Leaked Documents Outline DHS’s Plans to Police Disinformation

Auburnfan91

54 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

The left used to be smart enough to realize that a government agency arbitrating what was and what was not the "truth" was a bad idea because sooner or later your political enemies would be in control of it.  What happened?

Arbitrating?  :rolleyes:

Truth can frequently be determined with basic research and presenting the actual facts.  Especially so when considering obvious or outrageous distortions of the facts.

This is where the right has taken us.  Thanks to their willingness to believe BS, all facts are now up for debate.

As far as one's political enemies controlling it, facts cannot be "controlled" by definition.  Actual facts will always and eventually trump bogus facts.

The problem is, one party is impervious to facts.  That doesn't mean the other party should try to emulate them.

• Like 1

Just now, homersapien said:

Arbitrating?  :rolleyes:

Truth can frequently be determined with basic research and presenting the actual facts.  Especially so when considering obvious or outrageous distortions of the facts.

This is where the right has taken us.  Thanks to their willingness to believe BS, all facts are now up for debate.

As far as one's political enemies controlling it, facts cannot be "controlled" by definition.  Actual facts will always and eventually trump bogus facts.

The problem is, one party is impervious to facts.  That doesn't mean the other party should try to emulate them.

Hunter Biden's laptop says hi...

9 hours ago, Cardin Drake said:

Hunter Biden's laptop says hi...

Actually - if anything - that would only confirms what I said.

First, the facts:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2022/10/06/hunter-biden-tax-gun-charges/

https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/06/politics/hunter-biden-investigation-federal-prosecutors-weighing-charges

"(Federal Agents) believe is sufficient evidence to charge him with tax crimes and a false statement related to a gun purchase.

So, that's:  1) tax crimes and 2) a gun purchase.

Now, let's look into some of the "pre-fact" conspiracies regarding Hunter:

Child abuse https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/inside-campaign-pizzagate-hunter-biden-n1244331

Child trafficking https://www.factcheck.org/2020/10/social-media-posts-dredge-up-baseless-child-trafficking-conspiracy-theory/

Working in Ukraine on behalf of the Obama Administration https://www.factcheck.org/2020/10/trump-revives-false-narrative-on-biden-and-ukraine/

Receiving payments from Burisma up until Russia's invasion in 2/22  https://www.factcheck.org/2022/03/hunter-biden-left-ukrainian-company-in-2019-contrary-to-ted-nugent-post/

Hunter received "millions of dollars" from China as a pay-off in 2013 https://www.factcheck.org/2019/10/trumps-claims-about-hunter-biden-in-china/

Hunter received $1.5 billion from China for a private equity firm (op. cit.)

Biden pressured Ukraine to fire prosecutor "who was after his son Hunter" https://www.factcheck.org/2019/05/factchecking-trumps-fox-news-interview/

I am not taking a partisan perspective.  I hope all the facts on Hunter come out. The sooner the better. 

Same goes for the Trump kids. (And there's plenty of conspiracy fodder concerning them.  The Republicans are just so much better when it comes to propagating fact-free conspiracies.)

I have no empathy for either Hunter or Joe on any matter concerning Hunter.  In fact, I hope the DJA does indict Hunter.  It will at least establish a standard for looking into the Trump kids.

Edited by homersapien
  • Thanks 1

SMH, talk about missing the point.  Arguing FOR government control of speech is just unfathomable to me.  You guys will have your ass handed to you tomorrow, and I know you will be wondering why, try reading Andrew Sullivan. He's a hard lefty but he hasn't gone insane. He does a pretty good job summing it up.

But that’s precisely why we need to send the Dems a message this week, before it really is too late.

By “we,” I mean anyone not committed to the hard-left agenda Biden has relentlessly pursued since taking office. In my view, he and his media mouthpieces have tragically enabled the far right over the past two years far more than they’ve hurt them. I hoped in 2020 that after a clear but modest win, with simultaneous gains for the GOP in the House and a fluke tie in the Senate, Biden would grasp a chance to capture the sane middle, isolating the far right. After the horror of January 6, the opportunity beckoned ever more directly.

And yet Biden instantly threw it away. In return for centrists’ and moderates’ support, Biden effectively told us to get lost. He championed the entire far-left agenda: the biggest expansion in government since LBJ; a massive stimulus that, in a period of supply constraints, fueled durable inflation; a second welfare stimulus was also planned — which would have made inflation even worse; record rates of mass migration, and no end in sight; a policy of almost no legal restrictions on abortion (with public funding as well!); the replacement of biological sex with postmodern “genders”; the imposition of critical race theory in high schools and critical queer theory in kindergarten; an attack on welfare reform; “equity” hiring across the federal government; plans to regulate media “disinformation”; fast-track sex-changes for minors; next-to-no due process in college sex-harassment proceedings; and on and on it went. Even the policy most popular with the center — the infrastructure bill — was instantly conditioned on an attempt to massively expand the welfare state. What on earth in this agenda was there for anyone in the center?

More here: https://andrewsullivan.substack.com/p/will-biden-and-the-dems-finally-get-7a7

Edited by Cardin Drake
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

why? because i can see through your bullsh*t? try harder scooter.

After you take your drugs, and they start working, get back with me and reality.

• Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

After you take your drugs, and they start working, get back with me and reality.

tell ya what.........go hold your breath until i do and see what happens..............

6 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

hate speech and getting people hurt or killed is not freedom of speech. if you are arrested and you tell that cop you are going to kill him you think he is going to apologize? hell no he is tacking on more charges. see how easy that is scooter?

You are mixing two different things. Hate speech is protected speech.

Death threats or threats to inflict harm are not.

• Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, Auburnfan91 said:

You are mixing two different things. Hate speech is protected speech.

Death threats or threats to inflict harm are not.

come on man...........people have been charged with inciting riots. go ahead and explain that one away while i go eat some supper.

2 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

come on man...........people have been charged with inciting riots. go ahead and explain that one away while i go eat some supper.

Incitement is an exception to hate speech.

If you're saying something like 'burn this mf down' then yeah, that's incitement.

• Facepalm 1

• 4 weeks later...

Thread on how and why Twitter blocked the NY Post's Hunter Biden laptop story.

Includes internal documents from sources at Twitter.

• Facepalm 1

14 hours ago, Auburnfan91 said:

Meanwhile, ex-pres dipshit is literally calling for the suspension of the Constitution. 

This is la la land. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Auburnfan91 said:

Corruption in politics. Absolutely shocking. :laugh:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AUDub said:

Mike Masnick? :laugh:

I think it's clear that a lot of people here are not only wearing tinfoil, they're actively eating it. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 4

15 hours ago, AUDub said:

I think it's clear that a lot of people here are not only wearing tinfoil, they're actively eating it. 

Did you say something similar about the *Russian Collusion* story?  Some how Dems are reluctant to wait for the rest of the story.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, AUDub said:

I think it more clear the pain this Twitter takeover has done to those wanting platform dominance vs information sharing and thoughtful discourse. But with some of these batsh** crazy progressives I don't know what else we should have expected? 

Edited by AUFAN78
  • Haha 1

Let's get this impeachment going already.

Just one thing though.  When the laptop was picked up by Gulliani, when the NYP published the stories,,, wasn't Trump in charge of DHS?

Why would Trump's DHS attempt to block the release?  There is a lot that doesn't add up here.  Can anyone put this together?

Everybody and their brother has the files.  If there was anything to this, wouldn't it be out?

• Facepalm 1