Get on Board the Lane Train!

AU-24

https://flywareagle.com/2022/11/05/auburn-football-attractive-lane-kiffin/amp/

Auburn football locked in on Lane Kiffin, Deion Sanders a long shot

At this point, the idea of Deion Sanders as Auburn football head coach is one that exists in our imaginations. Per a source close to the team, ‘Prime Time’ is a long shot to get the job at this point.

With that said, the Lane Train to the Plains wave could be rolling with every reporter seemingly indicating that the Tigers are the likeliest landing spot for Kiffin. Given Kiffin’s job-hopping history, his time at Ole Miss could soon peak, and a loss to Alabama in Week 11 could end any hopes he has of winning the conference with the Rebels. That would open the door for a move to one of the country’s most high-profile jobs.

• Love 1

Stop listening to the media "insiders."  No one knows anything just as none of them had a clue Harsin was even being contacted, much less hired. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Having to give Lane like 10m a year doesn’t feel wonderful

I agree 

• Like 1

If Deion tells us "no, not interested" I would then turn my attention to Kiffin.  I would make Deion tell us "no" first.  Those two are difference makers.  Freeze would be my #3, although I don't like the guy. Those three could get us turned around quicker. The others would probably get us to middle of the pack 8 wins consistently in time (especially with Texas and Oklahoma coming soon).  None of us really know, regardless of what the media says.  We just have to be patient until the end of the month and see how this plays out.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, roe4christ said:

If Deion tells us "no, not interested" I would then turn my attention to Kiffin.  I would make Deion tell us "no" first.  Those two are difference makers.  Freeze would be my #3, although I don't like the guy. Those three could get us turned around quicker. The others would probably get us to middle of the pack 8 wins consistently in time (especially with Texas and Oklahoma coming soon).  None of us really know, regardless of what the media says.  We just have to be patient until the end of the month and see how this plays out.

Don’t understand all the love for Texas and Oklahoma.   Oklahoma is a great university and long history of winning, but Lincoln Riley is not there anymore.   They are no better positioned than LSU in my opinion.   Texas is the sleeping giant but I’m not sure if they can ever consistently put it together.   Something about Texas HS football that screams softness to me.   

This is only my opinion and means nothing to most, but I would get Hugh Freeze and surround him with former Auburn players that are now coaches, Stacey Searles, Rodney Gardner,  Caddy, Zac and see if this will get this program back on track.   He would need a defensive coordinator and there are Auburn men out there that might come back.   Auburn needs a coaching staff that will stay together for several years to build this team into a consistent winner like Auburn has never done before.   I’m not talking 8-4, 9-3 with the occasional 11-1.   I’m talking 11-1 for back to back to back seasons.   

14 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Don’t understand all the love for Texas and Oklahoma.   Oklahoma is a great university and long history of winning, but Lincoln Riley is not there anymore.   They are no better positioned than LSU in my opinion.   Texas is the sleeping giant but I’m not sure if they can ever consistently put it together.   Something about Texas HS football that screams softness to me.   

This is only my opinion and means nothing to most, but I would get Hugh Freeze and surround him with former Auburn players that are now coaches, Stacey Searles, Rodney Gardner,  Caddy, Zac and see if this will get this program back on track.   He would need a defensive coordinator and there are Auburn men out there that might come back.   Auburn needs a coaching staff that will stay together for several years to build this team into a consistent winner like Auburn has never done before.   I’m not talking 8-4, 9-3 with the occasional 11-1.   I’m talking 11-1 for back to back to back seasons.   

Good lord this whole post screams JABA, how about we get the best coach available and let him choose his staff which doesn't have to include former Auburn players if they are the best choice sure but if not then no...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, autiger88 said:

Good lord this whole post screams JABA, how about we get the best coach available and let him choose his staff which doesn't have to include former Auburn players if they are the best choice sure but if not then no...

Sorry, but you can call it what you want. Searles is one of the best OL coaches out there.   Rodney is a great recruiter and coached some of the best DL in Auburn history.    Are you not going to offer Caddy if you are a new coach?   Call it what you want but I’m going after the best Auburn guys that are the best coaches out there.   This is just me brother, so you can have your own opinion and choose who you like.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Sorry, but you can call it what you want. Searles is one of the best OL coaches out there.   Rodney is a great recruiter and coached some of the best DL in Auburn history.    Are you not going to offer Caddy if you are a new coach?   Call it what you want but I’m going after the best Auburn guys that are the best coaches out there.   This is just me brother, so you can have your own opinion and choose who you like.  

That's why I put in my post if they are the best choice sure but let the new coach choose who he wants is my point... 

1 hour ago, aubaseball said:

Texas and Oklahoma will just make things tougher in recruiting.  I would put those team on par with LSU, Texas A&M, Florida.  Will just be more competition.  We need to make a big move now instead of waiting for a coach to take 3-4 years to get us back to contenders again.  Deion is your big swing.  Best coach.......no but all the other things would make Auburn desirable for the best talent.  Surround himself with good OC/DC and play the play the CEO/Recruiting role (like Saban) and I think you have the makings of a powerhouse.  Now, if he is not interested, so be it.....you move on.  Can we win with Kiffin...yes.  Can we win with Freeze.....yes. I just don't think either of those would have the impact that Deion would and we need it now.   Again, this is just my opinion, and no one has to agree.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Plus, Auburn would be on the hook for his buyout at OM. Do I think Lane would be an upgrade and make AU better? Yes, but at what cost? Until he proves otherwise, he lack the willingness to build an elite defense and I think he is a consist 8 - 10 win coach regardless of where he coaching.

This makes the most sense to me, even though my first preference is Deion.

The fact is we just swung and missed on a coach without P5 experience in Harsin. It is understandable for those putting up the money to go for a coach who has a track record of success in the SEC.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, aubaseball said:

Auburn needs a coaching staff that will stay together for several years to build this team into a consistent winner like Auburn has never done before.   I’m not talking 8-4, 9-3 with the occasional 11-1.   I’m talking 11-1 for back to back to back seasons.   

That is not going to happen at Auburn in the next 5 years. Not happening. Probably not happing in the next 55 years either. 

Why do we have a bunch of friggin financial advisors on this board?! If the money people are willing to shell out tons of money, and their advisors are ok with it, and most importantly they’re willing to pay to fire people if it doesn’t work out, why do any of you care?

Just enjoy the ride, you bunch of broke a** peasants!😎

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3
  • Dislike 1

Well, as long as we are using jingles to help pick our next coach..

RHETT LASHLEE -THATS FOR ME!

RIGHT THE SHIP - GO WITH CHIP!

LETS GET REAL - GIVE US STEELE!

Edited by EagleEye67
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, EagleEye67 said:

Well, as long as we are using jingles to help pick our next coach..

RHETT LASHLEE -THATS FOR ME!

RIGHT THE SHIP - GO WITH CHIP!

LETS GET REAL - GIVE US STEELE!

LET’S GO BATTY AND HIRE CADDY!

YOU WANT SLEEZE- HIRE FREEZE!

CAN’T GET PRIME- HIRE GRIMES!

LANNING-ABOUT AS GOOD AS A MANNING!

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 6

10 hours ago, AcUmen said:

Stop listening to the media "insiders."  No one knows anything just as none of them had a clue Harsin was even being contacted, much less hired. 

^^^^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^^^^

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

As a percentage of the budget it really doesnt matter. The Mel Tucker contract blew up the scale for top level coaches and there just arent that many of them out there. The perception this time is Auburn is ready to pay top dollar for a name coach after so many dud hires. Hopefully this is the case.