Cadillac Williams Interim Head Coach

Zeek

1 minute ago, zeroforwinger said:

Caddy being named interim coach has to be almost unanimously approved by Auburn fans. What happens if he goes 4-0?

That means we can scream go crazy Cadillac and also mean we beat bammer 😁 

1 minute ago, zeroforwinger said:

Caddy being named interim coach has to be almost unanimously approved by Auburn fans. What happens if he goes 4-0?

Then it’s a great mark on his resume to stay on as an assistant for the incoming coach. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Then it’s a great mark on his resume to stay on as an assistant for the incoming coach. 

Yeah my brain says the same. My heart would be broken if he beats Bama and then has to make way for someone else. 

This is an outstanding decision by the AU administration. Let’s keep this process going in the right direction and get it right this time. So happy for Cadillac!!

• Like 1

There is a small portion of the Venn diagram for JABA and Great Move that overlaps. If Caddy wins out and AU names him HC, it would be in that overlapping portion. 

After Finebaum made fun of him for his country accent many moons ago, something I have also faced professionally, I'd love for him to kill it as HC. Is he any less ready than a lot of other assistants we might consider?

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, TigerHorn said:

There is a small portion of the Venn diagram for JABA and Great Move that overlaps. If Caddy wins out and AU names him HC, it would be in that overlapping portion. 

After Finebaum made fun of him for his country accent many moons ago, something I have also faced professionally, I'd love for him to kill it as HC. Is he any less ready than a lot of other assistants we might consider?

If he wins out you hafta hire him. I hope they give him a pay bump for doing this anyway.  It will probably help him for at least being kept on the next staff as he will be recruiting his ass off. love this guy. 

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

It is wonderful that the Auburn man gets such an honor. Would’ve been cool with either him or Zac being the 1st black HC here honestly. They both are gonna be studs for a while 

Peculiar that it wasn’t Zac to me as he was asst.HC with more coaching experience.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Peculiar that it wasn’t Zac to me as he was asst.HC with more coaching experience.

I think he was probably a better guy to run the team but Caddie has name recognition for recruiting. I think it’s a recruiting decision 100%

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WarEagle1983 said:

Our Prez has won the day and probably the week! We'll have some waiting to do but now it's up to the new AD to take it from here. Really hope he can land a big hire. I'll take Lane or Deion. Get either and AU football will be on track!

I agree. The prez showed his Auburn fortitude today and made Auburn proud again. I’m thrilled I thought I would have to wait till January to be this happy. War Dang Eagle 🦅🦅🦅🦅

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, alexava said:

I think he was probably a better guy to run the team but Caddie has name recognition for recruiting. I think it’s a recruiting decision 100%

I think your wrong. I think it was all about the guys and they like Cadillac and Cadillac has been hands down the best coach on the field for the last two years. 🤔

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I think your wrong. I think it was all about the guys and they like Cadillac and Cadillac has been hands down the best coach on the field for the last two years. 🤔

None of us know enough to say someone’s wrong about this my guy lol 

There’s pros to both 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sevenlee36 said:

Rhule and Tom Herman would be the best value with the most upside

Everything AU pays to Rhuke backs down his NFL money. Going to cost us a bunch to overcome that.

I don’t think for a minute that Caddy can solve the problems with the offense.  A great Oline cannot be pulled out of thin air.  What he can do is unite the Auburn family like it has not been united in a long time.  I expect the place will be packed and loud when A&M comes to town in a couple of weeks.  I don’t expect magic but I do expect to see the a team that is very motivated to win one for the Caddy and we couldn’t have found a better person to break the HC color barrier at Auburn.  Congratulations Cadillac!

• Love 1

This is a great move to finish this season off...kind of wish it had been done during the bye week, but I'm excited to see what we look like on Saturday and for the rest of the season.  Feels like football chemotherapy after the metastasis has been removed.  

I am excited about Auburn football again, and looking forward to this weekends game. It has been a while since I could say that. We may not win, but I guarantee you Cadillac will not quit on these players.

War Eagle!!!

1 hour ago, zeroforwinger said:

Deion keeps him on as assistant head coach. 😂