Zeek's Case for Lane Kiffin

Zeek

Once again he's my number 2 so I'm not dissing, but what has he done to make him be in a genius category? And what has he turned ole miss into?

On 11/2/2022 at 10:10 AM, Zeek said:

I’ll take 8-1 from someone that is “bad and lazy”

I agree with your assessment on this topic Zeek. Good info. Excellent research. Good insight as always. I would take exception to only one thing. I believe Dart is much better than mediocre. He was a high 4* out of high school and entered the portal I believe only because Caleb Williams and his coach were coming in. Can't blame him for that. CLK may not be the best recruiter. but he has an eye for talent on the offensive side. He is doing about as well as he or anyone can at Ole Miss. Kiffen is a much better coach now than when he was at UT. I think he will do well wherever he goes. I think Prime will too eventually. Will take him a little longer IMO.

How many think Saban is just going to completely leave Bama when he stops coaching??? Saban will most likely have direct input into his chosen predecessor. I don’t see him recommending Lane. 

Edited by GreenTiger

19 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

from what i have read and it was last year that dabo has a bama clause in case they want him when saban retires. i would be super shocked if dabo is not the guy to replace saban. and you are right about kiff and bama. people forget they left him at least once at a stadium tho i do not remember why. people can change their minds of course but i agree kiff is not going to bama.

If Dabo leaves Clemson for Bama, he would owe an additional $3m on his buyout, raising it to $9M.  Not exactly a massive sum when you are talking about a man that is making $11.5M a year to replace one making $11.7.  Dan Lanning’s buyout is more than that.  

Its a very, very, very slight deterrent if even that.  More like a feel good clause to give Clemson slight warm fuzzies. 

28 minutes ago, GreenTiger said:

How many think Saban is just going to completely leave Bama when he stops coaching??? Saban will most likely have direct input into his chosen predecessor. I don’t see him recommending Lane. 

They will more than likely give Saban a emeritus title somewhere in the AD which will allow him input into the program and involvement as much as he desires.

I’m not sure Lane wants to be in that position.  

• Like 2

Total speculation but I’m just not sure Deion wants the increased demand and pressure of a big time HC position. His current employment seems more about a deeper cause than winning championships and making money.  

I would be excited if he came to Auburn but I think it’s a long shot 

Edited by GreenTiger

3 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

They will more than likely give Saban a emeritus title somewhere in the AD which will allow him input into the program and involvement as much as he desires.

I’m not sure Lane wants to be in that position.  

Agreed. I think the Saban/Kiffin bridge is beyond repair. I’d guess Kiffin is also smart enough to avoid trying to fill those shoes. 
Further, the recruiting advantage that Bama is use to controlling is slipping away and with Lane’s recent comments around NIL and buying players he seems he fully understands that. 

As much as Bama fans hate to think about it, I think Saban is grooming Bill O’Brien to step into his shoes when he leaves. 

Its the only thing that I can rationalize for why Saban has not replaced him because his play calling is terrible, and Bryce Young has made him look a lot better than he is. 

When a coach like Saban calls it quits, the next guy’s job is even harder because he will live in that shadow, and will never be Saban.  Elevating a coach like BoB will keep continuity on the staff and still allow Saban to have any input he wants into the program. 

1 hour ago, AEAugirl said:

If Dabo leaves Clemson for Bama, he would owe an additional $3m on his buyout, raising it to $9M.  Not exactly a massive sum when you are talking about a man that is making $11.5M a year to replace one making $11.7.  Dan Lanning’s buyout is more than that.  

Its a very, very, very slight deterrent if even that.  More like a feel good clause to give Clemson slight warm fuzzies. 

from my understanding he had the clause put in so if bama calls he can gowth little hassle. why would he have a bama clause in his contract if he still had the same buyout,etc?

21 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

If anyone would be likely to leave after a few years here, I'd say you've got a much stronger argument for Prime to leave for Mama at FSU than some tenuous tie Kiffin might have to Bama.

I say you go for the coach you think can get the job done, and if turning around recruiting fast is a primary factor, that's Lane or Prime.  You hire one of them.  Leave worrying about that other s*** to losers and worrywarts.

I see the exact opposite.

I see the P5 program Prime ends up at as the place he retires at.

I see Kiffin not content until he's at an established recruiting hotbed.

Prime seems honored to be considered for P5.

Kiffin seems entitled.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AEAugirl said:

Been saying since his first title that Dabo is nearly a slam dunk to Alabama.

32 minutes ago, Viper said:

I see the exact opposite.

I see the P5 program Prime ends up at as the place he retires at.

I see Kiffin not content until he's at an established recruiting hotbed.

Prime seems honored to be considered for P5.

Kiffin seems entitled.

Ok.

2 hours ago, GreenTiger said:

Agreed. I think the Saban/Kiffin bridge is beyond repair. I’d guess Kiffin is also smart enough to avoid trying to fill those shoes. 
Further, the recruiting advantage that Bama is use to controlling is slipping away and with Lane’s recent comments around NIL and buying players he seems he fully understands that. 

???? Where's it slipping?image.thumb.png.5f2f40e6dc9410ce7e08be34465d0a67.png

2 hours ago, AEAugirl said:

As much as Bama fans hate to think about it, I think Saban is grooming Bill O’Brien to step into his shoes when he leaves. 

Its the only thing that I can rationalize for why Saban has not replaced him because his play calling is terrible, and Bryce Young has made him look a lot better than he is. 

When a coach like Saban calls it quits, the next guy’s job is even harder because he will live in that shadow, and will never be Saban.  Elevating a coach like BoB will keep continuity on the staff and still allow Saban to have any input he wants into the program. 

Fans would revolt like we did with Kevin Steele.  They HATE BoB, and its justified hatred because he sucks.