I would settle… for Rhett

DyeCampAlum

1 minute ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

It would certainly be settling if he does end up here. 

We have lots of threads going on with coaches that no other major program would consider so nothing wrong with adding 1 more. It’ is more coach settling, but it’s not nuts.

I'd rather just remove the interim tag from Caddy and hire elite coordinators than do this, and trust me I don't want to promote Caddy yet, as much as I love him. Let him get more seasoning 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, banditmwp said:

I’d rather keep Coach Caddy and his training wheels if that’s the decision 😖

Yes.  Give me Caddy way before Rhett.   I haven't looked in a couple weeks but Rhett wasn't having the greatest year.

What, aside from a prior coaching stint at AU under Malzahn, has Rhett Lashlee done to show that he is ready for a big time Power 5 HC job? 

He’s 5-4 in his first HC job and its not like Dykes left him a bad situation at SMU. 

• Like 2

image.gif.ebb9db223c50f9e48ae7c68a6213a213.gif

• Haha 5

27 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Yes.  Give me Caddy way before Rhett.   I haven't looked in a couple weeks but Rhett wasn't having the greatest year.

I highly recommend finding the box score from SMU/Houston last night.  Pure insanity.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DyeCampAlum said:

Not as a first tier choice. But suppose Deion and Lane, etc., don’t want to come. I think he’d succeed.

Screenshot_20221106_142943.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We haven't struck out on anybody yet and this is already popping up good lord atleast wait till the rumor mill starts spinning that a coach turned us down lmao 🤣

28 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

Roof's at Oklahoma? Well that explains a lot.

I didn't realize that he was their defensive coordinator no wonder they aren't very good... 🤣

• Like 1