MSU Cohen as new AD?

gravejd

11 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

I mean Cohen isn't typical imo so maybe he will go against the grain... Maybe!

Who knows, I’m just so numb to Auburn football where we don’t think outside of the box. I’ll see if I can get some more info later about the realistic chances of us with Deion…

• Like 1

Just now, Auburnguy101 said:

Who knows, I’m just so numb to Auburn football where we don’t think outside of the box. I’ll see if I can get some more info later about the realistic chances of us with Deion…

Same brother same. Welcome to the Darkside man!

3 minutes ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

Dude....

I’m trying not to get my hopes up only to be dashed... but I hope this info is solid 

Oh trust me, me too. The MSU alum I know just told me he knows that Cohen likes Deion a lot and they are close. Again though, in the grand scheme of things, I just don’t know how much stock I would put into Auburn actually hiring him…

• Like 1

1 minute ago, autiger88 said:

Same brother same. Welcome to the Darkside man!

Haha, oh I’ve been on the Deion bandwagon since this year. He’s making it look easy at JSU. Also, his players are so disciplined and well coached. Old school guy who understands the modern day way of college football with his persona, literally don’t know anyone else available with that type of potential…

• Like 1

Just now, Auburnguy101 said:

Haha, oh I’ve been on the Deion bandwagon since this year. He’s making it look easy at JSU. Also, his players are so disciplined and well coached. Old school guy who understands the modern day way of college football with his persona, literally don’t know anyone else available with that type of potential…

Oh I know that, I was taking about just feeling Meh about AU football and just tired of the same ol same ol. 

1 minute ago, autiger88 said:

Oh I know that, I was taking about just feeling Meh about AU football and just tired of the same ol same ol. 

Oh yea, unless proven otherwise, I’m prepared for another ho hum hire…

10 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

8 minutes ago, Auburnguy101 said:

Oh yea, unless proven otherwise, I’m prepared for another ho hum hire…

Same here guys, I am so tired of the "typical guys" that we seem to keep running out as a hire.... it would be nice to make a splash for once in FB

7 minutes ago, Taker said:

Same here guys, I am so tired of the "typical guys" that we seem to keep running out as a hire.... it would be nice to make a splash for once in FB

Yes and maybe put a scare in our Rivals that would be nice.

Edited by autiger88
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Auburnguy101 said:

Thought I should just share this little tidbit since we’re talking about him…

Man I would love to have him as a coach at Auburn but I’d feel bad about taking him away from those players at that school.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Auburnguy101 said:

Cohen just doesn't seem like a pushover puppet type. Dude is a type A head coach that is used to being the man in charge and winning.

In terms of outside the box, just look at his hires. Canizzaro, Howland, Moorhead, Lemonis, Jans, and Leach. Only one of those was an SEC guy from the south (Canizzaro). He likes to go national for HC's. 

4 minutes ago, AURex said:

It's a sad day when Auburn turns to a Mississippi school for anything. JMO.

I mean we have a few times so...not really. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, au302 said:

Cohen just doesn't seem like a pushover puppet type. Dude is a type A head coach that is used to being the man in charge and winning.

In terms of outside the box, just look at his hires. Canizzaro, Howland, Moorhead, Lemonis, Jans, and Leach. Only one of those was an SEC guy from the south (Canizzaro). He likes to go national for HC's. 

Well hopefully he doesn't go far for our next one because one in Particular is basically not far from Starkville 😁

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, au302 said:

Just being an Auburn fan for 30+ years, hiring Deion would be the most dramatic hire ever in our history. I would love to see it but I just don’t see the people in power doing it. I would more than happy to be wrong though…

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Auburnguy101 said:

Just being an Auburn fan for 30+ years, hiring Deion would be the most dramatic hire ever in our history. I would love to see it but I just don’t see the people in power doing it. I would more than happy to be wrong though…

Agreed. Here is my hope. If Roberts/Cohen are doing their own thing, the people in power won't actually be making the hire or reaching out to candidates. They'll just need a majority of the BOT to sign off. Feel like that's a better chance because it'd look horrible if the BOT voted no. But yea, if it's up to the actual boosters, hard to see it happening for sure. Preparing for Charles Kelly

8 minutes ago, au302 said:

Agreed. Here is my hope. If Roberts/Cohen are doing their own thing, the people in power won't actually be making the hire or reaching out to candidates. They'll just need a majority of the BOT to sign off. Feel like that's a better chance because it'd look horrible if the BOT voted no. But yea, if it's up to the actual boosters, hard to see it happening for sure. Preparing for Charles Kelly

Yea, would be nice to see if they do their own thing but again, when it comes to football, Auburn is so conservative and always goes with the comfortable hire. We will see though…

3 minutes ago, Browning4AU said:

Wait, so was he hired or not?

Apparently Hokanson has said that there's some real pushback happening about the hire/possible hire and that some of the pushback is coming from multiple AU coaches. this is what someone over on the rant posted. i don't see the part about the AU coaches on his twitter.

Auburn’s search for for an AD continues — there is very real pushback happening tonight regarding the hire of a John Cohen, and president Chris Roberts is listening.