Cadillac Williams Interim Head Coach

Zeek

Guest MustardSeed
10 hours ago, PoetTiger said:

Why Monken? 

Took over a winless Southern Miss as HC  and by year 3 had them playing for the CUSA championship before going to the pros for a few years as an OC, now is taking walk-on qbs at UGA and winning NCs…also know the SEC and how championships are won. 
He’s a risk but has potential 

50 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Let me float this out there b4 he coaches his 1st game..... Could Caddy be our Dabo Swinney???. Interesting thought

This 🤔…..I mean if some were thinking Dell..why not Caddy?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I'm sure no one was thinking Dabo b4 he coached his 1st game as interim

Someone did because they hired him. Not saying Caddy is out Dabo, but I would at least hear his vision.

16 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Someone did because they hired him. Not saying Caddy is out Dabo, but I would at least hear his vision.

I'm not sure Dabo was a candidate at the time they made him interim. I just want to get out front just in case AU blows the doors off State Sat. and then everyone says give Caddy a look.. I'm just trying to be first LOL

• Like 1

Carnell is a genuine GREAT human. I am so very happy for him to have this opportunity. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

21 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

won't lie, the thought of this gave me chills

That would be so sick. LAWD. If we can beat MSU then next Saturday is going to be bonkers. It will be hard to believe we’re under .500

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, woodford said:

That would be so sick. LAWD. If we can beat MSU then next Saturday is going to be bonkers. It will be hard to believe we’re under .500

I'm hoping so much. I have a friend coming down from NC that always wanted to go to an AU game and A&M worked out. I've been depressed all year bc it looked to be a lackluster atmosphere, but let caddy bring some juice and then a night game vs A&M. Should be fun 

My family will be in Auburn the entire weekend for the A&M game.  It’s my birthday weekend and this is the gift I asked for.  My grandson gets his picture with Aubie Claus on Friday afternoon, nice dinner Friday evening, tailgating on Saturday, and watching Caddy coach Saturday evening.  Perfect! I can be excited now. 😊

• Like 1
  • Love 2

15 hours ago, sevenlee36 said:

Rhule and Tom Herman would be the best value with the most upside

Why would this be downvoted ? That doesn’t make sense. Rhule and Herman are proven to be very good coaches in college. Is it because Herman didn’t work out at Texas? Well who the hell has?

I think Caddy will absolutely rise to the challenge!! I will be very disappointed if he is not given a good spot in the new regime. There are hopes he kills it kinda like when Kurt Warner or Tom Brady became superstars when they got their chance during chaotic and unfortunate circumstances (both starters were injured).

1 hour ago, smackydoodle said:

I feel like some of you are already setting yourselves up for disappointment for the rest of this season.

Nah we can just hope the team plays better win, lose or draw I'll be cheering again for my Auburn tigers... 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

won't lie, the thought of this gave me chills

If Jordan-Hare Cathedral had a roof, it would be blown off by that

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Farmer Brown said:

Carnell played for my old alma mater, the Etowah Blue Devils. My hometown is Attalla. I have always admired his accomplishments. I hope whoever the new coach is, that he keeps Caddy. 

Word!

19 hours ago, Taker said:

Hear me out... 

Now that Harsin is gone the team instantly comes together and we see a massive improvement from all units in all 3 phases of the game. 

OL blocks and opens holes/gets push

RB are able to break loose and really open up the field

WR show massive upswing in route running and catch radius

QB looks settled and is able to make the throws needed down the stretch 

DL wreaks havoc on opposing OL and lives in the backfield

Secondary becomes lock down due to the DL being so dominate 

Carlson remembers how to kick. 

All of this happens because of Caddy and Zac bringing this team back together and them believing in something bigger, we storm to an impressive 7-5 record and make a bowl game (and win it) 

That's the pipe dream fellas (and ladies) 

#NOThardforharsin

#CRAZYFORCADDY

Actually I have seen signs of a good team hidden here behind a bunch of crappy coaching moves and calls. Remember just like last year against Bama this team could have won that game had it not been for a couple of coaching blunders. Like not going for two on the first OT when you had an injured QB. I mean that call right there was when I knew we had to fire Harsin. He had zero guts. Then will go for 4th and 10 at our own 25 being only one TD down this year. I mean folks this is sandlot coaching at its best. 🤔🙁

Edited by Eagle Eye 7
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, CameronCrazy said:

The most Auburn thing ever would be for Cadillac to win out and we make him the new head coach.

That's not gonna happen unless he starts getting commits from some legit recruits even then I don't think that happens... 

4 hours ago, autiger88 said:

Nah we can just hope the team plays better win, lose or draw I'll be cheering again for my Auburn tigers... 

it will surprise me greatly if they play much different.