Get on Board the Lane Train!

AU-24

pardon me if i prefer to be tanning with lanning...........i just posted an article where dan and auburn have mutual interests.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Per a source close to the team, ‘Prime Time’ is a long shot to get the job at this point.

Source close to the team? In what manner? The ball boy? Groundskeeper?

Not even Cadillac knows whether Prime is a long shot, short shot or a mid-range jumper.

Wake me when it says "source close to the AD"

53 minutes ago, CR said:

The perception this time is Auburn is ready to pay top dollar for a name coach after so many dud hires. Hopefully this is the case.

We've only had one coach in the past 40 years who hasn't played for or been awarded a national championship by major NCAA-designated selectors.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, msza said:

We've only had one coach in the past 40 years who hasn't played for or been awarded a national championship by major NCAA-designated selectors.

This program made mediocore coaches look great for short periods of time. Their pre and post Auburn careers are telling.

2 hours ago, CR said:

As a percentage of the budget it really doesnt matter. The Mel Tucker contract blew up the scale for top level coaches and there just arent that many of them out there. The perception this time is Auburn is ready to pay top dollar for a name coach after so many dud hires. Hopefully this is the case.

You probably shouldn’t go into a hire with this being the prevailing thought, but what if he flops? Then you’re in a worse spot financially than optically, and that’s pretty tough to do 

To me, if you consider Lane and Deion in equal tiers as a hire, which I feel like many do, then I’d at least think about the gap in money they’d realistically ask for. If Deion says…5-6? You probably can eat that on the chin 

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Lanes defense,  or lack there of worries me. His offense can wear his own defense down

One funny post I saw was basically saying, if seeing the crazy stuff that Caddy was pulling last night scares you, Lane will terrify you 

I also felt like Caddy had about as much feel for the game in those 4th down decisions as Lane does lol

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

You probably shouldn’t go into a hire with this being the prevailing thought, but what if he flops? Then you’re in a worse spot financially than optically, and that’s pretty tough to do 

To me, if you consider Lane and Deion in equal tiers as a hire, which I feel like many do, then I’d at least think about the gap in money they’d realistically ask for. If Deion says…5-6? You probably can eat that on the chin 

You ain’t getting DS for under 7m/year is my guess.

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

One funny post I saw was basically saying, if seeing the crazy stuff that Caddy was pulling last night scares you, Lane will terrify you 

I also felt like Caddy had about as much feel for the game in those 4th down decisions as Lane does lol

If by “feel” you mean experience, it’s not close.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Hank2020 said:

I tend to agree. But it’s not all about the cash. Deion’s proven he’s not purely driven by money - but hes an alpha competitor type, so he is driven by ego.. If he doesn’t feel we’re treating him like a premier tier one coach. he’ll wait and continue doing jax st till he is. Heck, he may give 1/2 the $ back to the to hcbu’s. That’s not the point.    Imo if we don’t treat him like a big time coach, the discussion will end quickly.

Lanes motives are…. simpler.

Edited by auburnatl1

33 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

I tend to agree. But it’s not all about the cash. Deion’s proven he’s not purely driven by money - but hes an alpha competitor type, so he is driven by ego.. If he doesn’t feel we’re treating him like a premier tier one coach. he’ll wait and continue doing jax st till he is. Heck, he may give 1/2 the $ back to the to hcbu’s. That’s not the point.    Imo if we don’t treat him like a big time coach, the discussion will end quickly.

Lanes motives are…. simpler.

I agree about DS. Probably no buy out there either.

8 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

pardon me if i prefer to be tanning with lanning...........i just posted an article where dan and auburn have mutual interests.

COME ABOARD THE CHIP SHIP

3 minutes ago, EagleEye67 said:

COME ABOARD THE CHIP SHIP

sorry no can do...............

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

It's not my money but I wouldn't have a problem giving DS 5 years for 35 mill.  Just think of the money that he is going to bring into the university with the exposure that it is going to get.  Couple that with the talent he will draw to the plains.  In my opinion, he will pay for himself.  I think the key for DS will be that we have enough money in the pool for his coaching staff.  I think it would take at least 1 million per coordinator, maybe slightly more and then 500k per position coach.  I just threw numbers out there, because I have not researched what our current coordinators and positions coaches are making now or what other SEC staffs look like.  Taking care of his coaches is important to him.

12 minutes ago, roe4christ said:

It's not my money but I wouldn't have a problem giving DS 5 years for 35 mill.  Just think of the money that he is going to bring into the university with the exposure that it is going to get.  Couple that with the talent he will draw to the plains.  In my opinion, he will pay for himself.  I think the key for DS will be that we have enough money in the pool for his coaching staff.  I think it would take at least 1 million per coordinator, maybe slightly more and then 500k per position coach.  I just threw numbers out there, because I have not researched what our current coordinators and positions coaches are making now or what other SEC staffs look like.  Taking care of his coaches is important to him.

I agree with what you have posted. I think DS is the one to go after.

12 hours ago, CR said:

As a percentage of the budget it really doesnt matter. The Mel Tucker contract blew up the scale for top level coaches and there just arent that many of them out there. The perception this time is Auburn is ready to pay top dollar for a name coach after so many dud hires. Hopefully this is the case.

The perception out there is that Auburn is a huge rebuild job and the next HC  better have a strong stomach to deal with boosters and the fan base,  who expect near instant success.  This new crew won’t get any more patience than the last bunch.  Auburn has to pay top dollar guaranteed because candidates will be skittish after the fiasco in February + firing xCBH in 1 1/2 yrs.  

That’s ok, Auburn has tons of $$ to throw at this mess.

16 minutes ago, keesler said:

That’s ok, Auburn has tons of $$ to throw at this mess.

Agreed. But UF has a massive budget, endowment, and booster system and they’re still a mess. Money absolutely is huge  but it’s not like we’re surround by schools that don’t have at least as much.

17 hours ago, Viper said:

Source close to the team? In what manner? The ball boy? Groundskeeper?

Not even Cadillac knows whether Prime is a long shot, short shot or a mid-range jumper.

Wake me when it says "source close to the AD"

Just get on board that Lane train!

2 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Just get on board that Lane train!

(If you know) is what Greg said true?

I hope we have another “coaching hot board update” soon. This is all making my head spin. 😵💫 

Edited by AUwent

2 hours ago, AUwent said:

(If you know) is what Greg said true?

I hope we have another “coaching hot board update” soon. This is all making my head spin. 😵💫 

May as well get use to it. It's going to be a while before any real HC news comes out. Nothing but rumors now with agents spreading most of them

• Like 3