My closing case for Deion

auburnatl1

Sorry. Both good men. Neither is qualified at this point to be HC at Auburn. JMHO 

• Like 3
  • Dislike 1

6 hours ago, WarTim said:

Sorry. Both good men. Neither is qualified at this point to be HC at Auburn. JMHO 

Whenever I see caddy and prime compared I just cringe.  If the point is insufficient experience, I sort of get it. But it requires a real stretch. . In reality, besides they’re both mammals, they’re’s no comparison.  And for obvious reasons, probably shouldn’t be.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Whenever I see caddy and prime compared I just cringe.  If the point is insufficient experience, I sort of get it. But it requires a real stretch. . In reality, besides they’re both mammals, they’re’s no comparison.  And for obvious reasons, probably shouldn’t be.

Caddy to me is the case study for why we should go get Prime.

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

18 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

If you're comparing their resume's, Caddy's is better. If you're looking for glitz and pie in the sky unproven notions that name recognition will magically bring recruits that UAT, UGA and LSU want, then Sanders is your guy. I don't think either one is ready or even qualified to be the HC at a P5 school, let alone in the SEC.

• Like 2

Lol the guys that don't like Sanders stay in here. As opposed if there was a constant guy hating Lane or grimes over and over they are going to be challenged immediately

22 minutes ago, Mikey said:

If you're comparing their resume's, Caddy's is better. If you're looking for glitz and pie in the sky unproven notions that name recognition will magically bring recruits that UAT, UGA and LSU want, then Sanders is your guy. I don't think either one is ready or even qualified to be the HC at a P5 school, let alone in the SEC.

Ah, prime has the  “glitz” tag. I’m not sure what he’s been doing at jax st would be considered glitzy. Other than they’re competing now for natty’s. But not in the P5.

Its becoming a pointless debate. Let’s hope that if we do pass on him that I don’t turn out to be right. Because in my clueless world, we’re about to spend twice as much for twice as long for less ceiling.

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

The fact that it has been reported, that a half of a dozen five stars said, they would flip If Sanders is hired, is a big selling point. Think what he can do in a short period of time. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

But your guy who’s placekicker whopped K State with a 3-spot is most qualified to be a HC for the very first time in his career in the SEC.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, auburnatl1 said:

Because in my clueless world, we’re about to spend twice as much for twice as long for less ceiling

That is because you aren't thinking big enough [ Yellow font ]

No seriously though, I am always impressed in the rationale we make for our own specific candidates and I am including myself in this. 

19 minutes ago, DAG said:

That is because you aren't thinking big enough [ Yellow font ]

No seriously though, I am always impressed in the rationale we make for our own specific candidates and I am including myself in this. 

We all love being right and way down deep each of us thinks we’re the smart ones and see things others don’t. I tend to be pure analytical, but in sanders case I’m really hoping I got somehow swayed by the “glitz” stuff.  Being right won’t make anyone feel a whole lot better … for 10 years.

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Ah, prime has the  “glitz” tag. I’m not sure what he’s been doing at jax st would be considered glitzy. Other than they’re competing now for natty’s. But not in the P5.

I recall some guy named Newton won a natty in 2009. He should have stayed in the NJCAA. Wasn’t ready for the P5.

Prime would have been my first choice, but I think it’s a mistake to criticize Auburn for not hiring him when no one knows whether there was ever mutual interest, or interest from Sanders. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Barnacle said:

Prime would have been my first choice, but I think it’s a mistake to criticize Auburn for not hiring him when no one knows whether there was ever mutual interest, or interest from Sanders. 

My limited sources say that there was interest from Sanders, at least enough to talk. Zero interest from Auburn. Take that info for what it cost you.

12 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Its becoming a pointless debate. Let’s hope that if we do pass on him that I don’t turn out to be right. Because in my clueless world, we’re about to spend twice as much for twice as long for less ceiling.

Investing in pie in the sky schemes usually results in the investment being lost. Sanders has zero qualifications for the job. He's a pie in the sky scheme whose supposed success at Auburn is based on nothing but wishes and dreams.

11 hours ago, Viper said:

But your guy who’s placekicker whopped K State with a 3-spot is most qualified to be a HC for the very first time in his career in the SEC.

His team had a bad game. His resume is much better than Sanders/Caddy and his history of success has him prepared for a top level position.

10 hours ago, Viper said:

I recall some guy named Newton won a natty in 2009. He should have stayed in the NJCAA. Wasn’t ready for the P5.

You're comparing a player with a coaching prospect? Epic fail.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Investing in pie in the sky schemes usually results in the investment being lost. Sanders has zero qualifications for the job. He's a pie in the sky scheme whose supposed success at Auburn is based on nothing but wishes and dreams.

Pie in the sky. We’ll see.

3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Ok, as long as Auburn isn't where we watch it happen.

I promise I get the glitz, snake oil, and he’s p5 unproven points.  Waters wet.  And given our culture, I have no doubt we’ll pass on him .  But if prime ever does decide to go to the big time, or worse, the sec - you might begin to see the less obvious points. And why I think we’ll regret it.

• Like 1

On Sanders coaching at Auburn:

"I don’t think that Auburn is a good football job. Guz Malzahn was doing as good as anybody has done there since maybe Pat Dye, and he beat Nick Saban, and yet what did he have to show for it? I kick in the butt on the way out.  … I just don’t see that as a place that would really let Deion Sanders be Deion Sanders, which is what you would be hiring. If you want to keep the controls at Auburn, that’s not your man. … “I think it’s nice to be mentioned, but I would turn that job down."

https://amp.foxsports.com/stories/college-football/where-will-deion-sanders-end-up-coaching-in-2023

Gus haters going to love this one. Deion said he would turn the job down if AU offered, because of how poorly we treated Gus! Freaking hilarious!

Edited by AU-24
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

"I don’t think that Auburn is a good football job. Guz Malzahn was doing as good as anybody has done there since maybe Pat Dye, and he beat Nick Saban, and yet what did he have to show for it? I kick in the butt on the way out.  … I just don’t see that as a place that would really let Deion Sanders be Deion Sanders, which is what you would be hiring. If you want to keep the controls at Auburn, that’s not your man. … I think it’s nice to be mentioned, but I would turn that job down."

https://amp.foxsports.com/stories/college-football/where-will-deion-sanders-end-up-coaching-in-2023

Gus haters going to love this one. Deion said he would turn the job down if AU offered, because of how poorly we treated Gus! Freaking hilarious!

Please re read that article carefully. (The grammar of it is terrible) Deion didn’t say that. Some guy named RJ Young said it as if he’s speaking for Deion. 

Edited by Gowebb11
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Please re read that article carefully. (The grammar of it is terrible) Deion didn’t say that. Some guy named RJ Young said it as if he’s speaking for Deion. 

Actually no, Deion said it, RJ Young reported it. Check the quotes!

“I think it’s nice to be mentioned, but I would turn that job down."

Edited by AU-24
  • Facepalm 1

13 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Actually no, Deion said it, RJ Young reported it. Check the quotes!

“I think it’s nice to be mentioned, but I would turn that job down."

Read the freaking article it's not Deion it's the other guy......you guyscan't even read simple articles but are these super successful business men that demand the best of the best.....Yeah right

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, AU-24 said:

"I don’t think that Auburn is a good football job. Guz Malzahn was doing as good as anybody has done there since maybe Pat Dye, and he beat Nick Saban, and yet what did he have to show for it? I kick in the butt on the way out.  … I just don’t see that as a place that would really let Deion Sanders be Deion Sanders, which is what you would be hiring. If you want to keep the controls at Auburn, that’s not your man. … “I think it’s nice to be mentioned, but I would turn that job down."

LOL Deion didn't say that the podcast guy did

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

Read the freaking article it's not Deion it's the other guy......you guyscan't even read simple articles but are these super successful business men that demand the best of the best.....Yeah right

Deion said it. On a sidenote: how is Jeremy Johnson and Allen Greene doing? Maybe you could give us an update?

Edited by AU-24
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1