We watched shoplifters steal from three Portland stores. Nobody stopped them.

Auburn85

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure what to say except something is not right in this situation where thieves can steal without confrontation from authorities. I would like to hear the police's side of this story.

• Thanks 1

i have not read other responses but i imagine no one wants to put their life on the line for a stolen good. i mean 607 mass shootings this year alone. and me being cynical  who wants to die for minimum or low wages? this is my take.

• Facepalm 1

• 3 months later...

The announcements come just a few months after the Walmart CEO warned stores could close and prices could increase in light of sky-high retail crimes affecting stores across the country.

"Theft is an issue. It’s higher than what it has historically been," Walmart CEO Doug McMillon said in December on CNBC. He added that "prices will be higher and/or stores will close" if authorities don’t crack down on prosecuting shoplifting crimes. 

https://www.foxbusiness.com/retail/walmart-shutter-portland-locations-just-months-after-ceos-warnings-crime

On 3/4/2023 at 5:52 PM, AUFAN78 said:

The announcements come just a few months after the Walmart CEO warned stores could close and prices could increase in light of sky-high retail crimes affecting stores across the country.

"Theft is an issue. It’s higher than what it has historically been," Walmart CEO Doug McMillon said in December on CNBC. He added that "prices will be higher and/or stores will close" if authorities don’t crack down on prosecuting shoplifting crimes. 

https://www.foxbusiness.com/retail/walmart-shutter-portland-locations-just-months-after-ceos-warnings-crime

To Wal Mart - Until you actually check people out at the register, you have no place to gripe about theft.

• Haha 1