MSU Cohen as new AD?

gravejd

50 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

He was offered an extension recently, how did their relationship sour over the last few months?

(circumstantial) Signed a contract extension with salary increase (4 months ago?).

This guy’s a good AD.  Our problem (as a fan base) is that we’ve been abused so many times that we’re leery of the next abuser.

Edited by AUnMS
  • Like 1

Been gone for a trip this past week. Ugh, this is just so Auburn. Hiring a guy who’s getting ran off from MSU. I might have misjudged Roberts. This is just pathetic. I was hoping when. I heard it it was a joke…

• Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, Auburnguy101 said:

Been gone for a trip this past week. Ugh, this is just so Auburn. Hiring a guy who’s getting ran off from MSU. I might have misjudged Roberts. This is just pathetic. I was hoping when. I heard it it was a joke…

Why do you believe he’s getting run off from MSU 90 days after signing a 4 year extension?  Do you believe every rumor?

It sounds to me like that rumor surfaced last night after he interviewed earlier in the day.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Auburnguy101 said:

He wasn't getting run off... He literally just signed a contract extension 3 months ago.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Auburnguy101 said:

Please stop. Give him a chance. 

Edited by gr82b4au

8 minutes ago, Auburnguy101 said:

I’m not gonna bang in this as others have already, but this is just a crazy thought process. One writer tweets that he’s been run off and that becomes fact?? The facts suggest otherwise. 

Edited by NoALtiger
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Why do you believe he’s getting run off from MSU 90 days after signing a 4 year extension?  Do you believe every rumor?

It sounds to me like that rumor surfaced last night after he interviewed earlier in the day.

I’m going off from MSU alums. They texted me earlier this week and I thought it was a joke. They are happy he is gone. That’s what I’m going off from…

2 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

I’m not gonna bang in this as others have already but this is just a crazy thought process. One writer tweets that he’s been run off and that becomes fact??

As I have already posted, a few alums from MSU have told me they are happy he’s gone. That’s all I need to know…

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

I suspect that the rumor of MSU running him off is that when the PTB at MSU found out that he was talking with AU, they got mad and told him he should start seeking other positions.  Pat Dye did something similar when asked by an assistant coach if he could interview at a different school.  Dye told he better get the job. 

1 minute ago, Auburnguy101 said:

As I have already posted, a few alums from MSU have told me they are happy he’s gone. That’s all I need to know…

Strange friends you have.  🤷🏻‍♂️

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Please stop. Give him a chance. 

I'd hold up on that... It isn't official quite yet... I think it's happening but nothing concrete yet.

3 minutes ago, Auburnguy101 said:

So...most of us don't care what you or your friends think! You're not important!

4 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Strange friends you have.  🤷🏻‍♂️

Nah, just been in a field where I meet a lot of people associated with money like that. Connections and everything you know?…

• Facepalm 1

6 minutes ago, Auburnguy101 said:

Then by all means,  that's all i need to hear as well....he sucks.

You've got be kidding me...

24 minutes ago, AUnMS said:

This guy’s a good AD.  Our problem (as a fan base) is that we’ve been abused so many times that we’re leery of the next abuser.

Edited 15 minutes ago by

This. While I understand everyone's main concern is the head coach, Jay Jacobs nor Allen Greene did us any favors as ADs, and put the program in a tailspin. The AD DOES matter.

Edited by WarrrEagleHey
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, JKClark said:

Then by all means,  that's all i need to hear as well....he sucks.

You've got be kidding me...

I’ve known them for a while. When MSU people are happy he is gone, red flag to me…

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

17 minutes ago, Auburnguy101 said:

Nah, just been in a field where I meet a lot of people associated with money like that. Connections and everything you know?…

Will you ask them why they extended him and gave him a raise so recently if they didn’t like the guy?

edit…nevermind, I know why now.  Not necessarily performance related.

Edited by AUDevil

33 minutes ago, aucom96 said:

Most feel he's overly tight with money and apparently not well liked by a lot of people who know him. 

I just get nervous when a name no one has mentioned once suddenly becomes an imminent hire. That never works out well for Auburn. 

He was at MSU, he probably had to be tighter with spending than most alumni would like to admit.  

1 hour ago, autiger88 said:

Really please tell me nobody is falling for this? This is clearly a troll! 🤦

I actually saw it on reddit then came here and saw this thread

Edited by Auburn06