Caddy’s work ethic …

RunInRed

5 hours ago, Rednilla said:

That's disturbing, quite frankly. He needs more sleep than that to function properly.

He does. He will ruin his health and burn out mentally. NOTHING is worth that. 

No wonder he was not as articulate as he usually is. He was too fatigued to be sharp. 

Come on Caddy. We all love you and want you to stay healthy. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, einatlanta said:

I agree that he needs some more rest but I can absolutely put myself in his position and understand it. This is his 'shot'. These moments come around only once maybe twice in someone's life under normal circumstances so trying to sleep is just about impossible. I will say that some very influential and successful people function on just a few hours of sleep. I am absolutely rooting for Caddy!!! Hell of an Auburn man.

I didn't mean to suggest he fell short in any way as a coach, I'm just worried about him. I know what it is to go manic, and it's not healthy. I would guess that Carnell is one of those who can muscle through it for a couple of weeks due to his mental toughness (you don't come back from injury the way he did when he was playing without some psychological fortitude), but no one can keep going at that rate for very long. I greatly appreciate that he is putting his everything into making this work as best he can, and he should be commended for that, but he's only one man.

What do we gotta do to get him some support?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

I didn't mean to suggest he fell short in any way as a coach, I'm just worried about him. I know what it is to go manic, and it's not healthy. I would guess that Carnell is one of those who can muscle through it for a couple of weeks due to his mental toughness (you don't come back from injury the way he did when he was playing without some psychological fortitude), but no one can keep going at that rate for very long. I greatly appreciate that he is putting his everything into making this work as best he can, and he should be commended for that, but he's only one man.

What do we gotta do to get him some support?

Damn bro. Sorry to hear about the manic episode . Some people like it because the productivity factor but then you hit that low…..it is soo soo dangerous and debilitating. Thank you for being an advocate 

• Love 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Damn bro. Sorry to hear about the manic episode . Some people like it because the productivity factor but then you hit that low…..it is soo soo dangerous and debilitating. Thank you for being an advocate 

Oh, it can be a lot of fun while you're riding it, because you can get a lot of good work done (some of my best stuff was written while manic), but the inevitable crash can be brutal. I take great care to keep myself balanced these days, and I sincerely hope someone who can get through to him will talk to Carnell about all this. Auburn football will survive just fine without him sacrificing his mental health at its alter.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Somebody slip a Tylenol pm in his drink! 😂😂😂 

I’m just kidding.  I think the monumental task that was before him last Monday just required superhuman effort. Caddy supplied that for Auburn.  I’m hoping now that he knows everyone, from the tiniest fan to the AD to the President and the boosters have his back, he can relax just a smidge.  

• Like 4
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Ya think??? 😂😂😂 Man, he must have drunk 6 pots of coffee before the game. 

He looked like he had drank a case of Red Bull before that game 😂

Caddy’s pouring his heart and soul into Auburn right now.  Let’s lay off the criticism.  I doubt many of you who have made nasty comments about some of the calls he made, etc could do better with what was laid in front of him. 

I have no doubts the score under Harsin would have been more like a blowout, so until you are standing in his shoes bleeding for this program, keep you armchair quarterbacking to yourself.  Its just not the time to lay on ANY of these coaches or these players.  They were handed a s*** sandwich and are trying to make the best of it.  

Edited by AEAugirl
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

Caddy’s pouring his heart and soul into Auburn right now.  Let’s lay off the criticism.  I doubt many of you who have made nasty comments about some of the calls he made, etc could do better with what was laid in front of him. 

I have no doubts the score under Harsin would have been more like a blowout, so until you are standing in his shoes bleeding for this program, keep you armchair quarterbacking to yourself.  Its just not the time to lay on ANY of these coaches or these players.  They were handed a s*** sandwich and are trying to make the best of it.  

YES!!!!!! YES!!!!! YES!!!!!

12 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

Sleep much Fifty?

not really. want to go have lunch hank? grins

• Haha 1

Joe Gibbs kept a sleeping cot at his office while coaching the Washington Redskins.(Commanders) I see that same desire in Caddy and that is why I am excited for him and his future as a coach. He is hungry and dedicated to his craft. I know he will be successful wherever he gets an opportunity. 

Shouldn't be a surpirse, Caddie reached this point via relentless hard work and by working smart. Nobody GAVE him this opportunity,  he earned it.

• Like 2

Caddy is awesome and I commend his work ethic!   It’s ok to keep that pace for one week, but it is not sustainable.   Your mind and body begin to shut down after a while. I hope and pray he is able to delegate some things and get adequate rest this week.  

12 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

Shouldn't be a surpirse, Caddie reached this point via relentless hard work and by working smart. Nobody GAVE him this opportunity,  he earned it.

Sorry but it obviously given to him.   Auburn fired its head coach and 3 other assistants.    I’m a big Caddy fan but this is definitely something that was given.   Caddy has only been coaching for a few years.   Will Friend has way more experience but wasn’t considered.  Why do you think that is?   It’s because they know how much Caddy loves Auburn and he will give his all.   This is a stop gap measure and they needed someone to stop the bleeding so they gave control to Caddy.  

30 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Sorry but it obviously given to him.   Auburn fired its head coach and 3 other assistants.    I’m a big Caddy fan but this is definitely something that was given.   Caddy has only been coaching for a few years.   Will Friend has way more experience but wasn’t considered.  Why do you think that is?   It’s because they know how much Caddy loves Auburn and he will give his all.   This is a stop gap measure and they needed someone to stop the bleeding so they gave control to Caddy.  

So you said it was “given” not “earned”, then in the same breath said he was given it because they knew he would “give it his all”….how do you think they knew that?  Because he has EARNED that reputation during his tenure at Auburn. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

So you said it was “given” not “earned”, then in the same breath said he was given it because they knew he would “give it his all”….how do you think they knew that?  Because he has EARNED that reputation during his tenure at Auburn. 

Well, technically, you're both right. I mean, yeah, it was given to him. But the reason it was given to him is that he earned it. Can we all get along now? :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am sure with everything that happened this past week the this is not going to be the norm for CCW. If he goes too hard I am sure Mrs Caddy will make he chill and get some rest. I absolutely love the CCW has this opportunity and I 100% believe Auburn as a whole, especially football, will be better because an Auburn man stepped up and said “Here I am, home my 🍺😁

Edited by tbone4jc

4 hours ago, AEAugirl said:

I agree with you 100%!  But there are posters on this board who just love to pick everything apart and deliver negative comments no matter what the situation is. 

Caddy is above reproach under these circumstances. If he makes a mistake, he'll own it and fix it without any help from this forum. He already has done that. 

• Like 2

Maybe I'm wrong but I've always thought the crazy hours coaches work are sort of absurd. I'm sure some staffs work 80 hours/week and win 4 games. 

I'm sure time could be utilized a little better.

Getting rid of silly recruiting rules could help hours imo 

Edited by woodford