My closing case for Deion

auburnatl1

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

No need to read any farther. Assumed intangibles is 99% of what Sanders has to offer. In other words, pie in the sky. Pipe dreams. Wishing on a star. There's no solid, tangible reason to hire him.

I disagree with you.  I have watched his message to his team, his care for his players, his work ethic, his approach to winning, also the talent of coaching that he got to go to an HBCU was remarkable.  He has charisma that attacs people around his orbit.  He gets free press wherever he goes.  GMA visited their campus and it was positive marketing.  I don't like the air raid style but if you have a stout D, it could work.  I prefer more of a RPO and run offense with a stout D.  He continues to instill good messages to his players.  I know you don't think he could handle it in the SEC but I believe he would do a tremendous job in the SEC.

• Recruiting:  Who would not allow Deion into their school?  What young men wouldn't want to be recruited by him?
  • Coaching:  He can get good coaches to come and coach for him.  If there is good turnover, then that is a positive.
  • Competition:  Loves it
  • Players: Gravitate to him.  Those that like Prime and want to play in the SEC? No brainer as Prime has contacts still in the league.  He got scouts to JSU to check out some of his guys.  When was the last time that happened?  How many HBCUs got scouts on campus last year?  So with all of this there will be players interested in wherever he goes.

He may flame out but while he is at a school I think he will do very well.  Many folks thought Venables was a home run...is he? Jimbo...Can't miss...well maybe not so much...

I really like Prime's upside more than Freshwater's as I have seen him and rinse and repeat.  He DOESN'T RECRUIT HS THAT WELL! He is a portal guy but there isn't that great of talent always in the portal and all talent needs development...

RANT OFF

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cole256 said:

I look forward to watching the impact this decision had and watching what comes to pass

I believe this one is going to be another Zeke Pike/Llamar Jackson outcome. 

Well obviously I have made no secret that I want Deion and I think he could already be in place working on recruiting. But It appears that will not happen. 
I only want the best for AU. I hope our new coach is very successful so we don’t have to hear the inevitable “I told you so posts” on this site. 

3 hours ago, AU_Tiger_88 said:

I really like Prime's upside more than Freshwater's as I have seen him and rinse and repeat.

Kiffin isn't my top choice but I prefer him over Sanders. Sanders has upside? Yes. He also has tremendous downside.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

We get it Mikey. Anybody other than Sanders for you....We know

I'd rather have Caddy than Sanders. Neither one is qualified for the AU job but if we're going to give the job to somebody who is unqualified lets go with the Auburn Man.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

As long as he does not end up at Ole Miss. That would be a tough pill to swallow. 

Deion going to OM after pledging his life to HBCU would be so incredible. I hope it happens. People need to see how full of it this guy is. 

• Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, woodford said:

Deion going to OM after pledging his life to HBCU would be so incredible. I hope it happens. People need to see how full of it this guy is. 

I do not remember him pledging his life to HBCU? I think he is already interviewing with Colorado and South Florida now. Ole Miss is a better job and that. 
Kids want to play for him. It would be really really bad to have to recruit against him. 

…but it does not matter because we’ve already talked about this 1000 times and no one is going to listen to anything anybody else says. Let’s all just agree to disagree and hope that he does not end up in the SEC on another team.

obviously, we are rolling with Kiff. 

25 minutes ago, woodford said:

On 11/18/2022 at 12:54 PM, woodford said:

We think you Sanders worshippers are a cult because of this post right here. Those of us who are hesitant to want Deion hired get lectured on how ignorant and backwards we are because we question the validity of a guy who has only been a college HC for like 3 years and it has been at the FCS level. If you are others were like "Yeah, he lacks experience and I see your point but...." But no that's not it. It's always "you're ignorant and you don't want change." Do you see any Kiffin fans on here lecturing other posters who don't want him on morality or their character? Jesus, dude. It's CFB. It's entertainment and leisure. 

Just wanted people to see what you have here. Guy will say whatever to try to promote this negative view of Deion. Really he does this with anything about race and you can always know what side he'll be on and even the two guys that will make sure to like his posts.

He's never seen or heard anything about Deion pledge anything to HBCU's. But he'll keep saying it everyday. I wonder why? When you try to mention something about HBCU and culture he'll get super angry why? He's slipped up and said stuff like HBCU's think they are better or pretend somebody are holding HBCU's down....why?

Just another awesome poster on here. Long as he pays that donation I'm sure he's protected....nobody sees what's going on here

Happy Thanksgiving Friends and family to all right? 😂

Edited by cole256

6 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Just wanted people to see what you have here. Guy will say whatever to try to promote this negative view of Deion. Really he does this with anything about race and you can always know what side he'll be on and even the two guys that will make sure to like his posts.

He's never seen or heard anything about Deion pledge anything to HBCU's. But he'll keep saying it everyday. I wonder why? When you try to mention something about HBCU and culture he'll get super angry why? He's slipped up and said stuff like HBCU's think they are better or pretend somebody are holding HBCU's down....why?

Just another awesome poster on here. Long as he pays that donation I'm sure he's protected....nobody sees what's going on here

Happy Thanksgiving 😂

happy thanksgiving back to you cole.

A reminder.  

https://www.aufamily.com/forums/topic/183811-update-to-rule-about-political-posts/

I'm in no mood to have to police this over Thanksgiving, which means if you are the one that makes me have to police it, I will be in a surly mood and the consequences will match my mood.  Be grown ups.

• Thanks 1

On 11/21/2022 at 2:48 PM, Maverick.AU said:

Deion at USF would be a bigger problem for UF, Miami, UCF, and FSU….and if he succeeds there he will land at a bigger school maybe FSU or another Power 5 school in the South. Not sure why we are arguing about Deion, hopefully Cohen has him on his list to talk to 🤷🏽‍♂️

1 hour ago, woodford said:

My problem with the whole Deion candidacy some didnt want to vet his past like they did Danny Hugh's. Everybody's got a past

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

I'm down for anybody who's number 1 priority is the players. But that's the last thing on many. It's laughable to be ok with like kiffen but have a problem with Sanders talking about character. Actually some guys are even for Urban Meyer.

But it is what it is. One thing about it everything around here was shook up when it turned into screw the players.....we'll never be successful until that is remedied.

These guys crying the most were the exact ones laughing when anything about the treatment of players came up. Those smiles changed real quick didn't it?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

I think most do.  The denial is part of the culture of prejudice.  

Most of the claims that are even made on here doesn't even exist. You can't even talk about his past without being jumped.....Really show where. You can't bring up his coaching experience without being attacked.....show who attacked you. It's really code for I don't like that you want to have a discussion with things I say.

Sanders needs to be on south Florida he can be successful there, reply to that he'd be successful anywhere and that's a fight 😂

Meanwhile somebody can say he's not a good fit here he wears shades and a gold chain but that doesn't make people mad. The stuff that gets let go as opposed to what can be said to actually cause an argument on here is wild.

This thread is strikingly similar to that Cornelius Williams thread last year

2 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

My problem with the whole Deion candidacy some didnt want to vet his past like they did Danny Hugh's. Everybody's got a past

As a HC? Not a chance.

The only active CFB HC that comes to mind that embarrassed his program on the same level as Danny Hugh is…

Pork_Chop_medium.gif
petrino-pitino.gif

49 minutes ago, Viper said:

As a HC? Not a chance.

The only active CFB HC that comes to mind that embarrassed his program on the same level as Danny Hugh is…

Pork_Chop_medium.gif
petrino-pitino.gif

Go research Deion. U might be surprised.  But those were funny Gifs

Edited by NWALA Tiger