PAY SITES are always wrong!!!!

TeamZero77

Our so called "Insiders" at Auburn who make their living covering Auburn sports seem to always get these hires wrong. Not only wrong, they don't even get close.

All we heard after Gus was fired was it's 100% Mario Cristobal. Then he signed an extension to Oregon and our Insiders blamed us not getting Mario because our boosters wouldnt give full control. Then it was for sure going to be Freeze, then Kiffin, then Napier, then Sarkisian, etc. Not a damn one had Bryan Harsin on their list.

Then during the offseason all the Insiders said he was for sure getting fired and then they started the same stuff again about us hiring Kiffin, Grimes, Freeze, etc. Well, Harsin never got fired so they again missed it.

Now the AD hire was for sure going to be the Utah State AD and he was hiring Grimes as HC because he tries to hire Grimes at Utah State. Looks like another miss for the Auburn Insiders like Marshall, Hoke, etc. I haven't seen any of them say that Cohen from Miss. St. was our guy or even in the running. They never get it right.

It goes back to 2008 when we were for sure hiring Turner Gill, then Houston Nutt and then Mike Leach. None of them mentioned Chizik. 

They're taking Auburn fans money but whiffing 90% of the time on recruiting, coaching hires, coaching terminations and AD hirings. 

As much as they give out wrong information, it wouldn't shock me if Harsin is our coach next season but has to make staff changes. 

Edited by TeamZero77
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Yes. And there seems to be no consequences. Some of you just keep feeding on their lies. I also love JBoys strategy. After it is over and he was wrong, just say "We saved it in the last hour."

Edited by AUCE05
  • Haha 1

Everytime the Auburn pay sites get these coaching hires and AD hires wrong, they hide behind "So and so coach was coming here but the boosters wouldn't give him full control." 

They always get stuff wrong but then they hide behind the "boosters won't give control" excuse. The pay sites don't know anything more than Joe Blow sitting in the upper deck at Jordan Hare. Atleast he isn't taking your money though.

Edited by TeamZero77
  • Like 1

If I were you I wouldn’t listen to me. Just opinions and a whole lot of bitching over here. Straight crying and whining . 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

Our so called "Insiders" at Auburn who make their living covering Auburn sports seem to always get these hires wrong. Not only wrong, they don't even get close.

All we heard after Gus was fired was it's 100% Mario Cristobal. Then he signed an extension to Oregon and our Insiders blamed us not getting Mario because our boosters wouldnt give full control. Then it was for sure going to be Freeze, then Kiffin, then Napier, then Sarkisian, etc. Not a damn one had Bryan Harsin on their list.

Then during the offseason all the Insiders said he was for sure getting fired and then they started the same stuff again about us hiring Kiffin, Grimes, Freeze, etc. Well, Harsin never got fired so they again missed it.

Now the AD hire was for sure going to be the Utah State AD and he was hiring Grimes as HC because he tries to hire Grimes at Utah State. Looks like another miss for the Auburn Insiders like Marshall, Hoke, etc. I haven't seen any of them say that Cohen from Miss. St. was our guy or even in the running. They never get it right.

It goes back to 2008 when we were for sure hiring Turner Gill, then Houston Nutt and then Mike Leach. None of them mentioned Chizik. 

They're taking Auburn fans money but whiffing 90% of the time on recruiting, coaching hires, coaching terminations and AD hirings. 

As much as they give out wrong information, it wouldn't shock me if Harsin is our coach next season but has to make staff changes. 

Sweetheart, we're going to need to you to clarify. You mean the pay sites?

6 minutes ago, selias said:

Sweetheart, we're going to need to you to clarify. You mean the pay sites?

I’ll clarify for him. He doesn’t just mean the pay sites. He means everyone.

Lil Mook is the only person I trust these days! #TeamMook4life

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

No idea who Lil Mook is but, I think our folks here are usually close to the mark. Nobody is going to be right all the time when passing along 2nd hand information.

1 minute ago, selias said:

No idea who Lil Mook is but, I think our folks here are usually close to the mark. Nobody is going to be right all the time when passing along 2nd hand information.

Another insider apologist...SMH

:Sing:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, selias said:

When passing along names, hard to get close.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

As much as they give out wrong information, it wouldn't shock me if Harsin is our coach next season but has to make 

Edited by NWALA Tiger

31 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

I truly believe Philip Marshall reads and repeats what he finds on message boards when he’s not simply opining in his “articles”.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I mean, if you can’t trust Lil Mook, who can you trust??!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It does appear to me that there seems to be some serious weariness when it comes to "second hand information" I know that the ones sharing it are literally "in the middle" and it is appreciated for what is given. But it would be nice if every once in a while the information was accurate

33 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

That's why we need to pay ZERO attention to who they say the new coach will be.  Mine and your guess will be just as good as theirs 

“Insiders”

Option 1: there’s a secret committee that controls everything - gas prices, all politics, Area 51, and of course Auburn Football - yella fella heads it and and an elite group of insiders sit in the meetings. 

Option 2: AU admin is run by academic-types that are  poor at decision making (the worse possible type for decisive thinking) with diverse boosters frantically trying to influence. It’s chaos, herding cats,  and any hope of insight by anyone  is inherently pointless. 

Pick your option

Edited by auburnatl1

11 minutes ago, Taker said:

It does appear to me that there seems to be some serious weariness when it comes to "second hand information" I know that the ones sharing it are literally "in the middle" and it is appreciated for what is given. But it would be nice if every once in a while the information was accurate

I wasn't talking about this site. I'm talking about the paysites. Sorry for confusion.

The thing that bothers me is how there was this huge effort to build Harsin up after the investigation when it was obvious that things were going poorly. On3 was practically shaking Harsin pom poms. Its a disservice to tell fans things are great and Harsins killing it when that was obviously not the case.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

I truly believe Philip Marshall reads and repeats what he finds on message boards when he’s not simply opining in his “articles”.

They all do that. I've seen word for word posts taken from this forum with no credit given. That's why I don't pay any of this stuff much attention. None of it is more accurate than what I get from my family and friends....some of whom have been Auburn people for over 60 years and have their own network of longtime Auburn boosters. And no.....they don't make hiring/firing decisions or pressure the President or the AD.

Those Auburn employees who have the real, accurate information about Auburn are not giving out details when something big is in the works. Not sure why people expect it.

• Like 2

Just now, auburnatl1 said:

“Insiders”

Option 1: there’s a secret committee that controls everything - gas prices, all politics, Area 51, and of course Auburn Football - yella fella heads it and and an elite group of insiders sit in the meeting.

Option 2: AU admin is run by academic-types that are  poor at decision making (the worse possible type for decisive thinking) with diverse boosters frantically trying to influence. It’s chaos, herding cats,  and any hope of insight by anyone  is inherently pointless. 

Pick your 

The beat writers, podcast guys, AL.com, 

Hoke, Marshall and others are the ones I'm talking about. I'm not talking about this forum. We are just fans who like to talk Auburn sports here. I wouldn't come to this forum if it were like the pay sites. It seems us regular fans here know as much or more than the guys on those pay sites who make a living covering Auburn. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CR said:

The thing that bothers me is how there was this huge effort to build Harsin up after the investigation when it was obvious that things were going poorly. On3 was practically shaking Harsin pom poms. Its a disservice to tell fans things are great and Harsins killing it when that was obviously not the case.

Kinda like the 'Crutin finger 👉

Man we all got snowed

1 minute ago, Taker said:

Kinda like the 'Crutin finger 👉

Man we all got snowed

We just assumed the wrong finger. Now we know.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, CR said:

Auburn fans had a choice.....believe the players who told us Harsin was no good......look at how he handled Coach Corn.....look at how he coached the games......or believe a media outlet wanting to make money. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1