* Official Auburn vs. Mississippi State Game Thread *

abw0004

23 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Not even close here . Cowart left . OP is still playing his ass off . Also coming off a bad injury. Take it easy. 

Op was a 1st rounder in 8th grade, he hasn't lived up to that 

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I think we've seen plenty of desire overall. You can try all you want and not be good lol 

Why is this so hard to understand . Mighty ducks only beats team Iceland in the movies . We need to get a next coach ready and get momentum underneath the scene 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MaxCohen216 said:

I think we all expected more "desire" from players tonight based upon the change.  We haven't seen that.

This whole season, I've been annoyed that it seemed like they're not playing with any sense of pride. I mean, at some point, you'd think will would kick in and get us a win. I'd be surprised if they weren't hyped (at least early on) for this game.

Maybe we're just that bad. 😢

1 minute ago, tigerrules said:

He had a crease if he had turned it inside. 

That is why you should run a guy with more than half an ass when you need a yard!

• Haha 1

Agreed, it was a good play selection I think, if the blockers would have executed their assignments,  deal gets a hand on that defender and JJ is up the field... we are just a team that is not disciplined enough right now... 

I believe that RA on the keep there would have netted the same result... 

I don't fault Caddy for going for it... he is trying to spark this team that regardless of the change still doesn't look like they believe they can be in this.

• Like 2

That 4th and 1 wasn't a terrible call. It was poorly executed by missing that block. If that block is made by Deal people would say, "great call". Funny how the result of the play impacts the perception of the call itself 🤔

• Like 1

A very long night. They might put 50+ on us. Question is, will we score any?

The 4th and 1 was missed execution, but I don't even think it was a bad decision. This defense is cooked. They do not have the talent to compete with MSU, and they damn sure do not have the coach calling for them. Auburn is probably going to need 30+ bare minimum to win this 

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

Op was a 1st rounder in 8th grade, he hasn't lived up to that 

Maybe. You compared him to Cowart. That’s stupid . He has performed worlds better than Cowart. Maybe not up to his hype.

1 minute ago, Sizzle said:

You can have as much desire as you want but you can’t desire you way into wins, you need talent. Auburn barely has any 

Lack of effort and desire is concerning. It's like they don't even give a damn. The hell with the win. Prove to the next head coach that you're worthy of a roster spot next year at the very least.

Just now, TheDob06 said:

That 4th and 1 wasn't a terrible call. It was poorly executed by missing that block. If that block is made by Deal people would say, "great call". Funny how the result of the play impacts the perception of the call itself 🤔

I completely disagree. You can make a bad call and it could still work. But it could still be a bad call. I was iffy on us going for it there. But, if we chose to, that was the right call. We don’t have the blockers to hand off to tank there. So sneaking one off to the perimeter on a sweep was the best option.

2 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Whether it's right or wrong, I think Robby thought he could get the 1st diagonally. that's the actual last player we should be pondering if he wants to get hit or not.

Nah he's not exempt from scrutiny.