Signs point to Lane passing

bigbird

I'm not keeping up with any of this too closely but my money is on us failing spectacularly and ending up with Clay Helton or similar.

• Like 4
  • Facepalm 1
  • Sad 1

lord if it is mullen i will lose my mind. i assume the new AD knows better but never say never in this world. i am betting it is grimes now.

10 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

I'm not keeping up with any of this too closely but my money is on us failing spectacularly and ending up with Clay Helton or similar.

STOP IT …. NOOOOO

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JDUBB4AU said:

STOP IT …. NOOOOO

I couldn't decide to go with Helton or Charles Kelly.  Either way, I expect a very disappointing hire.

Edited by dyehardfanAU

2 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

I couldn't decide to go with Helton or Charles Kelly.  Either way, I expect a very disappointing hire.

I know me too. I’m trying to stay positive 

• Like 1

Well, I didn't want Lane, but it was obvious from the get go that his existing contract was a deal breaker. I'm glad the board can now move on.  Matt Ruhle or Primetime or bust.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 3

8 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

lord if it is mullen i will lose my mind. i assume the new AD knows better but never say never in this world. i am betting it is grimes now.

Agree. Mullen is not HC material in the SEC. He was decent at MSU, but the minute he took the higher profile job at his former stop, he was a complete disaster.  Hard to blame Kiffin when he’s already making 7 plus million and with 10 wins this year will basically be on the level of Jon Vaught, whom they named the damn stadium after. He is much safer where he is. And while we are on the subject, Deion is a pipe dream. He’s too smart to take this train wreck of a job. He will spend a couple of more years at Jackson and then cash in to a program worthy of his time. I don’t see Auburn making any kind of a splashy hire that is going to really worry or scare the 13 SEC programs over us right now. It is what it is. Jump on my comments, but until I see a decent hire, it will be hard to argue the point. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Could we wait to actually jump off the ledge till someone is actually announced? And if you've been around awhile, it's Bird , and it's a pun , and that means ..........R-E-L-A-X........

We'll know soon enough.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I don't understand this thread.  Can somebody please dumb it down for me?  The subject line says "signs point to lane passing", and then the OP has nothing but an image of a road sign saying "passing lane ahead".  I get the references.  But, with no text to accompany the original post, is this supposed to be taken very seriously -- that Lane isn't interested?  Or is this supposed to be taken in a joking manner?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, miscram6 said:

I don't understand this thread.  Can somebody please dumb it down for me?  The subject line says "signs point to lane passing", and then the OP has nothing but an image of a road sign saying "passing lane ahead".  I get the references.  But, with no text to accompany the original post, is this supposed to be taken very seriously -- that Lane isn't interested?  Or is this supposed to be taken in a joking manner?

It’s a joke, akin to many of Bird’s threads meant to lighten the mood during times of uncertainty. 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

Well, I didn't want Lane, but it was obvious from the get go that his existing contract was a deal breaker. I'm glad the board can now move on.  Matt Ruhle or Primetime or bust.

You realize Bird was trolling, right? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1