Get on Board the Lane Train!

AU-24

11 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Agreed. But UF has a massive budget, endowment, and booster system and they’re still a mess. Money absolutely is huge  but it’s not like we’re surround by schools that don’t have at least as much.

If the buyout and salary are an issue then we will settle on Grimes.   Just my opinion, and I'm ok with that.

• Dislike 1

16 hours ago, AUwent said:

(If you know) is what Greg said true?

I hope we have another “coaching hot board update” soon. This is all making my head spin. 😵💫 

No idea. Remember it was McElroy that said Harsin will not be fired until seasons end. He claimed he had “inside information” that told him this.

To be fair, maybe he was told this by someone within the A.D., or a boosters family member etc.  Then a new school president and new AD said…. he gone! Who knows?

I think Lane wants $12M/yr/10 yrs. Freeze is more likely $8M/yr/7 years. Feels like Freeze to me. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Systems said:

I think Lane wants $12M/yr/10 yrs. Freeze is more likely $8M/yr/7 years. Feels like Freeze to me. 

Happy with either here.

• Like 4
  • Dislike 1

6 hours ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

Is the train going to be here soon?

Maybe we need to buy a ticket??

According to the schedule the train will be here the day after the egg bowl( things could drastically change today though) 

• Like 1

What is Auburn going to pay this man?  At the beginning of the month the rumor was Sexton told Auburn 12mil/year to get Lane!!!!!   If we did that wouldn't it set back the NIL funds; Lane's buyout, Gus buyout, harsin buyout???

Edited by AUY2K

6 hours ago, AUY2K said:

What is Auburn going to pay this man?  At the beginning of the month the rumor was Sexton told Auburn 12mil/year to get Lane!!!!!   If we did that wouldn't it set back the NIL funds; Lane's buyout, Gus buyout, harsin buyout???

...somewhere in the range of 10.25 million over 7/8 years. 

On 11/8/2022 at 8:01 AM, augolf1716 said:

May as well get use to it. It's going to be a while before any real HC news comes out. Nothing but rumors now with agents spreading most of them

Looks like the agents are hard at work spreading money rumors better than a crop-duster over a field.

• Like 2

On 11/7/2022 at 6:03 PM, roe4christ said:

It's not my money but I wouldn't have a problem giving DS 5 years for 35 mill.  Just think of the money that he is going to bring into the university with the exposure that it is going to get.  Couple that with the talent he will draw to the plains.  In my opinion, he will pay for himself.  I think the key for DS will be that we have enough money in the pool for his coaching staff.  I think it would take at least 1 million per coordinator, maybe slightly more and then 500k per position coach.  I just threw numbers out there, because I have not researched what our current coordinators and positions coaches are making now or what other SEC staffs look like.  Taking care of his coaches is important to him.

Dabo is by far the best hire we can make.

On 11/14/2022 at 8:53 AM, AUY2K said:

That's the beauty of JABA.  We have experience paying three coaches.  We aren't even "tilling fresh soil" until we get up to 4 or 5.

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1593347634412019715

Lane Kiffin has a received a new contract offer from Ole Miss that would make him one of the ten highest paid coaches in college football. It's now a waiting game to see if he will receive an offer from Auburn.

Edited by miscram6

On 11/8/2022 at 11:33 PM, Systems said:

When no one else wants you, yes, that normally means you’ll take less.

2 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

The Lane Train has slid off the tracks in Arkansas. Is he overrated? Or is he already dreaming of all you can eat corn nuggets at niffers?

His players may already know something? Who knows? 

Edited by autigeremt