Play Chart

JMassie11

Overall I was surprised how smoothly the offensive process worked, considering the short week.  I expected to see delays in getting plays called and problems with having the right personnel in place, etc.

13 hours ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

Play calling was pretty on point during the 2nd half. The 1st half jet-sweep 4thdown play call was rough but not as bad as Harsins south carolina 4th down call from last year.

Can we add to our 2pt conversion plays that one Bobo had in the iron bowl that was a little bit of a trick play? Thatd be great.

Run that play with Alston and you get the yard.

Hard to call plays when you have a bad OL, no proven WRs, and a QB who is struggling to read the field and make accurate passes. Coaches did fine considering all the circumstances. 

• Like 5

Someone in the booth will have  chart similar to this one, when they score they already know if they should go for 1 or 2.  Play charts are usally grouped into plays for down and distance, Hot plays, trick plays,  2 point conversion plays, etc.   at least our high school sheet was like that.

Go for Two Chart.PNG

• Like 1

I doubt anyone see's the play chart other than the OC, not even the HC.  The HC may have input such as I want 60% runs on first down, but the play chart is the OC's game notes, how he wants to flow the game.  No other coach would need this.  The position coaches would only need to know all of the plays in the package for the game, formation personnel, and assignments.   I wouldn't think knowing the OC's 20 play options for 2nd and 5 - 8 would add much positive value.

5 hours ago, drɘxɘl said:

I doubt anyone see's the play chart other than the OC, not even the HC.  The HC may have input such as I want 60% runs on first down, but the play chart is the OC's game notes, how he wants to flow the game.  No other coach would need this.  The position coaches would only need to know all of the plays in the package for the game, formation personnel, and assignments.   I wouldn't think knowing the OC's 20 play options for 2nd and 5 - 8 would add much positive value.

Did appear each week that Harsin had and looked at it.

6 hours ago, drɘxɘl said:

Yeah, this seems like trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

• Like 1

On 11/6/2022 at 11:11 AM, Brad_ATX said:

I actually didn't mind the jet sweep.  If Deal doesn't completely whiff on his block, its a first down conversion.

I thought going for it on 4th there was iffy. But, if we were going to do it, that was the right play. Everyone was keyed on Tank. Had deal hit the block, it probably would’ve been a large gain.

• Like 1