for those taking up for Harsin

aubiefifty

5 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

I agree with you once everything has been brought to light. This is all sort of breaking news. 

Gus and several others from way back still get "dragged through the mud" on a continuing basis even when they become relatively ancient history. It's probably too much to expect people to let go on this forum. 

That’s fair. Once Harsin gets his buyout do you think he will drag Auburn down in a ESPN interview? 

5 minutes ago, GreenTiger said:

That’s fair. Once Harsin gets his buyout do you think he will drag Auburn down in a ESPN interview? 

I don't have any idea.....because we still don't know if he did some things out of pettiness or if it was just total ineptitude. I would hope he takes the classy approach like Gus did. Auburn hired him in good faith but he was running the football program into the ground at such a rapid pace that something had to be done ASAP. He doesn't seem to accept blame or take responsibility for anything so he may not be kind to Auburn. I'm not too worried about it though.....it was obvious that he was failing, so there was no choice for Auburn if the program was going to survive. No one else would've kept him as a coach either. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, GreenTiger said:

That depends entirely on how petty he truly is, as it would be a bad decision for him to do so.  He would be negatively impacting his own career, and risking a lawsuit that might result in things being disclosed, that he would prefer not be.  It would be in his best interests to take his buyout, and quietly move on to his next job.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GreenTiger said:

Doubt he could drag Auburn down any further than he has. Misery index tops even the Barfield years. We talk those years almost daily so be assured the Harsin experience will be well entrenched.

Difference being he was an ass coming in that obviously had all the answers and no abilities or desire to listen. Aforementioned or either he did not give a damn.

https://www.si.com/college/auburn/football/by-the-numbers-bryan-harsin-is-one-of-the-worst-coaches-in-auburn-football-history

Auburn's last three straight opponents have scored at least 40 points against them. That's the first time that's ever happened in program history.

• Like 1

This is why the man got fired. Unacceptable. He didn’t do his job, and he definitely did not represent AU well to recruits. End of story. There’s no defense for this, and he shouldn’t get a buyout based solely on his recruiting. 

Edited by Auburn Tiger
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

I agree with this.  It doesn’t make us look good as a fan base to publicly down him.  But, there were some things that happened that I want to know more about. I feel like there’s more to this story.  I wish him well, but I’m glad he’s gone.  

More to the story is more negative!!

5 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

you do you and i will do me. at the end of the day when people on this board come at me for calling the man a narcissist i have every right to take up for myself.

My name is Karen. 

4 hours ago, DAG said:

If it was partially true he would be fired for cause . These were serious allegations, come on man.

Some of us aren't even sure what the allegation(s) were. I heard something about not understanding southern and/or black culture, but don't know if there were specific allegations.

4 hours ago, DAG said:

People were saying he hired a mistress here at Auburn. Do you really think if that was true, he wouldn’t have gotten fired for cause ?

I don't know, man, depends on what's provable, I guess. Was that the only serious allegation that warranted further investigation?

Edited by Zinzan
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Zinzan said:

Some of us aren't even sure what the allegation(s) were. I heard something about not understanding southern and/or black culture, but don't know if there were specific allegations.

I don't know, man, depends on what's provable, I guess. Was that the only serious allegation that warranted further investigation?

That’s the thing. It sounded more like a lot of unfounded baseless rumors 

7 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

Auburn beat reporter goodman had this to say. it is short and sweet so pay attention.

Harsin displayed a disgusting lack of respect for Auburn, the people of Alabama and the responsibility for a position of power during a crisis. Harsin failed to lead Auburn in all things, and so it was no surprise that Auburn did not show even the respect for Harsin’s name in its brief note announcing his removal. It did mention the word leadership, though.

this is the last time i address  calling harsin a narcissist. the man is lucky i did not say worse. the truth will just about always come out.

Goodman is still making this political. He’s insufferable.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Viper said:

It would shock your brain there’s still a few stragglers around, right @WFE12 ?

Cmon Viper get it together now. Again my post was about how sad the situation is for the players that they came back to deal with this nonsense and the coach they caped for is gone. He needed to go obviously. I gave up on him a long time ago. I don’t feel bad for him.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Auburn Tiger said:

This is why the man got fired. Unacceptable. He didn’t do his job, and he definitely did not represent AU well to recruits. End of story. There’s no defense for this, and he shouldn’t get a buyout based solely on his recruiting. 

I'm only 14 minutes into the video and I'm appalled at just how bad it is. Not showing up to a game on time, not showing up to a recruits practice after you told them you would. A recruit on an official visit couldn't find Harsin on a Sunday and no one knew where he was. Someone in the live chat said that someone close to Bobo said that Bobo knew they were in trouble when the staff had to basically drag Harsin into recruiting meetings.

• Thanks 3

22 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

I'm only 14 minutes into the video and I'm appalled at just how bad it is. Not showing up to a game on time, not showing up to a recruits practice after you told them you would. A recruit on an official visit couldn't find Harsin on a Sunday and no one knew where he was. Someone in the live chat said that someone close to Bobo said that Bobo knew they were in trouble when the staff had to basically drag Harsin into recruiting meetings.

Right? I had no idea it was that bad. I mean, good grief, how did that not provide cause enough to fire without buyout? The man literally was not doing his job.

Edited by Auburn Tiger
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Y'all are letting idiots like Goodman and Justin Lee rile y'all up like political news outlets. Starting to think Harsin stole their wives or something. They're dramatizing for clicks because "Harsin is a horrible person who sabotaged" is a lot juicier for them than "Harsin's a good guy that was in over his head". 

Seen some players call the online, behind the screen bs out. We're all guilty of it, but it doesn't make it right. From the outside looking in he's handled himself well. Apparently delivered a nice final message to the team and released a nice statement today.

He deserves all the football criticism in the world, but I've just never seen the evidence of some monster, psychopath of a person, at least yet. Not saying it's not true, but the evidence so far is weak at best

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, JBiGGiE said:

He was extremely complementary of Bruce Pearl and the Basketball team this past season.

Is that because Bruce got the jab(s)?

J/K  :big:

It's been said on here before, but any employer has a responsibility to investigate complaints about an employee. Especially one with as much power as Harsin.

Seems to me the allegations boiled down to Harsin's inability to treat people properly, whether it was coaches who were not from Boise, southern players, black players, whatever. Does anyone still doubt there was truth to this?

There were also allegations about an affair with staff, but I still don't know if that was even a subject of the investigation or an internet creation. And if you think Harsin not being fired is proof those allegations were demonstrably false, you are being gullible. There's also no reason to believe they were true, so that's probably best to leave alone at this point. 

Auburn supporters have every right to be curious about the investigation. If for no other reason, the story is still being used to blame Auburn University as a whole for Harsin's clear failures. 

There's always value in reevaluating a bad situation and learning from mistakes. The impetus isn't on the fans as much as the administration to do so, but we do have some impact. We had a mod on this board trying to get people to attend a pro-Harsin rally during the investigation. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, cbo said:

It's been said on here before, but any employer has a responsibility to investigate complaints about an employee. Especially one with as much power as Harsin.

Totally correct. Especially with a public institution.  The issue I had with it was simply the how.  It looked clumsy and contrived. Too public, too crisis mode, leaks everywhere, Harsin was even out of country, and with the proximity to the losing streak it was bound to spring up conspiracy thinking in the media.

AU was probably right and, to your point, obligated. But the execution imo was a who’s in charge optics train wreck.

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, auburnatl1 said:

Totally correct. Especially with a public institution.  The issue I with it was the simply  how.   It looked clumsy and contrived. Too public, too crisis mode, leaks everywhere, Harsin was even out of country, and with the proximity to the losing streak it was bound to spring up conspiracy thinking in the media.

AU was probably right and, to your point, obligated. But the execution imo was a who’s in charge optics train wreck.

Very good point. Does not seem that the investigation was conducted properly. I actually do some of these types of investigations in my job, and the #1 rule is that you keep it as quiet as possible. Out of respect for the accused AND because it's hard to conduct effective interviews when everyone involved knows what to expect and has time to prepare. 

I'm mostly pushing back against the notion that it was a witch hunt, Harsin clearly wasn't guilty of anything or he would have been fired, etc. None of which was said by you. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, cbo said:

Auburn supporters have every right to be curious about the investigation. If for no other reason, the story is still being used to blame Auburn University as a whole for Harsin's clear failures. 

This right here for f sake. This isn't Gus saddly and narrowly being let go because the lowering ceiling of the program he was vested in. There's too much trash about this guy, and too much pivotal stuff: bad Harsen or Evil Auburn. Fts. I want the trash aired out

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Swamp Eagle said:

The last thing I'm worried about is who is or is not defending Harsin. 

It's time to move on and not dwell on the past.

Man, it's been one day. This stuff is important. Or at least it should be important to the people who post on an AU football board. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Totally correct. Especially with a public institution.  The issue I had with it was simply the how.  It looked clumsy and contrived. Too public, too crisis mode, leaks everywhere, Harsin was even out of country, and with the proximity to the losing streak it was bound to spring up conspiracy thinking in the media.

Jay Gogue handled that as poorly as a leader could. Just absolutely incompetent and awful

38 minutes ago, cbo said:

Very good point. Does not seem that the investigation was conducted properly. I actually do some of these types of investigations in my job, I'm mostly pushing back against the notion that it was a witch hunt, Harsin clearly wasn't guilty of anything or he would have been fired, etc. None of which was said by you. 

IMO AU has got to 1) get the admin decision making stream lined/leaner and disciplined (shut the hell up), and boosters put into a specific advisory group swim lane 2) who’s ever in charge of media relations is really poor at it and the function needs to be “revisited”  3) start friggin pro acting, plan longer term, and get out of perpetual MacGyver mode.

Otherwise this coaching search will become another spectator sport.

Ps I want prime. but there’s a subtle risk.  If we somehow mishandle his interview process and then go with someone junior or “questionable” - he’s the media’s darling. I can’t even imagine

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 1

Curious as to how much is allowed to be divulged in an open records request.  🤔 I imagine that since it is personnel related, a public institution doesn’t have to hand over specific records, like the hotel receipts that were talked about or emails/texts between coaches, etc.  Anyone know about that? @cbo

• Like 1