MSU Cohen as new AD?

gravejd

2 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Hoke

Hoke also said Tank was transferring 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, AUwent said:

The question is, why has MSU informed him they're moving on? If it weren't for that, I'd say it's a decent hire.

Maybe they found out he was talking with us and they cut him loose?

Who knows?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

So...wouldn't be shocked if Hoke was wrong. Idk tho

If it is Cohen and this is accurate then I feel a little better about it. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, DAG said:

Fans are fickle it’s funny. But it is what it is.

This scares me. The last hire who came with a “oh PLEASE take him” from his previous school was Brian Harsin.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

So...wouldn't be shocked if Hoke was wrong. Idk tho

So, does that mean we chose Cohen because he has a bigger buyout?   This would explain a lot.   #JABA 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gravejd said:

I’m not if good or bad tbh. I don’t like the last couple hires at MSU but at the same time they have been pretty good by MSU standards. The baseball team is top notch. He knows how to run a power 5 program. And experience in SEC. We could do way worse. 

We did.  It was Allen Greene.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AUwent said:

The question is, why has MSU informed him they're moving on? If it weren't for that, I'd say it's a decent hire.

This is clearly not true. Judge it by his resume . Not internet board fodder. He has done much more at Mississippi State than anything Hartwell has done . 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Read an article and it seems like he's encouraging it.

They added some balconies on their stadium I think.

https://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/college/mississippi-state/2022/08/01/mississippi-state-athletic-director-john-cohen-legacy-new-coaches/10129324002/

We got Cows.. maybe we get cowbells.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AUwent said:

No inside information here, but that sounds like sour grapes to me. Oh, you want to go to Auburn? We didn't want you, anyway. (Ignore that we just offered you a raise and the longest extension allowed under Mississippi law.)

I wouldn’t listen to anything a Mississippi state fan says. Trust me, I live amongst them. IMO they are the worst fans in the country.

Well apparently it's done we shall see! 

I'm excited for this Hire I'll be even more when he fires Harsin.

Edited by autiger88
  • Like 1

I havent heard a single real reason why this is a bad hire yet. We went after a sitting AD in the SEC from a school experiencing above their normal success benchmark. And he might even have experience with facility upgrades.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

26 minutes ago, aubie57 said:

I wouldn’t listen to anything a Mississippi state fan says. Trust me, I live amongst them. IMO they are the worst fans in the country.

I have to listen, I'm married to one. 

I actually don't think their fans are bad at all. At least not the ones I know. Now, Ole Miss is a different story. 

• Like 1

Is this a bad thing? I don’t know anything about ADs. He has had a decent athletic department. Womens Bball, hell of a baseball program, mens bball not terrible , football is bowl bound 

2 hours ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

Who would have had a better chance at landing Deion

This Cohen character or Greene?

Rhetorical. 

Could care a less about the a. d. But thats just me

Hoke wants to get it first, not necesarily right.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Folks. Don't get upset at whoever is named AD..... The head coach choice is so much more important.  

With the bar that’s been set at the other programs, we definitely need to get someone that doesn’t tank the prestige elsewhere 

14 minutes ago, gr82be said:

I have to listen, I'm married to one. 

I actually don't think their fans are bad at all. At least not the ones I know. Now, Ole Miss is a different story. 

I’ll admit not all state fans are horrible, I have a few friends that are state fans. I’ve never had any issues with any ole miss fans. I’ve been talking with one of my state friends. He is not a Cohen fan at all.He also says Butch Thompson will leave Auburn if Cohen is hired.  Apparently there’s not a lot of love there.

Edited by aubie57
  • Like 1

If true, I do not believe it’s a bad hire at all. One thing for sure is that he isn’t scared to think outside the box on hires. I really never expected to Leach at MSU. 
Overall their sports program hasn’t been bad the past few years. 

Edited by Jabo