MSU Cohen as new AD?

gravejd

2 minutes ago, aubie57 said:

I’ll admit not all state fans are horrible, I have a few friends that are state fans. I’ve never had any issues with any ole miss fans. I’ve been talking with one of my state friends. He is not a Cohen fan at all.He also says Butch Thompson will leave Auburn if Cohen is hired.  Apparently there’s not a lot of love there.

Well that's certainly not something you want to hear regarding Thompson. He needs to stay put. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, aubie57 said:

I’ll admit not all state fans are horrible, I have a few friends that are state fans. I’ve never had any issues with any ole miss fans. I’ve been talking with one of my state friends. He is not a Cohen fan at all.He also says Butch Thompson will leave Auburn if Cohen is hired.  Apparently there’s not a lot of love there.

Why isn't he a fan? I can't seem to get anybody to answer that question. 

4 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Well that's certainly not something you want to hear regarding Thompson. He needs to stay put. 

If true, hopefully they can work things out. I would sure hate to see Thompson leave. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

Why isn't he a fan? I can't seem to get anybody to answer that question. 

He doesn’t like the hires he’s made, I sent you a PM. The statement about Thompson was very concerning for me. I do trust this guy and what he says. 

29 minutes ago, Auburn06 said:

Hiring a guy that MSU can't wait to get rid of.. sounds about right for the University of Auburn. 

Where are people getting this? Please provide a source. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

He was offered an extension recently, how did their relationship sour over the last few months?

I mean seriously - people just want to be negative at this point. Rivals is about ready to explode with negativity. It is stupid.  

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Auburn06 said:

Hiring a guy that MSU can't wait to get rid of.. sounds about right for the University of Auburn. 

Troll Detected Warning GIF - Troll Detected Warning Trolls GIFs

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Where are people getting this? Please provide a source. 

I realize this is just anecdotal, but if you read the comments on Thamel's tweet, Miss State fans are very excited about the possibility that he leaves. They are begging us to take him today. I know nothing about him at all, but that is concerning to me. We really needed to get this right.

1 hour ago, Auburn06 said:

Really please tell me nobody is falling for this? This is clearly a troll! 🤦

Edited by autiger88

1 hour ago, Auburn06 said:

Blogle, is that you?

5 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

Really please tell me nobody is falling for this? This is clearly a troll! 🤦

Yeah, it screams Blogle or that AllAubarn guy on the Twitbook cesspool

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WarrrEagleHey said:

I realize this is just anecdotal, but if you read the comments on Thamel's tweet, Miss State fans are very excited about the possibility that he leaves. They are begging us to take him today. I know nothing about him at all, but that is concerning to me. We really needed to get this right.

First of all, he is an AD. Since when has anyone really cared about the A.D.? 
Also didn’t they win their first ever national championship in a sport while he was there?

• Like 2

Seriously I could not name more than 3 ADs in the entire country and I have never heard of this guy before today. I imagine that 99% of the people on this board have never heard of him either.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Seriously I could not name more than 3 ADs in the entire country and I have never heard of this guy before today. I imagine that 99% of the people on this board have never heard of him either.

Right. Head coach hire is the important one. I dont care if Pee Wee Herman is AD. As long as he hires right coach

7 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

First of all, he is an AD. Since when has anyone really cared about the A.D.? 
Also didn’t they win their first ever national championship in a sport while he was there?

Most feel he's overly tight with money and apparently not well liked by a lot of people who know him. 

I just get nervous when a name no one has mentioned once suddenly becomes an imminent hire. That never works out well for Auburn. 

• Like 1