My closing case for Deion

auburnatl1

8 hours ago, AUfan3333 said:

Man, I completely agree with you. Deion is the only coach even being talked about that can do what we need at Auburn. And it blows my mind that he’s not even being considered by administration.

Have you bothered to check into his background? According to his own book (How Power, Money and Sex Almost Ruined My Life) Sanders has been involved in many illegal, immoral and unethical activities.  That's a pretty good clue as to why the AU administration isn't interested. Is he a changed man now? That's possible.

I will point out that at JSU all Sanders has to do is recruit a handful of P5 type players and turn them loose against inferior competition. When he's faced with recruiting a 25 man class in competition against the Big Boys, how will he react? If the loses three games in his first four, how will he react? Will he revert to some form of cheating when his back is against the wall? Nobody knows and that includes Sanders himself.

Auburn doesn't need a splash hire. Some fans want a splash hire but that's not what AU needs. AU needs a qualified coach who will build the program with a steady and strong hand and at the same time stay out of major controversy. Who that may be I'll leave to the people whose job it is to know such things but clearly, Sanders doesn't fit that description.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Have you bothered to check into his background? According to his own book (How Power, Money and Sex Almost Ruined My Life) Sanders has been involved in many illegal, immoral and unethical activities.  That's a pretty good clue as to why the AU administration isn't interested. Is he a changed man now? That's possible.

I will point out that at JSU all Sanders has to do is recruit a handful of P5 type players and turn them loose against inferior competition. When he's faced with recruiting a 25 man class in competition against the Big Boys, how will he react? If the loses three games in his first four, how will he react? Will he revert to some form of cheating when his back is against the wall? Nobody knows and that includes Sanders himself.

Auburn doesn't need a splash hire. Some fans want a splash hire but that's not what AU needs. AU needs a qualified coach who will build the program with a steady and strong hand and at the same time stay out of major controversy. Who that may be I'll leave to the people whose job it is to know such things but clearly, Sanders doesn't fit that description.

Mikey, yes I have read all your posts and know you are adamant about not wanting Deion. I respect your opinion because my dad is also dead set in his ways. But we will have to respectfully agree to disagree.

Yes I have Deions book, I have his CD (lol), I have his Dallas jersey, and I have a signed helmet. I know a lot about him. Every coach we talk about has things in their past, most have things not brought to the light yet. But yes I am all for believing he has changed. 

As far as him only recruiting a handful of players at Jackson St. Again this is true, but that’s all he has do do to win. If at Auburn he will be able to recruit as much as he needs with the resources and name of Auburn. We are comparing two different things in what JSU needs and what Auburn needs. Fact is he can get it done.

I agree with you that we need a coach that will build a championship program, but I also think it needs to be one that is a splash hire as well. This Auburn program needs something special now and not have to wait 3-5 years for results. Auburn has been through enough. But yes, I too will leave it up to the admin and do solidly think Deion fits what we need.

• Like 2

I figured out way AU isn’t going after Prime….it’s written into the Aflac contract he can’t coach in the same state as Saban, it would ruin the shtick of the commercials. 

2 hours ago, hikerdns said:

I figured out way AU isn’t going after Prime….it’s written into the Aflac contract he can’t coach in the same state as Saban, it would ruin the shtick of the commercials. 

Either that or our admin have the IQ’s of chipmunks. I promise it’s one of the two.

• Like 1

On 11/25/2022 at 8:45 AM, Mikey said:

I'll ask this question tho, if they aren't interested in prime bc of that, why are they interested in freeze?

I am at a loss, how do people think Deion Sanders, one of the greatest high school athletes to ever suit up, one of the greatest football players in college ever, The number one pick in the NFL draft. Arguably the best cornerback   ever in the history of the game and a National college, and NFL Hall of Famer. Doesn’t understand football or what it takes to win? This man has played for some of the greatest coaches ever and do you think he’s not learned anything along the way?  Do you honestly think he is intimidated by “SEC”standards or their coaches?

He’s has taken a program that 90% of you have NEVER heard of and brought it to national prominence. Hell, ESPN college game day showed up on their campus because of him. Can you even imagine the exposure and press that Auburn would get if he had our resources?

Don’t kid yourself on the new coaching hire, NOBODY is a slam dunk. The SEC rinses and recycles coaches all the time,  but you can’t tell me that Deion Sanders wouldn’t have Auburn in the National Spotlight immediately!  

Today’s game is about winning, exposure, recruiting, and re-recruiting your own athletes. With everything that’s wrapped up in what’s going on in college athletics today you need someone who can manage that exposure and is comfortable with it.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

I'll ask this question tho, if they aren't interested in prime bc of that, why are they interested in freeze?

Probably because Freeze has put some years between now and his indiscretions at Ole Miss. Also, while I have no problem with Freeze I'm not sure he's even on Cohen's short list. Maybe so, maybe not.

2 hours ago, AUTrack said:

I am at a loss, how do people think Deion Sanders, one of the greatest high school athletes to ever suit up, one of the greatest football players in college ever, The number one pick in the NFL draft. Arguably the best cornerback   ever in the history of the game and a National college, and NFL Hall of Famer. Doesn’t understand football or what it takes to win? This man has played for some of the greatest coaches ever and do you think he’s not learned anything along the way?  Do you honestly think he is intimidated by “SEC”standards or their coaches?

He’s has taken a program that 90% of you have NEVER heard of and brought it to national prominence. Hell, ESPN college game day showed up on their campus because of him. Can you even imagine the exposure and press that Auburn would get if he had our resources?

Don’t kid yourself on the new coaching hire, NOBODY is a slam dunk. The SEC rinses and recycles coaches all the time,  but you can’t tell me that Deion Sanders wouldn’t have Auburn in the National Spotlight immediately!  

Today’s game is about winning, exposure, recruiting, and re-recruiting your own athletes. With everything that’s wrapped up in what’s going on in college athletics today you need someone who can manage that exposure and is comfortable with it.  

He will compete for national titles somewhere. We will regret not hiring him when we had the chance.

As far as the “illegal activities”, virtually all of us have done something that could’ve easily landed us in prison, and the other candidates out there definitely have their blemishes. Let’s not be self-righteous or act like he’s anymore tainted than Freeze or Kiffin.

7 minutes ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

I hope we seriously take a look at Prime.

Freeze isn’t going to be the guy

If we get prime or dabo - it’s program transformational, if we get a top rising coordinator - it’s a hopeful yawner, if we get freeze - it’s a radioactive disaster 

Edited by auburnatl1

7 minutes ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

I hope we seriously take a look at Prime.

What up brother. I am down for prime but they don't have a lot of time. Need to get an offer out pronto

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, auburnatl1 said:

If we get prime or dabo - it’s program transformational, if we get a top rising coordinator - it’s a hopeful yawner, if we get freeze - it’s a radioactive disaster 

My guess is rising coordinator 

1 minute ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

Yep Colorado is drafting papers ...

I don't think Prime will go to Colorado. We can get him here. People talking about Luke Fickell. I don't really want him. 

• Like 1

Just now, DAG said:

I don't think Prime will go to Colorado. We can get him here. People talking about Luke Fickell. I don't really want him. 

The Prime Prep stuff may be an issue, unfortunately.

That said, GIMME PRIME!

Just now, AUwent said:

The Prime Prep stuff may be an issue, unfortunately.

That said, GIMME PRIME!

No candidate is perfect. The fanbase needs to understand that. Get Prime, but please get rid of the freaking air raid. I hate that offense.

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

My guess is Cohen is scrambling for a plan C right now. I hope it’s Prime

I haven’t even thought about Fickell..

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

The next 24 hours is crunch time. I think we still have time to go big and have a compelling case for either dabo or ds. It’s not fair, but I believe this is his moment that will define him.

Edited by auburnatl1

Just now, Bro Johnny Mac said:

My guess is Cohen is scrambling for a plan C right now. I hope it’s Prime

I haven’t even thought about Fickell..

They shouldn't be scrambling that is the problem. But yeah get Deion. Talk to Grimes. Stop wasting time with Dabo and JF.  I just do not want that air raid here.

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

They shouldn't be scrambling that is the problem. But yeah get Deion. Talk to Grimes. Stop wasting time with Dabo and JF.  I just do not want that air raid here.

I think Prime will be flexible on the offense. He’s doing what works at JS, I hope he’d do the same thing here 

Just now, Bro Johnny Mac said:

I think Prime will be flexible on the offense. He’s doing what works at JS, I hope he’d do the same thing here 

I know he would. He is a really smart dude. He actually knows football beyond what people think. The good thing is Auburn has time to make this right. 

• Like 2