My closing case for Deion

auburnatl1

11 minutes ago, DAG said:

2019 class - #5

2020 class- #6

2021 class - #9

2022 class - #1

Four classes: Why are they 3-7 with losses to the like of App state? If it starts with recruiting, as you said.

Tennessee recruiting class after two years with CJH:

#22, #23

How are they winning against Bama, LSU, etc. Those teams have better recruiting classes then them

Heck how did LSU end up 6-7 last year with the insane recruiting classes the accumulated? 

You said you like DS, Well how is he winning. He just stockpiling talent and telling them go out there and win? Why is that not working for others?

Okay, you win.

The injuries and suspensions are not relevant.  Recruiting doesn't matter.

It's all in the "philosophy".

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, DAG said:

Saban has always wanted to run the ball regardless if he was in the power I or the spread. He has never deterred from that. The only difference is he adapted his scheme to fit what works in college football now a days.

likewise , DS specifically wanted a philosophy where he can score points fast and quick. Thats exactly why he sought out Mike Leach and Mike Leach recommended three guys, which Deion Sanders chose from. 

So Deion Sanders does in fact has a specific philosophy that he wants his offense to adhere to. The problem I see with a lot of Sanders fans is they have no clue. Two of them specifically couldn’t tell you what offense he runs. All they care about is the fact that he may be able to recruit .

It is way more to coaching than just that. 

I agree. I'm saying when I think about it there are quite a few that I could say I don't know their philosophy really. Just looking at stats I would say that Sanders cares about establishing a running game as well. 

But once again I definitely see what you are saying but in my opinion people much worse than the ones you just described are the guys who have all the negative stuff and don't know a thing about him. The guys who say he wouldn't be able to recruit here, or can't build a staff, or literally question his coaching like it's a guy sitting in their mother's basement off the street coaching.   Oh and the of course Sanders is all about Sanders guys who literally just say that when Sanders has an established history of mentoring and helping guys for years whereas the other candidates may just be looking for the next guy so they can use him to help their record......but they are treated like they are class......

But that's just me. I feel your points also

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, cole256 said:

I agree. I'm saying when I think about it there are quite a few that I could say I don't know their philosophy really. Just looking at stats I would say that Sanders cares about establishing a running game as well. 

But once again I definitely see what you are saying but in my opinion people much worse than the ones you just described are the guys who have all the negative stuff and don't know a thing about him. The guys who say he wouldn't be able to recruit here, or can't build a staff, or literally question his coaching like it's a guy sitting in their mother's basement off the street coaching.   Oh and the of course Sanders is all about Sanders guys who literally just say that when Sanders has an established history of mentoring and helping guys for years whereas the other candidates may just be looking for the next guy so they can use him to help their record......but they are treated like they are class......

But that's just me. I feel your points also

I agree. There are a lot of people who do not take anything in consideration. There is a whole lot of assumption to go around. You are a student of the game, so I know you understand where I am coming from. I am not dissing Deion. In fact, I like Deion and I want people to RESPECT his craft. There are way too many people who see Deion as a Puppet to just get recruits. They don't care to do the research to see how much intricacies he possesses in every decision he makes. There is a reason he invites pro players and hall of famers to the locker rooms. It is not just to put on a show. He is very detail oriented in all things shaped around the JSU football squad and even Jackson, Mississippi. But people don't see that. They cannot even speak to it. And quite frankly, I believe it pisses him off. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

I agree. There are a lot of people who do not take anything in consideration. There is a whole lot of assumption to go around. You are a student of the game, so I know you understand where I am coming from. I am not dissing Deion. In fact, I like Deion and I want people to RESPECT his craft. There are way too many people who see Deion as a Puppet to just get recruits. They don't care to do the research to see how much intricacies he possesses in every decision he makes. There is a reason he invites pro players and hall of famers to the locker rooms. It is not just to put on a show. He is very detail oriented in all things shaped around the JSU football squad and even Jackson, Mississippi. But people don't see that. They cannot even speak to it. And quite frankly, I believe it pisses him off. 

I agree whole heartedly. It's like for whatever reason he doesn't deserve respect. And if any fan base should know it should be us as far as how impressive it is how he's not only improved the team which is awesome, but how he's instilled discipline and self confidence in his players. Just like all the other stuff is highly securitized, he should get credit for all the intangible stuff he's doing as well imo. 

But yes whether it's love or hate, or if it's a little of both people should at least research instead of just assuming but you know how it goes on here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Saban has always wanted to run the ball regardless if he was in the power I or the spread. He has never deterred from that. The only difference is he adapted his scheme to fit what works in college football now a days.

likewise , DS specifically wanted a philosophy where he can score points fast and quick. Thats exactly why he sought out Mike Leach and Mike Leach recommended three guys, which Deion Sanders chose from. 

So Deion Sanders does in fact has a specific philosophy that he wants his offense to adhere to. The problem I see with a lot of Sanders fans is they have no clue. Two of them specifically couldn’t tell you what offense he runs. All they care about is the fact that he may be able to recruit .

It is way more to coaching than just that. 

He is another one that don't want any questions asked about Deion. So he spews out sarcastic crap trying to be funny. Trying to ask Deions philosophy shouldn't offend any of his "cultists," as you call them. But to some it does

Edited by NWALA Tiger

🤡🤡

So much passive aggression. I LOVE talking football. You're just the type that gets so hurt if someone doesn't agree with you. 

Coincidentally the best posters on here, the guys who also enjoy talking football, I don't have a problem with any of them. But these are people when someone says I disagree dialogue continues and we don't have to insult each other. 

But yeah sure I get upset when someone ask a question.....I'm sure you have plenty of examples of that 

All I asked was what was Deions philosophy.  That was it. Not negative or positive.  There was nothing for u to agree or disagree on. I simply hadn't researched him that closely to see what he runs Then u come back with what philosophy does Saban and Dabo run etc... You turned it passive aggressive , not me

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Facepalm 1

14 hours ago, Mikey said:

I must be in a minority who saw the new AD interviewed in part of the game broadcast last night. He said he had 58 data points that a coach had to satisfy before he'd be considered. I wonder how many of the 58 Sanders satisfies?

When I heard 58 I dropped my beer.  I’ve seen or been a part of building many weighted decision models (the math version of a check list). Some pretty darn complex and comprehensive. I’ve never seen anything over 20 considerations in my life. Cohen’s list might be studied in business schools for decades!!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

When I heard 58 I dropped my beer.  I’ve seen or been a part of building many weighted decision models (the math version of a check list). Some pretty darn complex and comprehensive. I’ve never seen anything over 20 considerations in my life. Cohen’s list might be studied in business schools for decades!!

I guess you guys missed the 58 letters on Leach’s playsheet.

Had an anxiety moment. I just saw urban’s and Hugh’s names twice in 3 minutes and I had to run back to this thread for a min to get some sanity and peace and quiet :)

17 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

All I asked was what was Deions philosophy.  That was it. Not negative or positive.  There was nothing for u to agree or disagree on. I simply hadn't researched him that closely to see what he runs Then u come back with what philosophy does Saban and Dabo run etc... You turned it passive aggressive , not me

Oh now you are editing lol. Wow. But no I was responding to dag. I had nothing to say to you. As far as you I didn't even see your point. Ok you didn't know, why not go research and find out instead of making 4 posts about how you didn't know. I'm sure nobody cares

The cupboard is very bear if we are looking to sign 40-45 players for the new season.  Give Deon a three year deal heavy on incentives and if he does not work out at least we should have a better situation.

20 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Oh now you are editing lol. Wow. But no I was responding to dag. I had nothing to say to you. As far as you I didn't even see your point. Ok you didn't know, why not go research and find out instead of making 4 posts about how you didn't know. I'm sure nobody cares

Well, I just thought maybe someone with your intelligence could enlighten me. You don't seem to have a problem doing that on here LOL

Edited by NWALA Tiger

3 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Well, I just thought maybe someone with your intelligence could enlighten me. You don't seem to have a problem doing that on here LOL

Lol another not funny passive aggressive post! Who would've guessed! I'm sure in a few minutes when I'm not talking to you you will make a post about me joking or whatever. 

Like I said it's easy to see the difference. Keep it up, however you deal with hurt. You sure have a bunch to say to a guy who doesn't speak to you or on you though....almost like the problem never was about anything other than you don't like when someone disagrees with you and you will go out of your way to make that known.....Like a child. 😂😂😂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

Lol another not funny passive aggressive post! Who would've guessed! I'm sure in a few minutes when I'm not talking to you you will make a post about me joking or whatever. 

Like I said it's easy to see the difference. Keep it up, however you deal with hurt. You sure have a bunch to say to a guy who doesn't speak to you or on you though....almost like the problem never was about anything other than you don't like when someone disagrees with you and you will go out of your way to make that known.....Like a child. 😂😂😂

For somebody who don't want to talk to me, u sure do quote me alot. Kinda ironic LOL

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

For somebody who don't want to talk to me, u sure do quote me alot. Kinda ironic LOL

I knew you would go to that lol. So what does it mean you've been talking for a month passive aggressive? I was sure quoting you would bother you. I just took the time out to address you back since you've been talking to me so often. I knew it was for this though. I'll be ignoring you again. This is just a marker to be seen.

You can go back to your b.s.like you did yesterday. 

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I knew you would go to that lol. So what does it mean you've been talking for a month passive aggressive? I was sure quoting you would bother you. I just took the time out to address you back since you've been talking to me so often. I knew it was for this though. I'll be ignoring you again. This is just a marker to be seen.

You can go back to your b.s.like you did yesterday. 

And there's another one. 

Edited by NWALA Tiger

1 minute ago, NWALA Tiger said:

And there's another one.

18 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

He is another one that don't want any questions asked about Deion. So he spews out sarcastic crap trying to be funny. Trying to ask Deions philosophy shouldn't offend any of his "cultists," as you call them. But to some it does

18 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Dag won't help you with me lol. 🤡🤡🤡🤡

Ok guys. Simmer down now. Back on topic please. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You wouldn't even think you'd have to deal with that level of child like behavior. I'm going to quirp and talk at you for a month or two and then when it's addressed lie about it and say you are quoting me. 

What grown man does that?