My closing case for Deion

auburnatl1

15 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Go research Deion. U might be surprised.  But those were funny Gifs

point some of it out please?  because I saw a video of him the other day speaking to his team about something he learned when he was a Freshman at FSU that could help them out also.  So when as a coach, has he embarrassed his school as a coach?

15 minutes ago, AU_Tiger_88 said:

point some of it out please?  because I saw a video of him the other day speaking to his team about something he learned when he was a Freshman at FSU that could help them out also.  So when as a coach, has he embarrassed his school as a coach?

Never said it was as a coach. He has been coaching for what less than 10 yrs. I'm not going down a rabbit hole on this. My whole contention is the ones who blasted Danny Hugh also need to check Deions past as well, whether he was coaching or not isn't the point.  He's not getting the job, so it's a mute point. Just think it's fair that all candidates are vetted equally. But, it doesn't appear Deion was a candidate to begin with. 

Edited by NWALA Tiger

31 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Go research Deion. U might be surprised.  But those were funny Gifs

He’s been a CFB HC for 3 years. What’s to research?

3 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Never said it was as a coach. He has been coaching for what less than 10 yrs. I'm not going down a rabbit hole on this. My whole contention is the ones who blasted Danny Hugh also need to check Deions past as well, whether he was coaching or not isn't the point.  He's not getting the job, so it's a mute point. Just think it's fair that all candidates are vetted equally. But, it doesn't appear Deion was a candidate to begin with. 

Danny Hugh’s scandals (that’s plural) as a CFB HC are well documented. Deion’s as a CFB HC are not, if any exist. Feel free to explore that rabbit hole to educate us.

Lol the coach criczed about his tackling as a player, his business ventures, his attitude as a player, his relationships with women, his health, his clothes, his jewelry, his hat, his shades, his taste in music, his commitment to HBCU's, and of course all of the stuff that's just made up.....hasn't been critiqued as much as the others.....

People will just say anything

16 minutes ago, Viper said:

Danny Hugh’s scandals (that’s plural) as a CFB HC are well documented. Deion’s as a CFB HC are not, if any exist. Feel free to explore that rabbit hole to educate us.

Wasn't talking about him as a head coach. 

1 minute ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Wasn't talking about him as a head coach. 

I don’t see how that’s relevant now as a HC.

Dunno bout you, but most folks have done a thing or two in their distant past they’re not proud of.

Danny Hugh’s was just in the last 6 years…as a HC…in the SEC.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Viper said:

I don’t see how that’s relevant now as a HC.

Dunno bout you, but most folks have done a thing or two in their distant past they’re not proud of.

Danny Hugh’s was just in the last 6 years…as a HC…in the SEC.

Good point. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family,  good Sir

• Like 1

22 hours ago, cole256 said:

Really he does this with anything about race and you can always know what side he'll be on

I stopped right there. Pot and kettle.

• Like 5

Just now, cole256 said:

Please shut up

You first.

• Like 2

On 11/20/2022 at 10:49 AM, VegasEagle said:

Barkley > Mikey 

barkley is one of my all time favs of anyone who played for auburn. with that being said he was all for turner gil at auburn and the best i remember turner tanked. and i believe mikey being a coach or retired coach some insight into these sort of things.

On 11/20/2022 at 11:17 AM, Viper said:

Again, it's one "slew of talent" for Jimbo.

Deion's club is undefeated. What more do you want where he's at?

And no...Chuck will not win this Prime to AU battle alone.

someone posted some bad stuff about deion on this board. i do not remember which thread. but they claimed he assaulted people. mistreated his family. got in trouble with the feds over supposedly a fake prep high school where a lot of money went missing. have you read this? i post so many articles for the site i get confused keeping up. and i was told sanders health was an issue from auburn and i have no idea if this is true. i would love to read that article if i did not have to spend hours looking for it. do you remember?

8 minutes ago, woodford said:

Hell yeah Deion gonna absolutely kill it at 

:: checks notes ::

Colorado!

i hope deion kills it. life is hard. while he has a past of which he admitted most of he got saved. people claim he is making a difference with today's youth as well.

• Like 1

On 11/4/2022 at 2:42 PM, Newbomb said:

Prior to Auburn hiring Coach Cadillac as an interim the SEC had no minority head coaches.  We are the premier league in college football.  "The SEC is the only Power 5 conference without any minority head coaches. The Pac-12 and Big Ten each have three Black head coaches, while the ACC has two. In the Big 12, Baylor's Dave Aranda is Mexican American."  ESPN article Why are there no Black College Football Head Coaches in SEC dated August 28, 2022.

I think if we were to hire Coach Prime it would give Auburn even more positive publicity.

It's time for Auburn to make the move to cement it's future, both short and long term. We can't afford to keep hiring and firing the wrong people for the job. It's just insane. It's like an alcoholic and drinking. Alcoholism is a disease of the body and an obsession of the mind. Somewhere in there is the exit we are looking for.

59 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

If we do pass on Deion, imo a friggin misfire.

Man, I completely agree with you. Deion is the only coach even being talked about that can do what we need at Auburn. And it blows my mind that he’s not even being considered by administration. Auburn is as low as I have even seen it in my 48 years and we need a jolt. He is the one that can give us that jolt we need. Yes the downside that everyone keeps bringing up is worth the risk at this point, because the upside is so large.

IMO every other coach mentioned is going to be a rinse, cycle, repeat of all of our hires . We will have some 8-4 seasons, if the coach stays long enough to build. Kiffin is not the answer. We need different, we need that “it” factor. Who know, maybe there is a name out there we haven’t heard that can be that. Just hope this hire will be different. 

This is just my opinion and I needed to get it off my chest because I’m so ready for my Auburn Tigers to get what they deserve. I just think Deion is that. Auburn has been through enough crap, things they shouldn’t have to go through, and it’s time for the silver lining! I know everyone’s opinion seems to get flamed, so if you feel that need then go ahead lol.