City to announce guaranteed income to squeegee kids if they stay off corners

Auburn85

This is not some early April Fool's fake news episode is it? If not, wow.

11 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Just shoot em.  Say afterwards you mistook the squeegee for a gun. ;) 

"The western district way"

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Just shoot em.  Say afterwards you mistook the squeegee for a gun. ;) 

They are dangerous criminals.

Criminalizing poverty is what Kompassionate Kristian Konservatives do.

Edited by icanthearyou

4 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

What is you solution to this crime wave?

Paying some one not to commit a crime is not the way to stop crime.  The kid at the end of the video had dropped out of school and started to squeegee.  Not the right decision.  Baltimore is one of the worst schools in the country.  You have to fix that first.  None of this is an over night fix.

17 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Paying some one not to commit a crime is not the way to stop crime.  The kid at the end of the video had dropped out of school and started to squeegee.  Not the right decision.  Baltimore is one of the worst schools in the country.  You have to fix that first.  None of this is an over night fix.

We've all seem the Wire, right? Particularly season 4. 

27 minutes ago, AUDub said:

We've all seem the Wire, right? Particularly season 4. 

No, I haven’t.  Is this the same argument as Fetterman stated about *Shawshank Redemption*?  Its Hollywood; why do you put your faith in that?   Its scripted to follow a narrative.

Oh, and the *Good Fight* (I don’t watch that either) had a skit right before the Midterms about DeSantis being a sex abuser.  You guy follow some weird stuff.

9 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

No, I haven’t.  Is this the same argument as Fetterman stated about *Shawshank Redemption*?  Its Hollywood; why do you put your faith in that?   Its scripted to follow a narrative.

One of the best shows ever. Written by a former Baltimore Western District police and a former Baltimore Sun reporter. 

And the narrative is the point. Good fiction that teaches you something is art. 

Edited by AUDub

5 minutes ago, AUDub said:

One of the best shows ever. Written by a former Baltimore Western District police and a former Baltimore Sun reporter. 

And the narrative is the point. Good fiction that teaches you something is art. 

Good fiction should make you think, not direct the narrative.  As to *The Wire* I can’t comment as I haven’t seen it, but what is your solution to the Baltimore situation?

I will remind you that Disney used to have a good narrative for young people and now it is pointed in the wrong direction for the young people that don’t know how to discern content.

6 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Good fiction should make you think, not direct the narrative.  As to *The Wire* I can’t comment as I haven’t seen it, but what is your solution to the Baltimore situation?

I will remind you that Disney used to have a good narrative for young people and now it is pointed in the wrong direction for the young people that don’t know how to discern content.

"Direct the narrative" otherwise known as "tell a story"

You're weird. 

Just now, AUDub said:

You're weird. 

Avoiding the question I see.  What is you solution to the Baltimore squeegee problem?

I do have a different view of the world then the left; is that allowed on this forum?

Just now, I_M4_AU said:

Avoiding the question I see.  What is you solution to the Baltimore squeegee problem?

I really don't have one. It's a dilemma. 

• Haha 1

Just now, I_M4_AU said:

I do have a different view of the world then the left; is that allowed on this forum?

I mean sure but don't be surprised to have it challenged. 

Just now, AUDub said:

I mean sure but don't be surprised to have it challenged. 

I’m never surprised to have it challenged, I actually expect it.

18 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Paying some one not to commit a crime is not the way to stop crime.

Yet,,, paying $6,000/month to keep non-violent, mostly poor people in prison is money well spent?

Furthermore, starving people, refusing to provide them with adequate education, healthcare and, guarantying failure is just fine.

Investing in society has a return,  your inhumane way offers nothing but the guarantees of more failures, increasing costs.

Pay a little now and solve problems or,,, pay a lot later because your problems are growing?

7 minutes ago, AUDub said:

What story did *The Good Fight* present to its followers by painting DeSantis as a sex offender just before the midterms?  The *story* was debunked on the program, but why even go there?  Good fiction?

5 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

There is no left or right in this case.  There is only a logical method of dealing with poverty and, the emotional method.  There is only the humane method and, the inhumane method.

Just now, I_M4_AU said:

What story did *The Good Fight* present to its followers by painting DeSantis as a sex offender just before the midterms?  The *story* was debunked on the program, but why even go there?  Good fiction?

A bad one. Most network TV is hot garbage.

My oldest got into bad crime dramas. I forget which one. The one with Mandy Patinkin. Show wad pure cringe. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AUDub said:

My oldest got into bad crime dramas. I forget which one. The one with Mandy Patinkin. Show wad pure cringe. 

Criminal Minds! That was it. Pure cringe.