for those taking up for Harsin

aubiefifty

It was just a bad marriage from the start. Certain people at Auburn did not want him, and once he got how serious we take football down here he really did not want to be here. Just can’t roll out of bed and coach at Auburn, you got live, breathe and eat it 24/7. He did not have to do that at Boise, so his formula was not a match. Combine that with a branch of boosters who never wanted you from the jump and you have a ticking time bomb. IMO it was major fault on both sides, and Harsin got a whiff he was toast he basically quit on everyone and that’s what irked me. But it’s over and we should all be at peace with that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm still looking for these so-far-mythical "taking up for Harsin" people....do they really exist?    People with last names other than "Harsin,"   I mean....

Overreaction is the mainstay of this forum and I get that. Should a coach be criticized and questioned about their professional performance??? Yes. Did Harsin fail at his job???? Yes he did and he did it miserably on multiple levels. But I fail to see the benefits for dragging him thru the mud personally and rehashing all the same old crap that has been discussed over and over again. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, EagleEye67 said:

I'm still looking for these so-far-mythical "taking up for Harsin" people....do they really exist?    People with last names other than "Harsin,"   I mean....

i used one word to describe harsin. he has several people taking up for him but i think you already knew that.

2 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i used one word to describe harsin. he has several people taking up for him but i think you already knew that.

Making a effort to keep criticism directed at the professional performance of a individual and not making it personal (especially when I have no relationship with said individual) is difficult but seems to me to be the right thing to do. But hey… you do you right 😉 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Win4AU said:

Goodman had a personal vendetta against Harsin because he wouldn't answer the vaccination inquiry.  I don't anyone is taking up for Harsin though.  

goodman is not the only one to speak out. on one of the auburn podcasts on youtube one of the talking heads said he was called to come see harsin and was talking about what a jerk he was. by the way when this guys is pulling up to park he gets a text saying the meeting had been canceled. why? because he was fired. we will hear a bunch before this is all over. people i know and trust on this board have alluded to it but have chosen not to speak out at this time.

8 minutes ago, GreenTiger said:

Overreaction is the mainstay of this forum and I get that. Should a coach be criticized and questioned about their professional performance??? Yes. Did Harsin fail at his job???? Yes he did and he did it miserably on multiple levels. But I fail to see the benefits for dragging him thru the mud personally and rehashing all the same old crap that has been discussed over and over again.

I think some are still interested in the allegations to know if he truly was treated "despicably" at that time or not. Asking what those allegations were, and if they were likely true, is not dragging him through the mud.

Also, I think many of us fail to see the benefits of you repeating "let's move on" because you've decided so.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, GreenTiger said:

Making a effort to keep criticism directed at the professional performance of a individual and not making it personal (especially when I have no relationship with said individual) is difficult but seems to me to be the right thing to do. But hey… you do you right 😉 

when you damage my beloved auburn i have no use for you. period. i will vent my anger here because this is a sports board. that does not mean i am running all over facebook or twitter or whatever to smear him. and yes i will always be me. you are beating a dead horse dude. but there are people on here saying way worse than i have and i do not see you calling them out. see how that works?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zinzan said:

I think some are still interested in the allegations to know if he truly was treated "despicably" at that time or not. Asking what those allegations were, and if they were likely true, is not dragging him through the mud.

Also, I think many of us fail to see the benefits of you repeating "let's move on" because you've decided so.

Well what did the investigation determine in regards to the allegations? 

hell he got into with lac ON the SIDELINES and there was a brief clip showing it. one person on here even admitted when hars got upset he pretty much took it out on everyone. not just coaches but staff behind the scenes. i refuse to mention his name because i do not have permission but maybe he will come pop in and confirm it. some of you out there should know what i am talking about.

40 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

It was just a bad marriage from the start. Certain people at Auburn did not want him, and once he got how serious we take football down here he really did not want to be here. Just can’t roll out of bed and coach at Auburn, you got live, breathe and eat it 24/7. He did not have to do that at Boise, so his formula was not a match. Combine that with a branch of boosters who never wanted you from the jump and you have a ticking time bomb. IMO it was major fault on both sides, and Harsin got a whiff he was toast he basically quit on everyone and that’s what irked me. But it’s over and we should all be at peace with that.

Thanks! A very reasonable view point. Hopefully the leadership has learned some things that will lead to success in the future 

• Like 2

Bryan Harsin Was About To Meet With A Reporter He Was Upset With When He Got Fired

by Larry Leo
November 1, 202217 Comments

I don't know who lucked out here, the reporter or the fired Bryan Harsin...
if you go to the podcast he goes deeper for the record. he basically said hars was an ass. and harsin  should have been more worried about the team than what was posted during a really crappy coaching job. i mean this guy thought he could get it done without NIL money. OR recruiting. the man failed on several levels. when ALL the facts are staring you in the face and you ignore them because you think your way is better then yes you are a narcissist. now you look at all the kids hitting the portal because of mistreatment and stupidity and you are worried more about the coaches feelings than those kids you have your priorities wrong.

38 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

goodman is not the only one to speak out. on one of the auburn podcasts on youtube one of the talking heads said he was called to come see harsin and was talking about what a jerk he was. by the way when this guys is pulling up to park he gets a text saying the meeting had been canceled. why? because he was fired. we will hear a bunch before this is all over. people i know and trust on this board have alluded to it but have chosen not to speak out at this time.

That was JHoke and what he said is not exactly what you have been saying, you have been twisting his words.  

1 minute ago, AEAugirl said:

That was JHoke and what he said is not exactly what you have been saying, you have been twisting his words.  

did you see his short video? i beg to differ.

47 minutes ago, Zinzan said:

If they were true he would be fired for cause. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

If they were true he would be fired for cause. 

Not having enough air tight proof to fire for cause doesn't necessarily mean the allegations weren't true or partially true. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Not having enough air tight proof to fire for cause doesn't necessarily mean the allegations weren't true or partially true. 

If it was partially true he would be fired for cause . These were serious allegations , come on man. All of this is dramatized and exaggerated. CBH is a dick. He wasn’t easy to work with. Some of this other stuff trumped up by people is for dramatization sake.  People were saying he hired a mistress here at Auburn. Do you really think if that was true , he wouldn’t have gotten fired for cause ?

that is what got petrino. Not him cheating .

Edited by DAG

57 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

when you damage my beloved auburn i have no use for you. period. i will vent my anger here because this is a sports board. that does not mean i am running all over facebook or twitter or whatever to smear him. and yes i will always be me. you are beating a dead horse dude. but there are people on here saying way worse than i have and i do not see you calling them out. see how that works?

I’m sorry and I’m not trying to target you specifically with my pushback on the torch and pitchforking. I believe that many fans just didn’t like him personally and looked for things to attack. Specifically his family. And this just doesn’t set well with me. 

Bad hire? Bad fit? Bad at his job? Yes. A bad person????? I just don’t see the evidence for that. There are rumors of it. Like the affair rumors but I’ve not seen solid evidence that this guy is the monster some want to create him into being. I could be wrong and maybe factual information will show me that I’m wrong but I just don’t see it at this point. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Win4AU said:

Goodman had a personal vendetta against Harsin because he wouldn't answer the vaccination inquiry.  I don't anyone is taking up for Harsin though.  

EXACTLY! I was about to ask...who is taking up for him. Yesterday was the best highlight of our football season! 

I disagree with Goodman on his stance about vaccination and I think he's gotten a bad rap for it. But I think his criticisms of Harsin have been fairly spot on and it's not as if he's been anti-Auburn. He was extremely complementary of Bruce Pearl and the Basketball team this past season.

Must there always be a “villain”? I’m just glad it’s over. Best Halloween ever. 

1 hour ago, GreenTiger said:

I agree with you once everything has been brought to light. This is all sort of breaking news. 

Gus and several others from way back still get "dragged through the mud" on a continuing basis even when they become relatively ancient history. It's probably too much to expect people to let go on this forum. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GreenTiger said:

Should we be allowed to talk about this subject? Yes! Should we all just "move on" when random poster says to less than 24 hours of a coach firing? No! Should we all keep asking and answering our own question in forum posts? Absolutely!

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, DAG said:

If it was partially true he would be fired for cause . These were serious allegations , come on man. All of this is dramatized and exaggerated. CBH is a dick. He wasn’t easy to work with. Some of this other stuff trumped up by people is for dramatization sake.  People were saying he hired a mistress here at Auburn. Do you really think if that was true , he wouldn’t have gotten fired for cause ?

that is what got petrino. Not him cheating .

Agreed. My unnecessary drama comment is in the same vein. Weird stuff was being fabricated in hopes to drag the guy and his family down.