Cadillac Williams Interim Head Coach

Zeek

46 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Everything AU pays to Rhuke backs down his NFL money. Going to cost us a bunch to overcome that.

It means we actually might get a good coach without spending 59 million bucks. AU could load up on incentives and maybe not pay tons up front. If I understand the situation correctly.

1 minute ago, JuscAUse! said:

It means we actually might get a good coach without spending 59 million bucks. AU could load up on incentives and maybe not pay tons up front. If I understand the situation correctly.

Don’t matter. It also don’t matter he’s a great coach because…….. he ain’t Prime Time 😂 

5 hours ago, Zeek said:

AUBURN, Ala. — Carnell "Cadillac" Williams, who was an all-American running back at Auburn and has served as an assistant coach the previous four seasons, will serve as interim head coach for the remainder of the season. 

As a player at Auburn, Williams helped lead Auburn to an undefeated season in 2004 while earning All-America honors that year. The 2005 NFL Rookie of the Year, Williams had a seven-year NFL career before entering the coaching ranks. The Auburn graduate is in his fourth season as an assistant coach where he has served as the Tigers' running backs coach.

Amazing. So pumped for him.

Love that the guys I went to college with and watch are now leaders for Auburn.

Go Crazy, Cadillac 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, JuscAUse! said:

I agree, good for AU, just don’t see Rhule coming for nothing.

3 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

I agree, good for AU, just don’t see Rhule coming for nothing.

He's already getting paid. He can restart his career and not give up any money. Back load a ton of incentives and make even more Panthers payout + AU salary and incentives. What am I missing? 

3 minutes ago, JuscAUse! said:

He's already getting paid. He can restart his career and not give up any money. Back load a ton of incentives and make even more Panthers payout + AU salary and incentives. What am I missing? 

I don’t think it’s that simple to get around those kind of clauses. They have been in effect for a long time. 

Just now, Hank2020 said:

I don’t think it’s that simple to get around those kind of clauses. They have been in effect for a long time. 

Well. My understanding is that the Panthers have to pay him his yearly salary less whatever he is paid at his new job. If I'm Rhule , and pissed at the Panthers , I can take a minimum salary, still make bank , on a contract that will pay me a ton of money on the backside with incentives. What am I missing? Not being an a$$. I just don't understand the downside for either party.

1 minute ago, JuscAUse! said:

Well. My understanding is that the Panthers have to pay him his yearly salary less whatever he is paid at his new job. If I'm Rhule , and pissed at the Panthers , I can take a minimum salary, still make bank , on a contract that will pay me a ton of money on the backside with incentives. What am I missing? Not being an a$$. I just don't understand the downside for either party.

I just think if it was that simple they all would be doing that.

1 minute ago, Hank2020 said:

I just think if it was that simple they all would be doing that.

I'll go and recheck his contract. But I actually thought it was that simple. 

Carnell played for my old alma mater, the Etowah Blue Devils. My hometown is Attalla. I have always admired his accomplishments. I hope whoever the new coach is, that he keeps Caddy. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

5 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Be interesting to see what's left of the Potato gang. Remember  they will call both defense and offensive plays

Nope,  no Idaho potatoes offense lol

This made me smile. Did not even think about him being the first African- American head coach at Auburn. Th is was the best news about AU FB in what seems like forever. Great all around day!! WAR EAGLE AND IGTBAAT!!

• Like 1

Hear me out... 

Now that Harsin is gone the team instantly comes together and we see a massive improvement from all units in all 3 phases of the game. 

OL blocks and opens holes/gets push

RB are able to break loose and really open up the field

WR show massive upswing in route running and catch radius

QB looks settled and is able to make the throws needed down the stretch 

DL wreaks havoc on opposing OL and lives in the backfield

Secondary becomes lock down due to the DL being so dominate 

Carlson remembers how to kick. 

All of this happens because of Caddy and Zac bringing this team back together and them believing in something bigger, we storm to an impressive 7-5 record and make a bowl game (and win it) 

That's the pipe dream fellas (and ladies) 

#NOThardforharsin

#CRAZYFORCADDY

4 hours ago, Systems said:

Any word on the rest of the interim staff?

Is everyone staying in place except for Harsin?

What about the other Boise Boys such as the OC, etc?

all but 1 be gone.. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

Something just feels really good about having Caddy as the head ball coach, i really like how this is being handled right now. Well done.

I don't think the admin could have gone wrong making either Caddy or Zac the interim HC

• Like 1

It’s been a great day.  I’m so happy for Caddy.  I love how we are all united again.  I know it won’t last long as there will be debates over the new head coach in a couple of months.  But I’m going to just enjoy this.  

Long post so I apologize in advance.

We may not win anymore games this season and I am ok with that.  The trash needed to be taken out.  Caddy will be a great leader of the guys.

My son is a senior in high school.  In his four years of playing football, he’s had 6 head coaches.  Yes you read that right… 6.  They had a few coaches quit on them.  One even quit 2 weeks before fall camp.  Fortunately, each year we’ve had parents who were assistant coaches step up and fill in.  Our football program suffered and morale was low.  This year when the coach left two weeks before fall camp, my son emailed the AD of his school and asked for a specific assistant coach to be named interim head coach for the season.  He stated in his email that the coach was respected, trusted and loved by the players.  The AD listened and convinced that coach to take over.  This was the best decision my son’s high school AD ever made. This coach got the program back on track and we actually were in contention for the playoffs this year.  We came up short because our QB got hurt and lost a must win game 2 weeks ago.

My point in this long post is sometimes it’s not all about the Xs and Os.  Sometimes it’s who the players can get behind and execute those Xs and Os.  I think Coach Caddy is that Coach.  

Let’s get behind Coach Caddy and stay behind him the rest of the way no matter the outcomes.

Edited by Ber798297
  • Like 2
  • Love 1