My closing case for Deion

auburnatl1

20 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

The next 24 hours is crunch time. I think we still have time to go big and have a compelling case for either dabo or ds. It’s not fair, but I believe this is his moment that will define him.

I would love Deion. Such a wide range of outcomes, but at least it would be exciting. It was thinking that he was completely off the table, but maybe we get ourselves a surprise. 

Just now, Warnugget said:

I would love Deion. Such a wide range of outcomes, but at least it would be exciting. It was thinking that he was completely off the table, but maybe we get ourselves a surprise. 

I am expecting Grimes, but Deion will be nice.

I guess we will see what he can do in the P5. I think it’s safe to assume that the folks writing checks at Auburn would have an easier time getting Freeze on the phone rather than Deion hence the redemption tour of Freeze begins. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DAG said:

Not a great recruiting area. Interesting to see how it plays out. On the plus side one of the prettiest campuses in the country. I will be rooting for him to succeed.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Not a great recruiting area. Interesting to see how it plays out. On the plus side one of the prettiest campuses in the country. I will be rooting for him to succeed.

Well they said they are invested and have been really raising their NIL so that’s a start 

On 12/3/2022 at 8:41 AM, woodford said:

Hope all these 5*’s love Boulder!

Don't worry. If/when Sanders signs a 4* or better to Colorado his worshipers here will be sure to inform us of that occurrence. They will every time, we can count on it.

• Facepalm 2
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

Don't worry. If/when Sanders signs a 4* or better to Colorado his worshipers here will be sure to inform us of that occurrence. They will every time, we can count on it.

You really do have something against Deion Sanders don't you. What is it? He hurt you?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

you mean like within 24 hours of taking the job? 

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

4 hours ago, GTNupe11 said:

You really do have something against Deion Sanders don't you. What is it? He hurt you?

I don't have anything against Sanders. I do think Auburn fans who think he should have been offered the AU job are being silly. We could fill up multiple school buses with coaches with three years of experience at minor league schools who would jump at the Auburn job. Quite simply, Sanders is not qualified.

• Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, GTNupe11 said:

Damn. He told them straight up. I'm bringing a QB and 10 others. And if you need to hit the portal, go ahead. 

"I'm bringing my son in to play QB and ten other guys I like. You Colorado guys who put your hearts into this team for multiple years can like it or lump it."

That's not who I'd want as my coach at AU.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Dislike 1

19 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I do think Auburn fans who think he should have been offered the AU job are being silly. We could fill up multiple school buses with coaches with three years of experience at minor league schools who would jump at the Auburn job. 

That isn't in dispute as to whether auburn could fill up a bus w coaches from lower tier conferences. It is argued that we had a unique opportunity to subvert the norms and get a baller recruiter. Now can he coach successfully in a major conference or is open for speculation, I suspect he can. The thing that sucks is to not even interview the guy and while our coach is neutered on social media and mumbling on gameday about jill, janey, margeret, amy sue and their husbands but not so and so because she doesnt have a husband (like anyone cares) and getting lost in disneyland like facilities Deion is doing exactly what we knew he would do -- delivering recruits

Edited by ThurstontheWelshCorgi
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

- delivering recruits

He hasn't yet delivered one single recruit. He cannot until signing day.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

"I'm bringing my son in to play QB and ten other guys I like. You Colorado guys who put your hearts into this team for multiple years can like it or lump it."

That's not who I'd want as my coach at AU.

Well, you put the second sentence in quotes like that's what he said, but that's fine. That's called being honest. These kids don't deserve anything else but honesty even if it hurts. Some will make it, most won't. It is what it is. Same thing goes for the kids on our roster. Fans want immediate success then forget what it takes to get there. Coddling sure hasn't ever worked for any success I've ever seen, experienced, or been around. But hey, I'm guessing you think Freeze isn't going to tell some of our current players they should probably go looking for another team. 

Edited by GTNupe11

1 hour ago, GTNupe11 said:

Well, you put the second sentence in quotes like that's what he said, but that's fine. That's called being honest. These kids don't deserve anything else but honesty even if it hurts. Some will make it, most won't. It is what it is. Same thing goes for the kids on our roster. Fans want immediate success then forget what it takes to get there. Coddling sure hasn't ever worked for any success I've ever seen, experienced, or been around. But hey, I'm guessing you think Freeze isn't going to tell some of our current players they should probably go looking for another team. 

Fair points. Freeze will show some the door. Happens with every coaching change. But Sanders has openly said his son should be a Heisman candidate and now he’s telling CU he’s bringing him. You think the other QBs feel good about a fair competition? It will be interesting to see how Prime does. I would like to see him turn the Buffs around. 

If he's going to be at a P5 program not named Auburn, I want him at one not in the south! Wisconsin and Colorado were the big winners in this coaching cycle, though I think both us and Nebraska got solid hires.

Edited by AUwent

13 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Fair points. Freeze will show some the door. Happens with every coaching change. But Sanders has openly said his son should be a Heisman candidate and now he’s telling CU he’s bringing him. You think the other QBs feel good about a fair competition? It will be interesting to see how Prime does. I would like to see him turn the Buffs around. 

If any player on that team is good enough, he'll play. Deion indicated his son is going to have to compete. I haven't looked at the roster but I'm pretty sure his son is better than whoever they have at QB currently. I'll be interested to see what happens there. Not saying they'll win many games but their attitude and swagger will certainly be different that's for sure.