MSU Cohen as new AD?

gravejd

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

That's not necessarily so.

See this is the problem. One group says there isn't an issue. Another group says there is. It truly depends on what fence you stand on.

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

See this is the problem. One group says there isn't an issue. Another group says there is. It truly depends on what fence you stand on.

What I’m saying is that this notion of them being on board is just message board gossip that people have run with like it’s gospel   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AUwent said:

I'll say it again. If Gus had just made good OL hires, he should've been kept.

That's the thing...he couldn't get anyone better than his guys.

Greene went out and found a poor man's Gus in that regard.

• Sad 1

Just now, Viper said:

That's the thing...he couldn't get anyone better than his guys.

Greene went out and found a poor man's Gus in that regard.

Gus is ranked this week.

4 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

What I’m saying is that this notion of them being on board is just message board gossip that people have run with like it’s gospel   

To boot...what are Butch and Bruce supposed to say about their new AD?

you-definitely-suck-kurt-angle.gif

• Sad 1

45 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Good lord.  Sophie's Choice.  The Guy Roberts Told the PTB to Shove it Up Their Ass over vs One Step Above Tim Jackson.  Just shoot me in the head.

Yep.

Why does this keep happening? Why?

8 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Gus is ranked this week.

Yes, in just his second season there and Freeze is ranked with Liberty, but we don’t want either one of them. 😂

• Haha 1

Wash. Rinse. Repeat. Same old Auburn stuff. What’s the old saying about insanity again? The Football program will remain in purgatory because too many people with a checkbook wants to micromanage it. Tragic because Auburn has all the potential in the SEC, but can’t seem to get out of its own way. 

45 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Right like most things on here. One well like MOD says something, it is the gospel. Another insider or mod, says another thing and that is gospel. Everything is contradictory. So who are the masses to believe? Your perceived gossip is someone else's gospel and vice versa. 

Edited by DAG

I'm a Roberts guy. I think he wanted this to be as closed of a loop as possible. So when everyone starts getting into a frenzy because an insider leaks out interview lists, it complicates the process and people start making assumptions based on limited information. I believe Roberts took this process very seriously and the candidates mentioned were interviewed multiple times in order to cover all of the things necessary. Some crossed off boxes, some did not. If this search firm came up with Cohen, and Roberts listened to his pitch and was impressed, wouldn't you have to consider it too? I know a lot of folks here (and TOS) complain about boosters meddling and when a President does his diligence on this candidate, and all of a sudden it's an issue, it seems contradictory. You either trust a guy to find the right guy, or you don't. And since it seems like no one is ever on the same page, the President has to do what he feels like is best for the university and take emotion out of the process because it isn't a sexy name or a well-known figure.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Do you know for sure, I mean some inside scoop for real, not something from a pay site that several assistant coaches and donors did not want him?

Communication and alignment. Building a consensus takes time. But it's a requirement at this level of management. Things get handled quietly. Don't ever deviate from those two basic tenets of leadership. Look at the last 24 hours. This rookie mistake can still be fixed.

Edited by slyinsocal
Further commentary
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Do you know for sure, I mean some inside scoop for real, not something from a pay site that several assistant coaches and donors did not want him?

No. And that’s my entire point. The only source for this or that coach loves or hates Cohen is message board rumors. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, DAG said:

Right like most things on here. One well like MOD says something, it is the gospel. Another insider or mod, says another thing and that is gospel. Everything is contradictory. So who are the masses to believe? Your perceived gossip is someone else's gospel and vice versa. 

My point is, it’s all message board stuff. There’s nothing out there solid that I know of that can point to any Auburn coach who loves or hates Cohen. So deciding that “ if Bruce likes him he must be ok” is just silly. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

My point is, it’s all message board stuff. There’s nothing out there solid that I know of that can point to any Auburn coach who loves or hates Cohen. So deciding that “ if Bruce likes him he must be ok” is just silly. 

Who are the money people that didn't want Cohen? 

No need to stroke out people.  The plan is in place. The first domino will fall today or tomorrow.  The head coach will be named in a month or so. It's hilarious some of u think Cohen will employ a search committee and scour the country for a head coach. There isn't time for that. The plan is set. Cohen is on board with it. He has a very very short list to choose from. Sit back and enjoy...

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Who are the money people that didn't want Cohen? 

I couldn’t get into those specifics even if I was sure I had all the right names. Cohen wasn’t really on anyone’s radar that I know of. Everyone was on board with the options we’d been hearing about.  

4 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

No need to stroke out people.  The plan is in place. The first domino will fall today or tomorrow.  The head coach will be named in a month or so. It's hilarious some of u think Cohen will employ a search committee and scour the country for a head coach. There isn't time for that. The plan is set. Cohen is on board with it. He has a very very short list to choose from. Sit back and enjoy...

The plan was to finally get alignment between the people who matter at Auburn, the AU administration and the football coach. It’s all anyone associated with this entire situation has been preaching for weeks. No more factions and infighting. No more lack of communication and going rogue. It was what Roberts was finally going to bring to the table. And the first thing he does is veer off and do his own thing and try to rush it through. 

It’s stupid and a repeat of all the dumb s*** that got us in this mess we’re in now. People at Auburn never ******* learn. 

• Thanks 1
  • Angry 1

6 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

The plan was to finally get alignment between the people who matter at Auburn, the AU administration and the football coach. It’s all anyone associated with this entire situation has been preaching for weeks. No more factions and infighting. No more lack of communication and going rogue. It was what Roberts was finally going to bring to the table. And the first thing he does is veer off and do his own thing and try to rush it through. 

It’s stupid and a repeat of all the dumb s*** that got us in this mess we’re in now. People at Auburn never ******* learn. 

Do u really think there can be true alignment thru out all parties at AU? I dont. As  long as the main 2 or 3 are on board, that's the best we can hope for IMO. I bet everyone wasn't on board with Dye. The main 2 or 3 were and Dye was winning. Will be same situation this time. 

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Do u really think there can be true alignment thru out all parties at AU? I dont.

Yes there can and it was right there to be had. Roberts had multiple options in front of him he was ready to make a decision on and all the parties were good with. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Yes there can and it was right there to be had. Roberts had multiple options in front of him he was ready to make a decision on and all the parties were good with. 

I have to disagree.  IMO too many ego's, too many with their own self interest to get complete alignment. I think Cohen has been in it for a while.  His name wasn't leaked cause of where he was working. It just makes no sense to me that Roberts went rogue on this, considering what happened to the last guy that went rogue... I feel confident that Roberts had the backing of the 2 or 3 most important people ( u know who they are). There wasn't what u call pushback on Cohen, I'm told it was more hurt feelings that they weren't included or consulted b4 Roberts made his final decision.  But, like I said the 2 or 3 most important ones were consulted and are on board.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I have to disagree.  IMO too many ego's, too many with their own self interest to get complete alignment. I think Cohen has been in it for a while.  His name wasn't leaked cause of where he was working. It just makes no sense to me that Roberts went rogue on this, considering what happened to the last guy that went rogue... I feel confident that Roberts had the backing of the 2 or 3 most important people ( u know who they are). There wasn't what u call pushback on Cohen, I'm told it was more hurt feelings that they weren't included or consulted b4 Roberts made his final decision.  But, like I said the 2 or 3 most important ones were consulted and are on board.

You can disagree all you want, but I'm telling you what what going on.  There was pushback and it was/is significant.  Maybe it can be smoothed over.  But if history teaches us anything about Auburn it's that when you decide to go off script like this, you better be damn sure it's a smashing success, because the second it isn't, the people who weren't happy at the start are going to let it be known this was never their choice.  

And having the backing of "2 or 3 important people" even if it were true, wasn't what we were trying to do.  There's always been that. The problem is the other people who aren't on board.  We were supposed to be doing things differently this time and once again we've decided to be dysfunctional.

• Like 1