Bryan Harsin Has Been Fired

Tony4AU

1 hour ago, autiger88 said:

Bro I'm actually excited for football again, I can't wait till Saturday. Yay! I hope Caddy and the players can get a couple of wins.. 

Wouldn't be surprised if he wins this weekend.  Highly motivated team, especially that RB room I betcha.

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Wouldn't be surprised if he wins this weekend.  Highly motivated team, especially that RB room I betcha.

Just a hunch Tank will get more than 11 carries this go round.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, gr82b4au said:

I think that Deion would be a home run But I would not want to say that he will have the team ready to compete by next year. This last coaching staff has basically put us on probation and it will take a lot of work to get us out of where we are. Basically I don’t wanna throw all of these expectations on them to be great the first year when the roster needs so much help. 

While normally I would agree we are in a new era. With the portal and NL and 4 months for  Deion to work his magic recruiting I think we can compete . I didn’t say win a championship 🤔😊🦅

• Love 1

2 hours ago, WFE12 said:

I’m not putting any blame on the players…I’m saying it’s just sad that they went through all that to keep him and they go through this trash season and he ends up fired anyway. 

Agreed. I think the players did what they could . I think stupid coaching has cost us over the last two years. Stupid play calls, stupid  player rotation, and stupid guidance by and egotistic coach that never could over come his own stupidity. Glad he is gone for the sake of these players. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HabitualChiller said:

Eh. The higher-ups could've avoided Harsin's Folly by having a more vigorous hiring process. 

Retrospectively, I think Gus should've gotten another year.

They could have also fired him once they realized they did not want him. They knew then they did not want him, and he knew. He basically effin quit on the entire team and fanbase. The marriage should have ended in February but most certainly after getting curb stomped by Penn St.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Agreed. I think the players did what they could . I think stupid coaching has cost us over the last two years. Stupid play calls, stupid  player rotation, and stupid guidance by and egotistic coach that never could over come his own stupidity. Glad he is gone for the sake of these players. 

We don’t know who might be calling plays, yet. We do have an analyst that has been an OC at a smaller school but don’t know if he knows the offense.

Edited by Hank2020

3 hours ago, HabitualChiller said:

Eh. The higher-ups could've avoided Harsin's Folly by having a more vigorous hiring process. 

Retrospectively, I think Gus should've gotten another year.

When you say higher-ups, if you mean the donors, they did not want Harsin, Greene went rogue!

When you say higher-ups, if you mean the athletic department or the school president, the A.D. hired him, and the school president let him.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

We don’t know who might be calling plays, yet. We do have an analyst that has been an OC at a smaller school but don’t know if he knows the offense.

Will Friend called plays at CO State but I think I’d rather have Hartline.  

9 hours ago, WVR said:

Let the healing begin. I hope they choose correctly this time!!

I agree. I genuinely saddened that this had to happen. But it was never going to work.
Hate it on a non-fan level for Harsin (not anyone’s particular favorite, nor mine..still these things are unpleasant for all), his coaches, and the players. Just was not possible for situation to improve.
Especially sad for AU, the players and fans.

Time to move on. Let the healing begin.

Edited by au701948
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, PoetTiger said:

They could have also fired him once they realized they did not want him. They knew then they did not want him, and he knew. He basically effin quit on the entire team and fanbase. The marriage should have ended in February but most certainly after getting curb stomped by Penn St.

Not always the easiest thing to stomach. But I have to believe that AU waited to try and show some degree of professionalism or consideration for a future coaches point of view. Who here knows.

I don't really do social media so, y'all are letting me down. I thought the Harspuds were all over social media y'all got nothing?

Observation and reflection. Has anyone actually read and studied the press release word for word? It was short, but powerful. Particularly in what was NOT said. No mention of name. No appreciation for the effort and time spent. No best wishes to him and his family in all their future endeavors. None of the usual polite, obligatory rhetoric you normally see in these announcements. The toxic environment emanating from the head coaches' office must have been so bad, that you can feel the anger and lack of respect behind the written words of that dismissal statement. Stunning.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, sevenlee36 said:

The truth is we went to acquire the Bentley of a coach (Chris Petersen) but was sold a converted Chrysler 3 (Harsin) that was a lemon

Really? More like we went after a Chevy Chevette and ended up with a Vega.

49 minutes ago, slyinsocal said:

Observation and reflection. Has anyone actually read and studied the press release word for word? It was short, but powerful. Particularly in what was NOT said. No mention of name. No appreciation for the effort and time spent. No best wishes to him and his family in all their future endeavors. None of the usual polite, obligatory rhetoric you normally see in these announcements. The toxic environment emanating from the head coaches' office must have been so bad, that you can feel the anger and lack of respect behind the written words of that dismissal statement. Stunning.

There is everything that we know, that he did to Auburn, that is really bad. And if even half of the stuff (where pictures and videos are needed to prove he did certain things) he’s accused of at Auburn, he is guilty of, it is no wonder!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, slyinsocal said:

This sums it up perfectly for me but I do hope that Harsin will be remembered in the same way Tony Barbee is remembered. Hope his firing leads to another Bruce-like hire.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, slyinsocal said:

Yep. Makes you wonder why it took so long to do what needed to be done.

• Like 1

Great days ahead for Auburn! I truly believe he looked at Auburn and everything about it was his personal fight and enemy. He was a terrible hire by a Rouge AD who had his wings clipped afterwards. Just my opinion. 

7 hours ago, slyinsocal said:

I posted this in the nest, and the comparison is striking. 

Here is what was said when Gus was fired. “ After evaluating the state of the Auburn football program, we’ve decided that it was time to make a change in leadership,” Greene said. “We appreciate everything that Gus did for the program over the last eight seasons. We will begin a search immediately for a coach that can help the Auburn program consistently compete at the highest level.”
“Coach Malzahn led the Auburn football program with honor and integrity,” Gogue added. “We appreciate his service to Auburn athletics, Auburn University and, in particular, our student-athletes. We wish him and Kristi all the best.”

And He Who Will Not Be Named: 

image.thumb.jpeg.f18f959d87bb1a722b46bdfe10ac5d1c.jpeg

Edited by AEAugirl
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, AEAugirl said:

Will Friend called plays at CO State but I think I’d rather have Hartline.  

Seriously who would have thought Friend would still be here after all the changes that have been made since the start of the year lol?

Just now, AUBwins said:

Seriously who would have thought Friend would still be here after all the changes that have been made since the start of the year lol?

IDK but someone posted here that someone on Twitter was saying it was Bedell that was wrecking the Oline, not Friend, and that Harsin had blocked a lot of recruits Friend wanted.   Whether that is true or not I do not know but Bedell was Harsin’s Oline coach at BSU and he had some problems with his lines there too. Avalos has been dealing with the aftermath of it. 

For now, Friend is officially the OC along with Ike Hilliard so all we can do is sit back and watch.  Some have said he was pretty good at CO State, I have no idea.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

IDK but someone posted here that someone on Twitter was saying it was Bedell that was wrecking the Oline, not Friend, and that Harsin had blocked a lot of recruits Friend wanted.   Whether that is true or not I do not know but Bedell was Harsin’s Oline coach at BSU and he had some problems with his lines there too. Avalos has been dealing with the aftermath of it. 

For now, Friend is officially the OC along with Ike Hilliard so all we can do is sit back and watch.  Some have said he was pretty good at CO State, I have no idea.  

I haven’t seen where roles have been defined.