MSU Cohen as new AD?

gravejd

1 minute ago, Taker said:

👇this was a reply to this👆 saying that I wasn't calling nwala a liar for saying this 👆 but what are we going to do when the reports come back out at lunch time that now Cohen is in fact not getting the job. 

👆I said this because over the last 12 to 18 hours we have went from Hartwell is the man getting final interview to Cohen is the man to Cohen is hired to Cohen isn't hired to Cohen is hired all in under a days time... so what happens when at lunch time today the narrative flips again. 

I hope that answers this👇

It does but I'm still confused. Harsin doesn't have any ability to pushback... I thought NWALA was joking... In fact I really think he was.

1 minute ago, Taker said:

👇this was a reply to this👆 saying that I wasn't calling nwala a liar for saying this 👆 but what are we going to do when the reports come back out at lunch time that now Cohen is in fact not getting the job. 

👆I said this because over the last 12 to 18 hours we have went from Hartwell is the man getting final interview to Cohen is the man to Cohen is hired to Cohen isn't hired to Cohen is hired all in under a days time... so what happens when at lunch time today the narrative flips again. 

I hope that answers this👇

My statement bout Harsin pushing back was a joke. Thought everyone would get that LOL

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, autiger88 said:

Yeah I got that, I misread and I corrected it...

Hokenson is just incredibly frustrating because all the “negative” about Cohen has come solely from him even though what he has said has been repeatedly refuted.  

Now he starts this “coaches are pushing back” and suddenly its everywhere like its gospel and everyone is mad at Chris Roberts, Auburn looks like a clown show etc etc etc.  

Hoke is so unreliable yet he is great as a s*** stirrer and now he’s stirred all this up and its taken off like a wildfire.  

• Like 4
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

Hokenson is just incredibly frustrating because all the “negative” about Cohen has come solely from him even though what he has said has been repeatedly refuted.  

Now he starts this “coaches are pushing back” and suddenly its everywhere like its gospel and everyone is mad at Chris Roberts, Auburn looks like a clown show etc etc etc.  

Hoke is so unreliable yet he is great as a s*** stirrer and now he’s stirred all this up and its taken off like a wildfire.  

Some if not most of our beat writers should write for the National Enquirer

Edited by NWALA Tiger

1 minute ago, NWALA Tiger said:

He is talking out of both sides of his mouth this morning LOL

He has no credibility and is even funnier when he tries to analyze football or basketball because he actually is nothing more than your random guy at a sports bar who happens to work for a media outlet. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

My question is this. What other profession do employees have an actual say in who gets hired as their boss? I can understand just reaching out and asking opinions, but "coaches signing off and giving approval" on hiring of the new boss is just odd, IMO. You're not going to please everyone and you can't even actually try do that.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AEAugirl said:

I find it curious Thamel is the one that first broke all this since he has been Harsin’s mouthpiece and after the whole Cam saga I am not sure who at Auburn who would “know” would give him the time of day. 

Cohen is from Tuscaloosa and is friendly with Finebaum as well.. maybe that’s the connection 

42 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

He is talking out of both sides of his mouth this morning LOL

Probably because people that actually know Cohen and actually talk to the Auburn coaches disagree with his take on the situation. Who knows. 

51 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

Hoke, man, I’d love to sue his smug ass if he ever does something worth getting sued over just so I could watch him squirm while I cross examined him. He’s a slimy weasel. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Didba said:

Hoke, man, I’d love to sue his smug ass if he ever does something worth getting sued over just so I could watch him squirm while I cross examined him. He’s a slimy weasel. 

Hoke has been associated with AU for years. If he is such a slimy fart face how is he still a beat writer for AU? Is he really that bad? I truly have no idea 

2 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Hoke has been associated with AU for years. If he is such a slimy fart face how is he still a beat writer for AU? Is he really that bad? I truly have no idea 

He produces clicks on websites in a day and age where 60% of print media companies are dying 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Didba said:

He produces clicks on websites in a day and age where 60% of print media companies are dying 

I am starting to see he also plays both sides. Gives you a whole lot of nothing but adds little pieces to try to captivate you.

• Thanks 1

Hot Topics

Hokanson_Hot_Topics.jpg

Edited by AUx
  • Haha 1

After thinking about it. There may be some truth to what Hoke is saying on this particular subject. This is one thing he cannot stick his head out so far without some kind of solid info.

He would really be jeopardizing his media credentials if he was completely lying about this stuff. I doubt it has anything to do with the politics stuff and imo that should have never been brought up. It’s a non-issue at this point of the hiring process. 

these are just my opinions and assumptions after calming down and thinking about it reasonably and rationally. 

2 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

My statement bout Harsin pushing back was a joke. Thought everyone would get that LOL

2 hours ago, autiger88 said:

I did... I got you bro.

Sorry I didn't,  guess I am a moron today.

5 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

1. Cohen has signed off on firing Harsin.

2. Cohen has also accepted a very short list of replacements.

3. Cohen will name a replacement from that list.

We don't have time to hire a search firm, form a committee to hire a coach. This has to be a quick turnaround.  JMO

This is what you're hearing or what you're hoping?

On 10/29/2022 at 2:39 PM, gr82be said:

I have to listen, I'm married to one. 

I actually don't think their fans are bad at all. At least not the ones I know. Now, Ole Miss is a different story. 

I agree.  I am surrounded by MSU fans all the time.  They’re great for the most part!  The only issue I have with MSU fans are those stupid cowbells! 
I’ve also lived in areas where I was surrounded by LSU fans and bama fans.   MSU fans are 1000X better than either of those!!!   And I agree, typically better than OM fans too.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, W.E.D said:

He banned me yesterday for questioning him. I guess my $1 membership is done

Dont feel bad, we’ve all overpaid for something we later regretted.