Atlantic article: Pandemic amnesty

SLAG-91

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2022/10/covid-response-forgiveness/671879/

Some of us saw some of the summer 2020 nonsense regarding closing pools, closing beaches, etc. for what it was at the time...stupid and needless. For that and anything else that even smacked of not following "The Narrative (TM)", people got absolutely pilloried.

So, F you very much, you sanctimonious twits.

No organized messaging regarding diet, getting exercise, and basically doing things for yourself that would mitigate risk and intensity, because...well, that would be specieist/fascist/racist/ableist/somethingist (choose your favorite "-ist" and go with it.)

Again, F you very much, you sanctimonious twits.

The article is much more forgiving, when basically it's a "yeah, we know we messed up...mulligan?"

Not letting folks off the hook that easily...nope.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Dislike 3

Thanks for posting this.  I liked your assessment.  It’s amazing that people still get pushback from some posters about all the virtue signaling that was done on the forum and the outright disdain for those that disagreed with said virtue signalers.

This from the start of the article:

LET’S DECLARE A PANDEMIC AMNESTY

We need to forgive one another for what we did and said when we were in the dark about COVID.

As if there was equal parts to the story and one side didn’t dominate The Narrative (TM).  There will be no forgiving, just remembering.

• Facepalm 1

This is/was the mindset of many towards those who didn't go along with pandemic mania the last two years.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

New York City health officials are warning residents that the infectious omicron subvariant XBB.1.5 may be more likely to infect people who have already been vaccinated or infected with COVID-19. 

"Omicron subvariant XBB.1.5 now accounts for 73% of all sequenced COVID-19 cases in NYC," the NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene tweeted on Friday. " XBB.1.5 is the most transmissible form of COVID-19 that we know of to date and may be more likely to infect people who have been vaccinated or already had COVID-19." 

The department added that getting vaccinated against the virus, including receiving an updated booster shot, remains the best way to protect against hospitalization and death, including from new variants.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/omicron-subvariant-xbb-1-5-possibly-more-likely-infect-vaccinated-officials-say?intcmp=tw_fnc

In related news:

CDC & FDA Identify Preliminary COVID-19 Vaccine Safety Signal for Persons Aged 65 Years and Older.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/safety/bivalent-boosters.html

And:

Indeed, no amnesty.

• Facepalm 1

Is that XBB variant the one that is being called the Kraken?

Next one needs to be called Locutus of Borg...it's definitely on the verge of assimilating us.

21 hours ago, alexava said:

Be careful. You gonna get axed for medical misinformation. It’s still happening here. 

I would worry, but I am quoting from articles from the CDC and the CDC itself.  This is no conspiracy, its fact from the CDC.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I would worry, but I am quoting from articles from the CDC and the CDC itself.  This is no conspiracy, it’s fact from the CDC.

Good luck. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/31/2022 at 12:50 PM, SLAG-91 said:

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2022/10/covid-response-forgiveness/671879/

Some of us saw some of the summer 2020 nonsense regarding closing pools, closing beaches, etc. for what it was at the time...stupid and needless. For that and anything else that even smacked of not following "The Narrative (TM)", people got absolutely pilloried.

So, F you very much, you sanctimonious twits.

No organized messaging regarding diet, getting exercise, and basically doing things for yourself that would mitigate risk and intensity, because...well, that would be specieist/fascist/racist/ableist/somethingist (choose your favorite "-ist" and go with it.)

Again, F you very much, you sanctimonious twits.

The article is much more forgiving, when basically it's a "yeah, we know we messed up...mulligan?"

Not letting folks off the hook that easily...nope.

let me say F U to you. those "twits" were trying to save lives. it is just that simple. lets hope you are a child or family memeber need help and people do not take the F you when YOU might need it. good grief. you have no shame dude.

• Like 1