My closing case for Deion

auburnatl1

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

So you don't know. That is okay I did the leg work. Might want to research that next time. It was a pretty simple question.

We agree. I is a simple question.

9 minutes ago, DAG said:

Tell me you don't know football without knowing football. I mean I knew you didn't know football, but this idiotic post just cemented it.  Do you know what a Base scheme is? Deion Sanders runs the air raid, but there are different types of schemes. Holy hell I didn't think people were this dumb. Sonny Dykes Air Raid at TCU is not the same type of Air Raid that Kliff Kingsbury runs with the Cardinals. Do you know who the hell Deion Sanders OC is? Let me give you a hint, he found him from Mike Leach. So if he brings Brett here with him at Auburn, he is probably going to run something similar to that of Leach with a little hint of running the ball more. That is specifically what he wanted after his long time pal T.C. Taylor was the OC. 

But you and others can't even speak to that because you are caught up in YouTube videos lol. You don't even know what damn offense he runs but talking about you want him as a coach. 

I love rationale built on emotions and ridiculous assumptions.  Thank you.  That was entertaining.

4 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

We agree. I is a simple question.

I am not trying to be a prick here, but that is why I roll my eyes. I am not saying you do this because you seem to be a quality poster, but there are a lot of people who are just saying things and have no substance. For instance, being CEO coach don't mean you are ignorant. The greatest CEO coaches can get their vision but also know he enough in all things to make sure people are doing what they need to do to follow up on how they want their program to be run. DS specifically sought out Mike Leach and asked him who could he get to run a specific type of offense he was seeking to be prolific in scoring points in bunches. Leach suggested three people and Brett was the one he hired. Those specifics are important to know

2 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

I love rationale built on emotions and ridiculous assumptions.  Thank you.  That was entertaining.

LMAO learn the game a little more before you comment next time. You know damn well you had no clue what DS runs on the offensive end. Hell, you probably haven't even seen them play but you talking about bring Deion Sanders here. GTFO. That is the epitome of clout chasing.

Edited by DAG
  • Haha 1

Just now, DAG said:

LMAO learn the game a little more before you comment next time. You know damn well you had no clue what DS runs on the offensive end. Hell, you probably haven't even seen them play but you talking about bring Deion Sanders here. GTFO

Careful DAG….you are dealing with brilliance here. 😉

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

If Sanders is hired, there's no need to worry about QB for two years. His son will have the job whether he's very good or not.

It was stupid to say the fact Bo was a Nix had anything to do with his status at this school though

1 minute ago, DAG said:

LMAO learn the game a little more before you comment next time. You know damn well you had no clue what DS runs on the offensive end. Hell, you probably haven't even seen them play but you talking about bring Deion Sanders here. GTFO

Anger management.

• Facepalm 1

10 minutes ago, DAG said:

Tell me you don't know football without knowing football. I mean I knew you didn't know football, but this idiotic post just cemented it.  Do you know what a Base scheme is? Deion Sanders runs the air raid, but there are different types of schemes. Holy hell I didn't think people were this dumb. Sonny Dykes Air Raid at TCU is not the same type of Air Raid that Kliff Kingsbury runs with the Cardinals. Do you know who the hell Deion Sanders OC is? Let me give you a hint, he found him from Mike Leach. So if he brings Brett here with him at Auburn, he is probably going to run something similar to that of Leach with a little hint of running the ball more. That is specifically what he wanted after his long time pal T.C. Taylor was the OC. 

But you and others can't even speak to that because you are caught up in YouTube videos lol. You don't even know what damn offense he runs but talking about you want him as a coach. 

This is exactly the type info we need and I'm sure Cohen is all over it. We all get so caught up in stuff other than X and O with Deion. Recruiting is vital, but the type offense,  defense and fit is vital. We need to be greedy with this hire.  We need good Recruiting,  play calling, fit and everything.  All I hear about Deion is his ability to recruit.  Not one single thing about his offensive or defensive philosophy.  

• Like 1

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

This is exactly the type info we need and I'm sure Cohen is all over it. We all get so caught up in stuff other than X and O with Deion. Recruiting is vital, but the type offense,  defense and fit is vital. We need to be greedy with this hire.  We need good Recruiting,  play calling, fit and everything.  All I hear about Deion is his ability to recruit.  Not one single thing about his offensive or defensive philosophy.  

Yes sir! Those specifics absolutely matter

3 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Careful DAG….you are dealing with brilliance here. 😉

This guy just kills me because he literally is the type of guy who loves Deion but he couldn't tell you a single thing about him. That is really freaking scary. Wait, you respect him so much as a coach yet you don't know who he hired or what offense he runs. I am damn near watching every Liberty, Oregon and Baylor game to see what these coaches are doing here.

1 minute ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Yeah, his history of winning, his experience playing at the highest level, his ability to relate mean nothing.

And again, schemes are constantly changing.  If you want a rigid scheme, bring Gus back.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

I am not trying to be a prick here, but that is why I roll my eyes. I am not saying you do this because you seem to be a quality poster, but there are a lot of people who are just saying things and have no substance. For instance, being CEO coach don't mean you are ignorant. The greatest CEO coaches can get their vision but also know he enough in all things to make sure people are doing what they need to do to follow up on how they want their program to be run. DS specifically sought out Mike Leach and asked him who could he get to run a specific type of offense he was seeking to be prolific in scoring points in bunches. Leach suggested three people and Brett was the one he hired. Those specifics are important to know

No worries. I enjoy your posts and stirring things up. I agree, it’s a base question and you’re pointing out Deion’s major weakness: his games are rarely watched, his technique unknown. so hes dismissed by the gritty traditionalists as more of a personality than a coach. Which was predictable from day1. All we really have is his results, some highlights. speeches. and our instincts. Which is why asking tough interview questions would be beyond critical. Nonetheless. if he is actually the real deal, with his ridiculous ceiling.  and we pass on him because we were too biased or resume-based - without really kicking the tires,. It might be the biggest oh-crap in au history. Which is saying something.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Paid site. I haven't studied Deions offense. Which is my fault,   cause he is my #1 choice.  But I should have done more research about his X's and O's. Not sure Air raid will win championships. 

Try this one.  I didn't think the last one was a paid site... https://nevadasportsnet.com/news/reporters/former-nevada-assistant-coach-becomes-offensive-coordinator-under-deion-sanders

29 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Yeah, his history of winning, his experience playing at the highest level, his ability to relate mean nothing.

And again, schemes are constantly changing.  If you want a rigid scheme, bring Gus back.

Those things are important.  But so is the X and O part. To just say, he will get coordinators to come with him cause he played in the League is shortsighted. All Head coaches should have a base. Leach is throw all over the yard. Kiffin is run based this year, but he has also developed QB. What he did w Blake Sims is a miracle.  Freeze runs tempo with a balance run/ pass. He is also a great play caller. What is Deion? All I hear are great speeches and he will bring talent.  What about his philosophies? I literally don't know what they are... and not just some he is a CEO...

Edited by NWALA Tiger

1 minute ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Those things are important.  But so is the X and O part. To just say, he will get coordinators to come with him cause he played in the League is shortsighted. All Head coaches should have a base. Leach is throw all over the yard. Kiffin is run based this year, but he has also developed QB. What he did w Blake Sims is a miracle.  Freeze runs tempo with a balance run/ pass. He is also a great play caller. What is Deion? All I hear are great speeches and he will bring talent.  What about his philosophies? I literally don't know what they are... and not just some he is a CEO...

Sure, Deion doesn't really know much about football.  He does not have enough experience to truly understand the Xs and Os.   He isn't smart enough to hire the right people.  He has no history of winning.  These opinions hold zero reality.  These opinions lack any sort of evidential basis.

Trying to find reasons not to hire Deion won't work.  There aren't any other than,,, the unknown.  So, to answer your question, what (who is actually correct) is Deion?

Deion is an inspirational leader, winner, successful player and coach.  He is the most credible hire.  He is the hire that will bring the most passion and excitement.  He is the hire with the greatest potential upside.  Considering the level of competition and expectations,,, he is the only name to this point that stands out as transformational.

• Like 1

Sure, Deion doesn't really know much about football.  He does not have enough experience to truly understand the Xs and Os.   He isn't smart enough to hire the right people.  He has no history of winning.  These opinions hold zero reality.  These opinions lack any sort of evidential basis.

Great emotional response 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Great emotional response 

Exactly.  Those are all nonsensical emotional arguments.  The guy is undefeated on the year.  His charisma is undeniable.  His experience is undeniable.  His record of winning is undeniable.

Yet,,, you rage on assuming he would run the "air raid" offense.  What else you got?

Exactly.  Those are all nonsensical emotional arguments.  The guy is undefeated on the year.  His charisma is undeniable.  His experience is undeniable.  His record of winning is undeniable.

Yet,,, you rage on assuming he would run the "air raid" offense.  What else you got?

Not only do you lack basic football acumen but clearly reading comprehension Isn’t there either if that’s what you thought he was asking. Brilliant.

I’m tempted to throw in a “Freeze is a sleaze that’ll split the fan base” post just because I’m trying to finish chores and being called an idiot by DAG always  motivates me  to put the phone down and do something else.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, auburnatl1 said:

I’m tempted to throw in a “Freeze is a sleaze that’ll split the fan base” post just because I’m trying to finish chores and being called an idiot by DAG always  motivates me  to put the phone down and do something else.

Hahahah I actually don’t think you are an idiot . I do think you are consumed with the bliss of Deion. Believe it or not, I am not wedded to Freeze. I would be just as ecstatic if Deion was here but I am also big on what the coaches are doing as coaches. I mean I actually tune in to the games. I was there to watch Jackson State play Bama state. I think it’s a disservice to Deion to throw him in the same realm as Cadillac or even some sort of emotional generator. He knows the game. He knows how to lead as well. That’s why I don’t call him coach prime and if you look at his interviews in the past he doesn’t like it either . He is coach sanders . He isn’t a mascot. 

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Hahahah I actually don’t think you are an idiot . I do think you are consumed with the bliss of Deion. Believe it or not, I am not wedded to Freeze. I would be just as ecstatic if Deion was here but I am also big on what the coaches are doing as coaches. I mean I actually tune in to the games. I was there to watch Jackson State play Bama state. I think it’s a disservice to Deion to throw him in the same realm as Cadillac or even some sort of emotional generator. He knows the game. He knows how to lead as well. That’s why I don’t call him coach prime and if you look at his interviews in the past he doesn’t like it either . He is coach sanders . He isn’t a mascot. 

Oh, wait a minute, didn't know,,, "you watch games".

We should hire you.

1 minute ago, icanthearyou said:

Oh, wait a minute, didn't know,,, "you watch games".

We should hire you.

Smartest thing you said all thread 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Hahahah I actually don’t think you are an idiot . I do think you are consumed with the bliss of Deion.

“The bliss of Deion” - you just named my next thread rant. Again, I’m Deion/kiffin. 75% because imo we need an unquestionable hiring “victory” right now. No yawns or grimaces. I push Prime more just because his real value gets lost in all the….bliss posts. Kiffin is Kiffin, his strengths and weaknesses are obvious. And freeze we simply disagree on the lift vs liabilities math. 

• Like 2