* Official Auburn vs. Mississippi State Game Thread *

abw0004

1 minute ago, murpjf88 said:

Western Kentucky is licking their chops right now.

What team that's left on the schedule isn't?

Just now, abw0004 said:

Not advocating for him to be HC, but I do think it’s unfair to say that when we are asking CW to try to coach us to a win against an SEC West rival with three total practices as HC until gametime.  It also doesn’t help that Harsin decimated our roster. 

They had 3 practices to try to undo the Harsin effect. No one with a brain would put a loss tonight on Caddy. 

1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

Not advocating for him to be HC, but I do think it’s unfair to say that when we are asking CW to try to coach us to a win against an SEC West rival with three total practices as HC until gametime.  It also doesn’t help that Harsin decimated our roster. 

Nah, the proverbial 5 years, is now 5 days.

1 minute ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

I hate that a lot of people put Caddy in this position to look terrible behind a piecemeal staff and minimal chance to adequately gameplan and prep compared to handling the noise.

Some desperate fans really thought this would be a good idea and that this game could be anything but a crap shoot because they don't understand prep, staff, and the Xs and Os.

I think most fans understand what Caddy is having to undertake and these games won’t affect their opinion of him as a coach.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DAG said:

They might put 50 on us..yikes. I am all out of magic hope unfortunately. Got messages from lots of friends all excited and I had to be the “bad guy. It is what it is! 

You are right, definitely looking like a team that is out of place .... maybe they can settle in

I hate that a lot of people put Caddy in this position to look terrible behind a piecemeal staff and minimal chance to adequately gameplan and prep compared to handling the noise.

Some desperate fans really thought this would be a good idea and that this game could be anything but a crap shoot because they don't understand prep, staff, and the Xs and Os.

Yeah, but anyone with a brain won't give Caddy any flack for it. He can get these guys prepared emotionally but they just aren't that great. That won't change in just 5 days. 

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

The cowbell thing alone is not ideal for first time coaching.  But yes, we shouldn't expect anything tonight.  Just be pleasantly surprised at anything that's done well. 

With the firing of coaches; why does Schmedding still have a job??? Our whole defense looks lost tonight!!!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

I feel bad for OP, but for me he ties cowart for the biggest busts in AU history 

For whatever reason, AU just doesn't do well with 5* players.

We have guys jumping offsides on D because this is their first chance to actually play this year. I’m glad we’re getting them in the game, no matter the outcome.

2 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

This makes me so mad to see that Harsin took a great to elite defense and ran it into the ground in under two years.

I'm furious about everything Harsin. Every. Single. Thing.

There's not one positive thing from his tenure. Not.One.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JMassie11 said:

Big question is do we see Holden if Robby continues to struggle with simple passes?

I wouldn't mind it. But would Caddy make that move?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

Big question is do we see Holden if Robby continues to struggle with simple passes?

At this point in the year, I would say save his redshirt and hope that he shows a jump for next season

ESPN2 just showed AU coaches in skybox. OMG, they all looked like what they are...dead men walking. How many are taking calls at halftime from interested Ball State, Temple, directional college etc head coaches?

1 minute ago, JOSEPHIAMLEGEND75@GMAIL.CO said:

For whatever reason, AU just doesn't do well with 5* players.

Turn them into 2*’s

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

They had 3 practices to try to undo the Harsin effect. No one with a brain would put a loss tonight on Caddy. 

Carnell stepped up when we needed someone. All we expect from him is do his best with what he has.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Tigerbelle said:

I'm furious about everything Harsin. Every. Single. Thing.

There's not one positive thing from his tenure. Not.One.

Well, I started taking the stairs at work. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Cowbell s&@$ needs to be revoked. I didn’t mind it a few years ago but Moo St has a big boy stadium now and it’s unnecessary. 

• Like 5

We are in trouble, no matter who takes over this team. 2008, 2012 and 2020 were all years that we fired our head coach but we were way ahead in those 3 years compared to now because those teams had talent. This team is just bad, very bad!!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1