* Official Auburn vs. Mississippi State Game Thread *

abw0004

4 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

Its called having a hot garbage Oline and a QB with absolutely no vision of the field. 

You’re not gonna let this go, are you Tigerbelle?

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, beagle34 said:

I Missed most of game. What’s the deal with the passing attack? 7 of 22  for 70 yards (31  percent).

Robby was Robby regarding the passing but they actually adjusted the scheme to allow for zone reads. Was a throwback to 2013 almost

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

Looked like Leach had a longer than usual talk w Caddy at midfield post game. Wonder what he said?

Knowing Leach it was probably about his favorite thanksgiving dish or the best lawn fertilizer 😂😂

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

Its called having a hot garbage Oline and a QB with absolutely no vision of the field. 

4 minutes ago, jluvah said:

You’re not gonna let this go, are you Tigerbelle?

@Tigerbelle sickem

• Haha 1

I really liked caddy blowing through the timeouts to ice the kicker (seriously, not being sarcastic). It was a good example of a coach presumably knowing that you should usually save one but also knowing there was no way in hell robby was going to throw for 50 yards to give us a show. It was a good decision.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

Even if he made it we still lose. People that make these types of comments owe it to the players to stop following the sport. 

I knew we lost when we went to OT. 

18 minutes ago, e808 said:

Robby was Robby regarding the passing but they actually adjusted the scheme to allow for zone reads. Was a throwback to 2013 almost

This is what my son have been screaming for all year...limit his throws, run the 2013 offense, use tempo to keep the defense vanilla....We actually had some rythm in the 2nd half

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, alexava said:

I knew we lost when we went to OT. 

Me too, but I also thought we lost before the initial whistle was blown.

Glad we fought to the end.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

Shug got them banned the first time….need someone like Saban to start bitching about it. 

How does the SEC allow a metal club into a game anyway?...it's a big piece of metal with a handle you could beat hell out of someone with...If I tried to put that in a clear bag in any other stadium they'd arrest me.

Watching Daniels and Ashford at the same time was just insane, by the way. Like watching a reflection.

It's also a testament to how this current staff maximized Robby. Daniels looks like Zach Mettenberger when it comes to throwing in comparison to Robby, but RA should pretty much have the exact same gameplan as Jayden. 

Hoke mentioned this during game, if Auburn could use the baseball script on helmet.  Clint did a mockup. Thoughts?  Cool as an alternate. 

20221106_010457.jpg

• Love 1
  • Dislike 2

That squib kick did them in. Before kicking it off bring the special teams in and say we are going to kick this off ball and y’all better get down there and hit somebody. 

Probably my favorite AU loss. Yes, I know how that sounds. 

Proud of Caddy and the boys. They were in a deep hole they didn't dig. 

They gave us a fun and exciting game. Anyone expecting more than that is delusional. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Boy, Caddy’s talk in the Auburn post game show was intense.  It’s obvious he has a lot to learn to be a full time head coach, but he sure does know how to inspire.  There were several coaching mistakes that cost us and several poor decisions by the players that cost us, but we played way better than I expected.  I hope the kids hold their heads up high.  As a teacher, I know that when kids know you believe in them, they can achieve so much more.   We’re pieced together, talent wise, but they played their hearts out and I’m so proud of them.  I wish we could go for the remaining 3 games and everyone just support them, no matter what.  They are our boys.  I can’t wait to see what next Saturday is going to be like. I’m excited!!! 😁

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, e808 said:

That squib kick did them in. Before kicking it off bring the special teams in and say we are going to kick this off ball and y’all better get down there and hit somebody. 

It was the facemask on the squib kick. Not the squib kick itself, which worked several times after the kick return TD and before the last kickoff. 

14 minutes ago, cbo said:

It was the facemask on the squib kick. Not the squib kick itself, which worked several times after the kick return TD and before the last kickoff. 

It may have worked before but there were going to be in desperation mode. Kick the ball off and everyone do their job. They were already gonna start at the 35 the face mask just added to it. If Carlson can’t kick it deep use the other kicker. The clock is in ur favor but u can’t be conceding yards in a clutch situations. We just agree to disagree on this . Kick the ball off and guys do ur job on special teams. 

• Like 2

For 21 months under Harsin, this team had been actively regressing at a fundamental level. Even in spite of us fielding the worst O-Line I've ever witnessed in my lifetime, we almost won... We cut the cancer out and found hope. This is the first loss of the season to really hurt.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

For 21 months under Harsin, this team had been actively regressing at a fundamental level. Even in spite of us fielding the worst O-Line I've ever witnessed in my lifetime, we almost won... We cut the cancer out and found hope. This is the first loss of the season to really hurt.

Ditto. Great post. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, cbo said:

Probably my favorite AU loss. Yes, I know how that sounds. 

Proud of Caddy and the boys. They were in a deep hole they didn't dig. 

They gave us a fun and exciting game. Anyone expecting more than that is delusional. 

This loss was a good one. My favorite is 2013 loss to LSU. We were down like 21-0 or close to that score and it looked bad. We adjusted at halftime while Gus, his 1st year as HC, gave the team a speech. I've still not heard what the speech was about because nobody will tell. We came out the 2nd half and outscored LSU 21-14 in Baton Rouge. We lost 35-21 and never lost another game until Florida State in the National Championship.