Jump to content

MSU Cohen as new AD?


gravejd
 Share

Recommended Posts





2 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Is this good or bad? 

State fans seem very excited at this news for some reason. 

If Leach comes with him, it's very bad. The idea of watching years of air raid with a bad roster, I'm not sure it could get worse. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, aucom96 said:

If Leach comes with him, it's very bad. The idea of watching years of air raid with a bad roster, I'm not sure it could get worse. 

 

Why would Leach come with him? This is a very dumb theory that people bring up as if the AD and HC are a married couple. 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, metafour said:

 

Why would Leach come with him? This is a very dumb theory that people bring up as if the AD and HC are a married couple. 

Not really a theory, just a personal fear!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m not if good or bad tbh. I don’t like the last couple hires at MSU but at the same time they have been pretty good by MSU standards. The baseball team is top notch. He knows how to run a power 5 program. And experience in SEC. We could do way worse. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, zeroforwinger said:

Was he mentioned by all the insiders?

His name was mentioned mid last week NY a few places. Believe here too

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Do we have any source that MSU wants him out? Their athletics programs seem to be doing well right now, as @DAG mentioned.

Also, who would he go after at HC?

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, AUwent said:

Do we have any source that MSU wants him out? Their athletics programs seem to be doing well right now, as @DAG mentioned.

Also, who would he go after at HC?

Fans are fickle it’s funny. But it is what it is.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

His name was mentioned mid last week NY a few places. Believe here too

Seems like as good a choice as any. I’m not sure why people have such strong opinions on who would be good in an AD role. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

Looks like Grimes isn’t the front runner any longer  

Ok, then who? Hopefully not Helton?

3 minutes ago, zeroforwinger said:

Seems like as good a choice as any. I’m not sure why people have such strong opinions on who would be good in an AD role. 

Yeah, I have no idea what to think. If MSU fans weren't wanting him gone I'd def be ok with it.

Edited by AUwent
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, zeroforwinger said:

Seems like as good a choice as any. I’m not sure why people have such strong opinions on who would be good in an AD role. 

On the surface it seems fine.

Idk what has been doing on NIL. That's probably #1.

Haven't they expanded or enhanced their stadium recently? Also a plus

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Ok, then who? Hopefully not Helton?

Hartwell seemed to be connected to Grimes since he tried to hire him once before.

No idea if there is a front runner at the moment since Cohen came out of nowhere 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

On the surface it seems fine.

Idk what has been doing on NIL. That's probably #1.

Haven't they expanded or enhanced their stadium recently? Also a plus

I would assume NIL is dependent on donors and the school more than the AD. Not sure about stadium expansion, but their athletics programs seem to be solid all around. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, zeroforwinger said:

I would assume NIL is dependent on donors and the school more than the AD. Not sure about stadium expansion, but their athletics programs seem to be solid all around. 

Read an article and it seems like he's encouraging it.

They added some balconies on their stadium I think.

https://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/college/mississippi-state/2022/08/01/mississippi-state-athletic-director-john-cohen-legacy-new-coaches/10129324002/

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, AUwent said:

The question is, why has MSU informed him they're moving on? If it weren't for that, I'd say it's a decent hire.

Is this a rumor? I've seen ppl mention this. Apparently 247 said it's false

  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, AUwent said:

The question is, why has MSU informed him they're moving on? If it weren't for that, I'd say it's a decent hire.

Did that happen? I haven't seen that anywhere and 247 is denying that. 

  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, DAG said:

I feel at the very least he would go out the box to get a coach 

Possibly Danny Hugh Freeze? But really the AD will hire who PTB tell him

Edited by NWALA Tiger
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...