one word describes harsin

aubiefifty

4 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

listen karen you are better off keeping your mouth shut. you obviously do not have a clue to the damage he has done and you act like you want to blame it on the worldwind that is auburn? and he is a narcissist. he throws everyone but him under the bus. but bless your heart...........

"Karen" - now you attack my character and integrity? I think we know who is the narcissist. Good day sir. 

4 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

Harsin is no victim. He has caused harm to kids who played for Auburn and didn't ask for this dumpster fire. 

I made no reference to Harsin being a victim of anything; no more or less so than the kids (I mean grown college men) who have elected to play sports for Auburn - and who can transfer to another program at nearly anytime. Losing is part of sport, part of life. 

3 hours ago, Auburn Tiger said:

Behind the scenes ain’t making the boneheaded gametime calls. Players are jumping ship faster than recruits are coming in. He doesn’t recruit, and HS coaches have outed him for it. That’s a symptom of a deep coaching illness. Let’s not absolve the smoking gun here. I supported Harsin when he was hired. I supported him through the brutal collapse last season and through the Feb. mess, but the fact of the matter is he ain’t it. He’s not the future of AU, and that’s abundantly obvious. It’s also obvious that it’s more him than us. At the end of the day, he wasn’t ready for this job, and all his talk after being hired was just coach speak. His mantra of discipline, toughness, and culture change has failed to manifest on the field. In fact, the exact opposite has been the case. No character judgment there. Just pure performance evaluation. 

However, people judge character all the time, especially the character of a public figure, and we typically do so based on the person’s behavior because it tells the truth. It’s how we navigate building or avoiding relationships. His behavior in pressers suggest he’s a massive defensive douchebag who will not admit fault with himself. Player discussions of him say the same. He’s snarky with reporters for no reason and refuses to answer the hard questions about the product he fields, which he should absolutely be held accountable for but refuses to take accountability about it. I’m not saying he’s a bad human, but he’s definitely not doing himself any favors by being a dick to players and reporters, and he definitely displays narcissistic tendencies with the way he treats his players. Not all criticism is a witch hunt. In fact, the criticism he had received is fully warranted based purely on what he says versus the teams he’s fielding. 

I didn't imply he was doing a good job and deserves more time or that he is above criticism; only that personal character attacks are out of line. There is a family/relationship element to this latest Auburn saga which seems to empower us message board know-it-alls to type things anonymously which we wouldn't say directly in person. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

listen karen you are better off keeping your mouth shut. you obviously do not have a clue to the damage he has done and you act like you want to blame it on the worldwind that is auburn? and he is a narcissist. he throws everyone but him under the bus. but bless your heart...........

Did you call me "Karen" and tell me to "shut my mouth"? Who the F do you think you are? You can't even find the Shift/Caps button. 

8 hours ago, Systems said:

That's uncalled for; over the line comments about the character of someone you don't know personally. You know how Auburn's athletic program is run from behind the scenes. Harsin is just another example of someone who got caught up in the whirlwind that is Auburn and it just wasn't meant to be.

Can't imagine how daily life is for the Harsin family, living in Auburn, going to school & church; working through this lame-duck coaching period while trying to ignore the negativity and the message board comments. Whenever he is fired, and it may come soon, no one will be immediately happier and better off in the long run than Harsin & Family. I wish them well.

Auburn may or may not be happier and better off. It depends on how many narcissists remain connected to the program. 

Have you not been paying attention to what has happened this season, especially the last two weeks? This isn’t just people annoyed with the lack of success on the field that are “reaching” for character attacks. Reports came out last summer from the mouths of former players saying that Harsin gave zero s**ts about them. The season is in shambles, and a few players asked to save there eligibility for future seasons where things might go better. Harsin told them to eff off. And, on Saturday, he deliberately tried to put a player in the game in garbage time that would’ve burned his redshirt. And finally, an interview with Bo Nix was released a day or two ago where Nix, as politely as he could, said that the main reason he left Auburn was because football under Harsin was an outright miserable experience, and he’d stopped having any fun playing the sport with Harsin. He’s trash. Not just as a coach. As a human. He is a narcissist. And, unlike other narcissistic college coaches, he isn’t smart enough to realize he has to at least fake that he’s there for more than himself. The boosters did him wrong over the summer by deciding to make up stories about him. But he still truly did get a lot of criticism straight from former players as well. He straight up deserves everything he’s getting right now!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

" Narcissist".pathological in fact.  they never listen to anyone and pretty much think they are more knowledgeable than everyone else. this will not change no matter how much the team struggles. it is never about the coaches not getting it done but always on the players. the players are this and the players that. i will allow harsin might just be insane because only crazy people keep doing the same ol things for almost two years and expecting better results. trust me i know a couple of narcissists and they are never wrong and always put the blame on others. this is what harsin is doing. i and sick and damn tired of him throwing the kids under the bus when the blame lands squarely on his shoulders. say what you want a real man admits when he is wrong and makes serious measures to right the ship. all we get are "we are so close" instead of admitting you deserve more blame than anyone else. YOU are in charge.YOU are not getting it done. YOU need to make like horsh*t and hit the trail. and i am being nice believe it or not. he is destroying auburn football and there is not a damn thing i can do about it.

I totally agree that he is a narcissist and seems to have an arrogance about him. I think when fired, he will move back west and till his dying day will always look back at these 2 years in the southeast and think that we're just all dumb rednecks that never gave him an opportunity to succeed and the boosters handcuffed him because they didn't get their guy Kevin Steele hired as head coach. To be honest, deep down inside he probably believes that. That's how a narcissist views anything that they fail at. It was someone else's fault they failed. 

The thing you mentioned about he always throws his players under the bus and doesn't take blame, I think that's the offensive minded coach inside him. I've seen alot of offensive minded coaches and when the play doesn't work, they always say "It was the right play call, the kids just didn't execute it right." Lane Kiffin always says this. Spurrier always said it. I don't really hold that against Harsin because that's just a coaches way of thinking.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, AUINSY said:

Oh my gosh, I legitimately laughed at this 😂🤣…it’s a one-word caricature of his entire tenure and philosophy. That, and “just watch” — oh we’re watching, and I’ve never witnessed anything burn and crash and fail so miserably and so hard, so fast, and so poetically tragically. I’m crossing my fingers that he still does something stupid enough to be terminated for cause and either get a reduced or no buy out, and destroy his chances at a career coaching in college/pro levels. 

Instead of saying just watch, I actually think he said "Hold my beer and watch this"

14 hours ago, Systems said:

That's uncalled for; over the line comments about the character of someone you don't know personally. You know how Auburn's athletic program is run from behind the scenes. Harsin is just another example of someone who got caught up in the whirlwind that is Auburn and it just wasn't meant to be.

Can't imagine how daily life is for the Harsin family, living in Auburn, going to school & church; working through this lame-duck coaching period while trying to ignore the negativity and the message board comments. Whenever he is fired, and it may come soon, no one will be immediately happier and better off in the long run than Harsin & Family. I wish them well.

Auburn may or may not be happier and better off. It depends on how many narcissists remain connected to the program. 

do you think old yeller feller is sitting in the luxury box with his coaching for idiots book calling all of our plays?

image.jpeg

9 hours ago, Systems said:

Did you call me "Karen" and tell me to "shut my mouth"? Who the F do you think you are? You can't even find the Shift/Caps button. 

listen karen if you want to run your mouth and make a fool of yourself go right ahead. quit acting like a victim when you came at me dude. i am the guy you picked a fight with. we can do this all day if you want sugar...............or until the mods shut it down.

Alpha. That's what everybody on here told me when I questioned him last year.....now they all hate him. Go figure

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Systems said:

"Karen" - now you attack my character and integrity? I think we know who is the narcissist. Good day sir. 

no karen i am saying you are an idiot. you do not know if he is not a narcissist. if you are going to correct me in public you best have your facts together. and people say way worse than i have about harsin and yet you give them a pass. so this suggest to me it might be personal. i think you need to put me on ignore.

12 hours ago, Systems said:

I made no reference to Harsin being a victim of anything; no more or less so than the kids (I mean grown college men) who have elected to play sports for Auburn - and who can transfer to another program at nearly anytime. Losing is part of sport, part of life. 

They have transferred out. Alot of them. I could field a damn good team just from the players that's transferred out during his tenure.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

There were several on here saying the had the goods on Harsin especially related to the inquiry.  Said they couldn't talk till he was gone....... He gone so let's hear it.....

100% let's hear it. we need the scoop. 

On 10/30/2022 at 9:20 AM, aubiefifty said:

" Narcissist".pathological in fact.  they never listen to anyone and pretty much think they are more knowledgeable than everyone else. this will not change no matter how much the team struggles. it is never about the coaches not getting it done but always on the players. the players are this and the players that. i will allow harsin might just be insane because only crazy people keep doing the same ol things for almost two years and expecting better results. trust me i know a couple of narcissists and they are never wrong and always put the blame on others. this is what harsin is doing. i and sick and damn tired of him throwing the kids under the bus when the blame lands squarely on his shoulders. say what you want a real man admits when he is wrong and makes serious measures to right the ship. all we get are "we are so close" instead of admitting you deserve more blame than anyone else. YOU are in charge.YOU are not getting it done. YOU need to make like horsh*t and hit the trail. and i am being nice believe it or not. he is destroying auburn football and there is not a damn thing i can do about it.

What are you basing this on?  What facts support this claim(s)?

17 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

There were several on here saying the had the goods on Harsin especially related to the inquiry.  Said they couldn't talk till he was gone....... He gone so let's hear it.....

That would be @bigbird. But his caveat was it may not be in Auburn’s best interest. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, War to the Eagle said:

What are you basing this on?  What facts support this claim(s)?

because i have know a couple in fact. here is what the dictionary says........

1. a person who has an excessive interest in or admiration of themselves.
    "narcissists who think the world revolves around them". ok now go watch him talk after losing a game it is never his fault. ever. he acts in public one way and then shows his ass behind closed doors. and i have been told by someone i trust it was pretty bad. and no i will not give you his name as it was told in confidence. if you cannot see it i do not know what to tell you. lots of folk on the board do so if you think i am the only one you would be wrong.