Bryan Harsin Has Been Fired

Tony4AU

1 hour ago, Viper said:

What are players supposed to do when they know all season their coach is getting fired? Turn against him? 

I'm not convinced they didn't turn against him. I saw some of the worst tackling from players in O&B on Saturday morning than I've ever witnessed in my life.  Absolute trash!

I hope Carnell can get their attention this week, get everyone on the same page rally the troops in Starkville. 

2 hours ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

So, we should have kept Harsin and let him destroy the football program for the next decade?

No…..I’m saying it’s ridiculous what they got paid in part of them trashing the program

1 hour ago, Viper said:

What are players supposed to do when they know all season their coach is getting fired? Turn against him? 

I’m not putting any blame on the players…I’m saying it’s just sad that they went through all that to keep him and they go through this trash season and he ends up fired anyway. 

4 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

No…..I’m saying it’s ridiculous what they got paid in part of them trashing the program

Eh. The higher-ups could've avoided Harsin's Folly by having a more vigorous hiring process. 

Retrospectively, I think Gus should've gotten another year.

• Like 4

I haven't posted here in a couple years, mainly because I didn't feel excited about Auburn Football under Harsin. NOW I'M FINALLY EXCITED AGAIN!!!
**** that 🤡 and the potato posse he brought with him

• Like 3
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, HabitualChiller said:

Eh. The higher-ups could've avoided Harsin's Folly by having a more vigorous hiring process. 

Only reasons I was for keeping Gus was the Covid thing and his stupid big buyout. Other than that, his system was dead in the water in the SEC.

• Like 1

• WarTiger changed the title to Bryan Harsin Has Been Fired

Coach Prime, Auburn is calling.

Come home.

1 minute ago, SuperAUsome09 said:

Does this shakeup potentially allow us to try and reclaim some players hitting the portal or is that water under the bridge now?

Players who declared for the portal will have a chance to meet the new coach before officially entering the portal. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, VicTree said:

What about "with a Friend like that who needs an OL?"

Bird was saying that Friend was being hampered by the Head Potato.  Will we see a difference in how our line plays now?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, HabitualChiller said:

See you shouldn’t have included that. It erases the validity of your previous point.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

8 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

Bro I'm actually excited for football again, I can't wait till Saturday. Yay! I hope Caddy and the players can get a couple of wins.. 

Listen I don’t think that we are very good, and we probably aren’t going to win any of the remaining games except for Western Kentucky (and that is a stretch), but you’re darn right about being excited about this team and about the coach!! 
At least the team will have support now. The campus was dead on Saturday. 

Edited by gr82b4au
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, gr82b4au said:

Listen I don’t think that we are very good, and we probably aren’t going to win any of the remaining games except for Western Kentucky (and that is a stretch), but you’re darn right about being excited about this team and about the coach!! 
At least the team will have support now. The campus was dead on Saturday. 

Either way I'll definitely be watching and cheering. I bet the players were actually be playing pretty damn hard for Caddy!

Other sites are reporting we are reaching out directly to prime. I hope they are not screwing with us… 

For once, just one time I hope they are finally correct!!! please!!!

Edited by gr82b4au
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Ranger12 said:

Hearing that situation has been fixed for the most part. At least not near as bad as it was when it basically forced him to stop. Regardless, I think he is just a name being thrown around due to the info that his back is better plus he is the homegrown candidate. I assume there are several names ahead of him. 

I was mainly joking because I don't think Auburn would even talk to him after last time.  He can go back to Jax State or UAB if he's all good.

5 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Does anyone else find it funny that Cohen was 5 minutes into his new position with Auburn and saw enough from Harsin to fire him?

Nope because I’m sure that Cohen probably said “ I will accept the job as soon as you fire Harsin, because I don’t want him at Auburn”. And the president chose to fire Harsin now and not later . Again folks the payout for Harsin is less that 10% of the yearly intake of AU football. It’s not worth ruining another year to wait till December to do what you know would have to be done anyway. Good move by new president and new AD letting perspective coaches know we won’t accept average at AU. Glad Cadillac will be in charge for the remainder of the year. 👍🦅🙏😊

24 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Other sites are reporting we are reaching out directly to prime. I hope they are not screwing with us… 

For once, just one time I hope they are finally correct!!! please!!!

I think Deion would be a great choice. I’m telling you one of the reason Saban has been as good as he has is due to recruiting and Deion will give Nick a run for his money in that department because he has the style to convince kids to come, especially in the NL era. And like they say it’s all about the Jimmies and the Joes. Also Deion with AU money will bring in a star-studded coaching staff that will be impressive.With the portal and a few months till signing day, Deion will have us ready by next year to compete. Just my thoughts. I like Kiffen but I think with what he has at Ole Miss he isn’t ready to move to AU at this time. 

1 minute ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I think Deion would be a great choice. I’m telling you one of the reason Saban has been as good as he has is due to recruiting and Deion will give Nick a run for his money in that department because he has the style to convince kids to come, especially in the NL era. And like they say it’s all about the Jimmies and the Joes. Also Deion with AU money will bring in a star-studded coaching staff that will be impressive.With the portal and a few months till signing day, Deion will have us ready by next year to compete. Just my thoughts. I like Kiffen but I think with what he has at Ole Miss he isn’t ready to move to AU at this time. 

I think that Deion would be a home run But I would not want to say that he will have the team ready to compete by next year. This last coaching staff has basically put us on probation and it will take a lot of work to get us out of where we are. Basically I don’t wanna throw all of these expectations on them to be great the first year when the roster needs so much help. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Viper said:

primetime-you.gif

My goodness if there was ever a time.  It's now. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1