiger said:

So just based on that alone, it automatically translates or transforms into 10,11, or 12 win seasons? I don't think so. 

We need a COACH, not a well known "Rock Star" that has only coached 2 years and at a school that is hardly above a division 2 school. He is just not proven at the P5 level, but yet, it's jump on "Prime Time" because he beat out Fla. St. for 1-One top rated recruit in the country? Yet some of you want to take a Junior high coach and give him the HC job at a major university? SMH. 

I don’t know why I am in the middle of this. I very rarely speak to this guy and last time we did speak and ran to the mods. He appears and does the I told you so when he is right and when he is wrong he is nowhere to be found. Just a weird dude lol.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

As a newby here, I won't go into my reasons but just for the record for those who keep track, I'm not a fan of Deion. If we hire him I will support him but I hope we choose another path.

5 minutes ago, cctiger said:

Go read here for all y'alls concern what you said and I'm sure what you wanna say has all been discussed here at ad nauseam... 

Just now, Viper said:

Who cares man? That is the point . You were right about him getting fired in year two. How long are you going to hold on to that? Little ass kid lol.

33 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

As a newby here, I won't go into my reasons but just for the record for those who keep track, I'm not a fan of Deion. If we hire him I will support him but I hope we choose another path.

Alas, we always do. 

26 minutes ago, cctiger said:

That's cool. And it's a fair point. Just remember your statements when the Prime bandwagon is filling up at a P5 program and you're the last in line.

Prime was also among the last two choices on a Top 250 OL. The kid chose bammer over Jackson St.

4 hours ago, Mikey said:

While recruiting is important, it's not the end-all, be-all.

Yet bammer, Georgia, Ohio State & Clemson are Top 4 year after year after year after year after...

Since none of us have an opinion that counts towards anything more than message board popularity, in other words won't determine the next hire, I am still perplexed at some of the reasons some coaches are picked as not just candidates but must haves or all is lost.  No one can guarantee total success even with high level recruiting wins(FIsher).  I personally like Lane Kiffin and think he could do a great job at AU because he would have  more resources than at OM.  I also can admit when he went for the fake punt on his own 15 that my choice wavered a little.  My reasons for wanting him to coach at AU are simple, he runs an exciting offense and has proven himself to be a winner in the SEC west. He will need a very strong DC!  I am not saying others cannot be successful rather just saying he is the most proven candidate going by most standards . Freeze would also be a close second going by the same credentials.   Until Harsin is fired or let go or whatever you call sending someone off with $15 million dollars, and an AD is hired, do we truly know what names are even being considered?  

3 hours ago, Viper said:

My chagrin is much greater than Bryan Harsin, but when we actually fire him I'll get you the medal you so desperately want.  You still won't be happy, never will be when it comes to Auburn football....

McKayla Maroney is Now Making "Vulnerable Pop" Music

Edited by PowerOfDixieland

4 hours ago, cole256 said:

Lastly Sanders isn't one of Auburn's own so there was no point made

YOUR point was that parents would trust Sanders. MY point, a point I made quite well, was that the people in Louisiana trusted Orgeron.

3 hours ago, Viper said:

You assume he's available. I'm not so sure about that.

3 hours ago, cctiger said:

Jimmies and Joes, not x and Os

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

Brought a NC when he had right staff. Just couldn’t keep them.

2 hours ago, DAG said:

I very rarely speak to this guy and last time we did speak and ran to the mods. He appears and does the I told you so when he is right and when he is wrong he is nowhere to be found. Just a weird dude lol.

You used to be ALL about me. Then you went pro-Harsin, dug your boots in, questioned my every statement and he broke your heart. You poor little thing.

Launch your fishing expedition to uncover what I've been wrong about and report back.

Hell, you can't even remember what you said last January, let alone anyone else's prediction.

2 hours ago, DAG said:

Who cares man? That is the point . You were right about him getting fired in year two. How long are you going to hold on to that? Little ass kid lol.

You chose to die on your Harsin hill, despite the facts I provided since November that we were getting left behind.

Perhaps you should start listening instead of questioning and opposing.

Who's laughing their ass off now?

think-about-it-reece-simpson.gif

2 minutes ago, Viper said:

You used to be ALL about me. Then you went pro-Harsin, dug your boots in, questioned my every statement and he broke your heart. You poor little thing.

Launch your fishing expedition to uncover what I've been wrong about and report back.

Hell, you can't even remember what you said last January, let alone anyone else's prediction.

You chose to die on your Harsin hill, despite the facts I provided since November that we were getting left behind.

Perhaps you should start listening instead of questioning and opposing.

Who's laughing their ass off now?

think-about-it-reece-simpson.gif

I don't even know you like that lmao. The only time I even think about you is when you tag me QUARTERLY. I do remember you running to the mods though, crying about how mean I was to you lol. So I guess I did hurt you haha, it would be okay man. 

Edited by DAG

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

You assume he's available. I'm not so sure about that.

So Jackson State has him locked in to that 500K lifetime contract?