MSU Cohen as new AD?

gravejd

8 minutes ago, AUFiend said:

Apparently Hokanson has said that there's some real pushback happening about the hire/possible hire and that some of the pushback is coming from multiple AU coaches. this is what someone over on the rant posted. i don't see the part about the AU coaches on his twitter.

Auburn’s search for for an AD continues — there is very real pushback happening tonight regarding the hire of a John Cohen, and president Chris Roberts is listening.

This is such a cluster in a matter of 3 years we have managed to eclipse UTK in the toilet of making the University not hire someone

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AURex said:

It's a sad day when Auburn turns to a Mississippi school for anything. JMO.

3 hours ago, autiger88 said:

I mean we have a few times so...not really. 

Yeah Tubs wasn't a bad pickup

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

It’s gone now. 🤔

It does appear that it is... weird... it was posted... then pinned because it was such a fact and now it is just gone... seems like there isn't a soul that knows what in the crap is happening.

47 minutes ago, AUFiend said:

Apparently Hokanson has said that there's some real pushback happening about the hire/possible hire and that some of the pushback is coming from multiple AU coaches. this is what someone over on the rant posted. i don't see the part about the AU coaches on his twitter.

Auburn’s search for for an AD continues — there is very real pushback happening tonight regarding the hire of a John Cohen, and president Chris Roberts is listening.

If these “multiple AU coaches” are current football coaches, then I want Cohen even more. 

• Like 2

I thought one of the main reasons we picked the school president that we chose, was to avoid all of this Auburn drama.

At this point, I don’t know what to believe but if it took him 2 1/2 months to replace Greene, and he’s just now hearing from coaches about this, it sounds pretty suspect to say the least.

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

I thought one of the main reasons we picked the school president that we chose, was to avoid all of this Auburn drama.

At this point, I don’t know what to believe but if it took him 2 1/2 months to replace Greene, and he’s just now hearing from coaches about this, it sounds pretty suspect to say the least.

From what I've been told, the coaches had given their input. They had signed off on Hartwell or Nunez. 

• Facepalm 1

55 minutes ago, bigbird said:

From what I've been told, the coaches had given their input. They had signed off on Hartwell or Nunez. 

Thanks; that’s part of what I mean. Coaches sign off on Hartwell or Nunez, then the new Pres wants to hire Cohen? After waiting almost 2 months to make the decision? I’m telling you, I just don’t get it.

Pause…

Now that I’ve taken a deep breath and calmed down, I guess it could just be the paysites got this all wrong and screwed it up again.

Edited by AU-24

Yeah, I really hope the foggy chain of events click jockeys have forged is wrong, because if it's even anywhere near true than we've become less capable in our leadership, not more. I've seen numerous State fans make the allegation that Cohen and Thompson do not get along, and that one of the problems with the guy is he isn't well liked. In the world according to "sources", this guy was on no one's radar until the day the presumed favorite candidate is supposed to interview. Now we're backing away? 

What a mess. JABA has never been more JABA. 

• Like 1

None of this is surprising or atleast it shouldn't be...I said it yesterday that nothing was concrete... Everybody jumped to soon on the Cohen hire, I don't believe for a second though that this has to do with any coaches for the simple fact they've had to known about this for a while so that doesn't make sense...I honestly don't believe he was that much of a surprise either...So Called insiders backtracking is my belief until proven otherwise.

Edited by autiger88

I find it curious Thamel is the one that first broke all this since he has been Harsin’s mouthpiece and after the whole Cam saga I am not sure who at Auburn who would “know” would give him the time of day. 

• Like 2

Hilarious. Until proven wrong, I’ll assume the latest rumors are just the guys on the pay sites trying to backtrack on their original “reporting” to make themselves look less like rumor mongers. Probably just selling future subscriptions to the people who love to say JABA. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Thanks; that’s part of what I mean. Coaches sign off on Hartwell or Nunez, then the new Pres wants to hire Cohen? After waiting almost 2 months to make the decision? I’m telling you, I just don’t get it.

Pause…

Now that I’ve taken a deep breath and calmed down, I guess it could just be the paysites got this all wrong and screwed it up again.

Makes no sense. This Roberts cat needs to be a leader and hire an AD..Everyone won't agree with whoever the choice is. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

How do you cancel Hartwell’s interview and get Cohen in, if the coaches already signed of one guy. What could possibly put Cohen over Nunez in that scenario?

Just wait till Roberts tries to hire a football coach. It will be the comedy hour at the Apollo

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Leadership 101. If I'm vetting Cohen, input from Butch, AND Johnnie Harris would be a requirement. She followed Vic Schaefer to A&M after not getting the job as his replacement. Secondly, don't ever hire someone your people are not expecting. If this part is true? :slapfh: