Coach Caddy's Job Interview Last Night

gr82be

On 11/6/2022 at 5:31 PM, aubiefifty said:

i am not going to mince any words here. if they which includes the new coach lets caddy go i will be mad and hurt. people are getting 5 to 8 to 10 million a year so how big a cut is caddy going to get. those kids believe in him and we have what half a team left? and many of those were not highly rated. i think caddy has the "it" factor. give him a right hand man like harsin had and get him the best assistants we can find and give him a real shot. i know it is a pipe dream but i feel the man has earned it. but if we allow him to get away from auburn i will be sad for a long long time.

This is dead on. 

Carnell Williams has/is: Integrity, Passion for Auburn, Honorable, Energetic, Spiritual, Respect, Backing of former Players, Auburn and other programs. The fans Love him. Auburn Nation will support him. High School Coaches love Carnell, he has inroads with High School Programs. He has connections in the NFL, he could bring in Past players for clinics. He can build a young energetic staff. Bring in top talent. We HAVE A CADDY, That DON"T NEED TO BE PRIMED.

• Like 1

At a minimum, Caddy needs an assistant HC title, and a big raise.  If a new coach screws that up, he will will have dug himself a big hole to start.  If we beat A&M, I'm ready to roll the dice with Caddy.  We are rolling the dice anyway with whoever we hire. It might as well be somebody we love.

• Like 1

On 11/7/2022 at 3:49 PM, Hank2020 said:

I think they both coach Rb’s.

Dell as you know played DB for AU. The new coach can just hire him for that. 

• Like 1

On 11/6/2022 at 7:14 PM, banditmwp said:

I’m convinced he knows he’s overwhelmed, he’s nowhere near ready, and I respect the F out of what he’s done in three days. 

I’d love to see him pay his dues, climb the ladder, either here or elsewhere, and become a HC in due time. I’d rather not see him skip all the steps and set himself up for failure at this level. 

I love Cadillac. I think what he has been able to do as interim coach in one week is unmatched, because he loves Auburn and Auburn loves him. His fire and passion and talent are exactly what we needed in this moment, and making him interim was a stroke of brilliance.  But it's not fair to him because of all the feels we are experiencing right now to expect him to leap into a full time HC role here. It sets him up for failure. I've seen comparisons to Orgeron, a home grown Cajun who revitalized the LSU program, but couldn't sustain it and ultimately went down in flames. Who could possibly want to risk Caddy in a similar situation? All things in due time...there is a season for everything. 

That being said, if the next head coach can't see the value he brings to this coaching staff, the players, and the school, and doesn't retain and hopefully even promote him, it will be an absolute tragedy.

Edited by WarrrEagleHey

11 minutes ago, DAG said:

Why would it be a tragedy?

We were as low as a program and fanbase could get just a week ago. In just a few days he nearly singlehandedly pumped excitement, value and purpose back into our players and fans, and honestly even our brand. The narrative went from what a disaster we were as a program to mostly positive takes in a week's time. I expect the stadium will be bulging at the seams this weekend,as opposed to the expectation that most seats would sit empty for the remainder of the season. That's a monumental shift and I appreciate the value in it. I think it would be tragic to let all the goodwill and promise surrounding Caddy go to another team. 

Edited by WarrrEagleHey

18 minutes ago, WarrrEagleHey said:

We were as low as a program and fanbase could get just a week ago. In just a few days he nearly singlehandedly pumped excitement, value and purpose back into our players and fans, and honestly even our brand. The narrative went from what a disaster we were as a program to mostly positive takes in a week's time. I expect the stadium will be bulging at the seams this weekend,as opposed to the expectation that most seats would sit empty for the remainder of the season. That's a monumental shift and I appreciate the value in it. I think it would be tragic to let all the goodwill and promise surrounding Caddy go to another team. 

We were down because we had a coach who refused to do a single thing. Him getting fired is what caused optimism. And this is not a shot a caddy. It’s more a shot at the extreme , histrionic behavior going on right now from temporary gratification. Whenever we name a new coach , that optimism will only continue. 

11 minutes ago, DAG said:

We were down because we had a coach who refused to do a single thing. Him getting fired is what caused optimism. And this is not a shot a caddy. It’s more a shot at the extreme , histrionic behavior going on right now from temporary gratification. Whenever we name a new coach , that optimism will only continue.

Firing Harsin was a great thing. An absolutely necessary thing. But we don't recover instantly just because he is removed. The level of positivity right now on the heels of that is because of Caddy. Without his infusion of excitement and genuine affection for the program, the players and the school, we might be in a holding pattern, trending upward, but not to this degree. It's not 'histrioinic' to recognize or appreciate that. In fact, it's kind of dense to refuse to see it.

Edited by WarrrEagleHey

5 minutes ago, WarrrEagleHey said:

Firing Harsin was a great thing. The level of positivity right now on the heels of that is because of Caddy. Without his infusion of excitement and genuine affection for the program, the players and the school, we might be in a holding pattern, trending upward, but not to this degree. It's not 'histrioinic' to recognize or appreciate that. In fact, it's kind of dense to refuse to see it.

You just said it’s would be a tragedy if he wasn’t retained ? That’s freaking overboard. Are you going to cry if he isn’t retained ? You are the epitome of the phrase “prisoner of the moment.” I would thank him for his services and stepping up in a time of need.

Edited by DAG

10 minutes ago, DAG said:

You just said it’s would be a tragedy if he wasn’t retained ? That’s freaking overboard. Are you going to cry if he isn’t retained ? You are the epitome of the phrase “prisoner of the moment.”

Actually, no. I'm not advocating he be put it in the head coach position because of 'the moment'. I actually think that is an emotional reaction and would be a mistake. But I can appreciate and respect that he is pretty much singlehandedly the reason we recovered as significantly as we did in such a short amount of time. 

Edited by WarrrEagleHey

4 minutes ago, WarrrEagleHey said:

Actually, no. I'm not advocating he be put it in the head coach position because of 'the moment'. But I can appreciate and respect that he is pretty much singlehandedly the reason we recovered as significantly as we did in such a short amount of time. 

That’s not what I am disputing . You said it would be a tragedy if he wasn’t retained . That’s dramatic. If he is not retained , that would be unfortunate but Auburn will still be Auburn. If he is retained , cool, great, good times. He is not irreplaceable . When you start putting people on a pedestal , that becomes a problem. I already see fans overlooking things they typically wouldn’t overlook because they have a fascination with him. 

Edited by DAG

8 minutes ago, DAG said:

That’s not what I am disputing . You said it would be a tragedy if he wasn’t retained . That’s dramatic. If he is not retained that would be unfortunate but Auburn will still be Auburn. If he is retained , cool, great, good times. He is not irreplaceable

I never said Auburn would cease to be Auburn, or that he was irreplaceable. Now you are being dramatic. And I'm not putting him on a pedestal, but I do think his particular brand of fire and affection for the program is VERY rare and would be hard to duplicate.  If that one word is the entire reason we've had this back and forth, then I'll say it would be 'unfortunate and disappointing' and we can move on. But I'm beginning to think your issues with the excitement surrounding Caddy has not much to do with my actual post, so yeah, let's move on.

Edited by WarrrEagleHey

4 minutes ago, WarrrEagleHey said:

I never said Auburn would cease to be Auburn, or that he was irreplaceable. Now you are being dramatic. I do think his particular brand of fire and affection for the program is VERY rare and would be hard to duplicate.  If that one word is the entire reason we've had this back and forth, then I'll say it would be 'unfortunate and disappointing' and we can move on.

Well yes words have meaning , no? The idea that if the next coach doesn’t retain him and would cause that feeling as you initially put it is baffling. The next coach should bring his own people in and if caddy adds value to his staff, then so be it. If he doesn’t , it does not make it a tragedy nor does it mean the next coach doesn’t value him. 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1

Let me put this another way. Head Coach Carnell Williams could bring in a Staff of former Auburn Players/Coaches/NFL Players/. Those that are not fulltime staff, can come in on a "clinic basis type visit" What better way to bring in Young players that have aspirations of making to the NFL.  Pick a Position and there are guys that have exceled at the next level.

What better training ground could you provide. Coach Williams can motivate, no doubt. I will take a motivated 3 star over a sleep walking 5 star anytime. But I believe this revolutionary idea will catch fire. You can thank me later... or you can hire a Burner, a twice fired jerk or a whats in it for me pasttime.

Edited by tightendoverthemiddle

On 11/6/2022 at 9:49 AM, passthebiscuits said:

I admire his passion and he is EXACTLY what we need right now. But…please don’t think I’m blasphemous here…he came off a little manic at times. Sometimes a team needs a little more composure at the end of games to get it done. 

i have no doubt Caddy will learn these lessons, but I’d rather see him do it as an assistant than as a head coach for now. Is that ok to say?

Well said. I couldn't have said it any better myself. 

<ugh, cough>

Edited by Systems

5 minutes ago, tightendoverthemiddle said:

Let me put this another way. Head Coach Carnell Williams could bring in a Staff of former Auburn Players/Coaches/NFL Players/. Those that are not fulltime staff, can come in on a "clinic basis type visit" What better way to bring in Young players that have aspirations of making to the NFL.  Pick a Position and there are guys that have exceled at the next level.

What better training ground could you provide. Coach Williams can motivate, no doubt. I will take a motivated 3 star over a sleep walking 5 star anytime. But I believe this revolutionary idea will catch fire. You can thank me later... or you can hire a Burner, a twice fired jerk or a whats in it for me pasttime.

I would take a highly motivated 5star over a highly motivated 3star anytime.

• Like 2

On 11/11/2022 at 7:58 PM, Systems said:

Well said. I couldn't have said it any better myself. 

<ugh, cough>

LOL Biscuits.. slow that train down now. How Many NFL Players were on that sideline tonight. Things are "ACHANGIN". Your Athletic Director is a TOOL. Might know Baseball, But State has always been a Baseball School. His background is weak in Football. But the suits know best. they have proved that so far.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tightendoverthemiddle said:

LOL Biscuits.. slow that train down now. How Many NFL Players were on that sideline tonight. Things are "ACHANGIN". Your Athletic Director is a TOOL. Might know Baseball, But State has always been a Baseball School. His background is weak in Football. But the suits know best. they have proved that so far.

Well, thanks for your support of AU athletics. 

14 hours ago, tightendoverthemiddle said:

Thats all you got.

I think thats quite a bit!! All players no matter how many stars have to be motivated. I think the most recent history ( say last 5-7 years) clearly show stars (the only way we have of evaluating players capabilities) are important to success. Iowa State is a good example of a program that gets the most out of its players. Typically falls somewhere between 40-60 recruiting rankings. See their results and it will tell you , got to stay in top 10 for recruits to have a chance at consistent success.

On 11/9/2022 at 7:39 AM, DAG said:

Don't care who or what. This is a Ground based movement. Ex- Players everywhere Saturday Night. Check social media posts for the post game party. It was NUTS!! Surround Carnell with whatever Advisor/Administrator/Assistant/ Whoever.

Recruits will want to be a part of this. Humble starts begin everywhere.