My closing case for Deion

auburnatl1

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

Read the freaking article it's not Deion it's the other guy......you guyscan't even read simple articles but are these super successful business men that demand the best of the best.....Yeah right

He’s the worst.

• Like 2

Just now, Barnacle said:

He’s the worst.

I legit try to ignore him/her but then they will say the dumbest stuff and be so arrogant about it and it will make you reply sometimes.......so freaking dense

Just now, cole256 said:

I legit try to ignore him/her but then they will say the dumbest stuff and be so arrogant about it and it will make you reply sometimes.......so freaking dense

Yep. Tougher for you since they are constantly trying to provoke you. It’s pathetic. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

His team had a bad game. His resume is much better than Sanders/Caddy and his history of success has him prepared for a top level position.

He’s NEVER been a HC. Ever. 

40 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

He was quoting Deion. 

No he wasn't.  Your lack of comprehension is disturbing.

Can't wait for your quadruple down.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Viper said:

He’s NEVER been a HC. Ever. 

Neither had Kirby before he went to UGA. That seems to have turned out quite well for the DullDawgs.

Now, pay attention: Nearly every major college head coach had some point in his career when he had "never been a head coach ever". Going from major college coordinator to major college head coach is the normal method of advancement. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AU-24 said:

He was quoting Deion. 

There is a video in the article of RJ Young saying it. Go to the 2:20 mark of the video. It was not a quote from Sanders.  

Edited by nurbis

@cole256 

Assuming for a second that this ever happened, Deion Sanders with the TAMU money machine behind him would be like creating your own dream team on NCAA Football. 

Personally, I think Charles is blowing smoke in hopes of getting Auburn to take a harder look at Deion. JMO.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

Neither had Kirby before he went to UGA. That seems to have turned out quite well for the DullDawgs.

Now, pay attention: Nearly every major college head coach had some point in his career when he had "never been a head coach ever". Going from major college coordinator to major college head coach is the normal method of advancement. 

28 years and counting for Grimes.

27 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

@cole256 

Assuming for a second that this ever happened, Deion Sanders with the TAMU money machine behind him would be like creating your own dream team on NCAA Football. 

Personally, I think Charles is blowing smoke in hopes of getting Auburn to take a harder look at Deion. JMO.

We will sit back and just look dumb imo. People love to use jimbo as an example to say you need more than recruiting....which is true but they are picking this one example out of many others that show the success of having a bunch of talent. He'll lock down the talent in Texas similar to how Kirby did us with the state of Georgia.

We will have a little better success in recruiting but nothing drastic and people on here will be scratching their heads as to why is that so? 

Also one of the guys everybody is really wanting had a very good team and under achieved himself. Lastly people are just assuming Sanders can't coach for whatever reason.

Somebody will take a chance to be great and have their program viewed as one of the top places a young man from the hood can come to and thrive and many people will get behind that program, and the program itself will be taken seriously and there won't be too many people bad mouthing as far as recruiting goes. And this fan base will hate him for his success moving forward. Threads will be locked and people will be threatened with bans on here. 

That's what I think will happen but hopefully I'll be wrong

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, cole256 said:

We will sit back and just look dumb imo. People love to use jimbo as an example to say you need more than recruiting....which is true but they are picking this one example out of many others that show the success of having a bunch of talent. He'll lock down the talent in Texas similar to how Kirby did us with the state of Georgia.

We will have a little better success in recruiting but nothing drastic and people on here will be scratching their heads as to why is that so? 

Also one of the guys everybody is really wanting had a very good team and under achieved himself. Lastly people are just assuming Sanders can't coach for whatever reason.

Somebody will take a chance to be great and have their program viewed as one of the top places a young man from the hood can come to and thrive and many people will get behind that program, and the program itself will be taken seriously and there won't be too many people bad mouthing as far as recruiting goes. And this fan base will hate him for his success moving forward. Threads will be locked and people will be threatened with bans on here. 

I hope you are wrong too. The thought of Deion at a rival school is terrifying to me. 

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

I hope you are wrong too. The thought of Deion at a rival school is terrifying to me. 

It absolutely should. Plus he might see all this like we dissed him by not treating him as a serious candidate.

Fantastic. 

30 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

It would just be one more super coach destroying us. Dabo put a hurting to our recruiting, Nick took the state, Kirby took Georgia.....and the hubris of it all like a Shakespearean tragedy is as far Kirby and Sanders is wasn't good enough for us here at Auburn

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Viper said:

28 years and counting for Grimes.

Which is 28 more years than Sanders has coaching major college football. Thus, Grimes over Sanders= no brainer.

34 minutes ago, AUY2K said:

It’s time to hire Deion!

His qualifications aren't as good as Caddy's. If we're going with someone who lacks qualifications, let's at least go with the Auburn guy.

• Facepalm 1

16 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Which is 28 more years than Sanders has coaching major college football. Thus, Grimes over Sanders= no brainer.

28 years and can’t / no one wants Grimes to HC even a D3 school. 

9 hours ago, cole256 said:

Some people just can't grasp how unique Deion is. He's different than what we've seen before in HC's. The Caddy comparison gets so old. They have very little in common. 

Of course he doesn't have much coaching experience, so there is a risk. But there's a risk with every candidate. 

If you're best argument is misreading an article, you got problems. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Viper said:

28 years and can’t / no one wants Grimes to HC even a D3 school. 

Maybe he doesn't want a lower classification school. He's a solid HC prospect. Experienced and he's familiar with Auburn. Maybe AU hires Grimes, maybe not. He's a better bet than many who have been speculated about.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

Very true!

Right, one's an Auburn man, whatever. 

I love Caddy. But he has nowhere near the star power and recruiting prowess of Deion. 

Both are inexperienced for this type of job. But Deion has run a program for several years. Cadillac was only a position coach until a couple weeks ago. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

I promise I get the glitz, snake oil, and he’s p5 unproven points.  Waters wet.  And given our culture, I have no doubt we’ll pass on him .  But if prime ever does decide to go to the big time, or worse, the sec - you might begin to see the less obvious points. And why I think we’ll regret it.

I'm sure if Deion succeeds in a P5 job, the entire world will hear about it straight from his own mouth. The guy can't go 2 minutes without talking about himself. He was a great football player, very average baseball player and the most arrogant athlete to ever live that's not named Muhammad Ali. 

All we ever hear about Deion is that he can recruit. If that's the case, I would just keep Cadillac over hiring Deion. Cadillac has coached above an FCS level atleast. Cadillac can also recruit well. He is limited in coaching experience but so is Deion. Cadillac atleast knows Auburn and loves Auburn and he wouldn't make it all about himself like Deion seems to do. 

I also want my head coach to look somewhat professional and not wear more jewelry than Mr. T and not coach in sunglasses while playing inside a dome. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, cbo said:

Right, one's an Auburn man, whatever. 

I love Caddy. But he has nowhere near the star power and recruiting prowess of Deion. 

Both are inexperienced for this type of job. But Deion has run a program for several years. Cadillac was only a position coach until a couple weeks ago. 

Two & 3/4 years. At a school well below the level of Troy. There is zero evidence that being able to bring a few good prospects to JSU while selling the guys on helping build up HBCU schools will translate into competing for multiple prospects against other P5 programs.

Could Sanders be a great hire if the fan's pipe dreams were to come true? Sure. He could also be a total bust if he gets to a major program and is suddenly the little dog that caught the car and doesn't know what to do next.