Get on Board the Lane Train!

AU-24

19 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

They were down 42-6  90 secs into the 3rd quarter.  It was s total blow out. The arky defense then checked out and the offense coasted. It is only one game and weird stuff sometimes happens. But there’s literally no glass half full perspective for this game.  

I don't like the penalty argument anyways. That is on Ole Miss. We can have these arguments every game. What about the two turnovers, two missed XPs and negated touchdown by UK that essentially gave Ole Miss a 3 point win? Works both ways, but at the end of the day, the only thing that matters is the W/L column.

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1

Guest MustardSeed
2 minutes ago, DAG said:

I don't like the penalty argument anyways. That is on Ole Miss. We can have these arguments every game. What about the four turnovers, 3 in the redzone from UK that essentially gave Ole Miss the win? Works both ways, but at the end of the day, the only thing that matters is the W/L column.

I missed that game. Are you implying OM’s best win this year was a game gifted to them by a 6-5 team…and they are basically one turnover away from 7-4 with their best win being us? 🤣. Wow. 

Just now, DAG said:

I don't like the penalty argument anyways. That is on Ole Miss. We can have these arguments every game. What about the four turnovers, 3 in the redzone from UK that essentially gave Ole Miss the win? Works both ways, but at the end of the day, the only thing that matters is the W/L column.

Lane knew everybody would be watching this game.  It was his moment to really get final leverage on us and kill the dabo stuff.  He wasn’t distracted.  The first half was a blood bath like you rarely see in a sec game. Against friggin arky. Total head scratcher.

7 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

I missed that game. Are you implying OM’s best win this year was a game gifted to them by a 6-5 team…and they are basically one turnover away from 7-4 with their best win being us? 🤣. Wow. 

Yes...

UK practically Gave that game away

They missed two extra points

They missed a 39 yard field goal.

They had a TD to take the lead but an illegal motion took it away

and their QB fumbled twice (Both in the RZ), once when they were on Ole miss own 18 on the final drive of the game.

Not making excuses, just saying that argument works both ways.

Edited by DAG

5 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I am 100% convinced that Lane has already agreed after watching this. 

SIAP

Yep very non-committed 

Just now, DAG said:

Yep very non-committed 

Yep. Sounds like the answer I give when asked if I had a good time at my in-laws for the weekend.  " oh I am just happy to be here...looking forward to the future....yada yada yada"

• Haha 8

1 hour ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I am 100% convinced that Lane has already agreed after watching this. 

SIAP

A touch more exhilaration than...

Kiffin_FAU.gif

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Lane knew everybody would be watching this game.  It was his moment to really get final leverage on us and kill the dabo stuff.  He wasn’t distracted.  The first half was a blood bath like you rarely see in a sec game. Against friggin arky. Total head scratcher.

Just comes with him. I said it before the UA choke or this L. You’re going to lose a couple bad results with him a season. The variability with an eccentric. His defense is a constant in a negative way 

• Like 1

If he could ever figure out the defensive side of the ball or get a stud as his DC, he could be scary.  Let's hope he does come to AU and that he talks Muschamp into joining him.  Bring Judkins with him and find a transfer portal stud qb and we have the makings of a good team.  Key will the OL rebuild and depth at every position.  A lot of work to say the least, but I think it could be a quick two year turn around ala Tennessee.

Lane Kiffin had a classic I’m about to leave for another job coaching performance today. Lincoln Riley lost 2 of his last 3 games before he left for usc. All of this is irrelevant on if AU should hire kiffin. Hugh has lost his last 2. So has kiffin. Lanning almost lost 2 straight at home. Don’t care. I would take any of them  tomorrow in a heartbeat to be the next AU head coach including prime (which looks unlikely). 

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 3

I think there might be something to the argument that he has already agreed to come here and that agreement explaining Ole Miss' performance last night.  It is kind of reminding me of when Kiffin accepted the FAU job.  Alabama was preparing for a national championship game and Saban told him to hit the road.  Saban may have seen something very similar -- perhaps Kiffin was completely checked out of Alabama game prep and had totally moved on.

• Like 1

The expectations at Auburn continue to reach unrealistic levels in which for some folks we now have to be a perineal juggernaut vying for NC's everyyear which has never happened in history and Saban still hasn't been run over by a milk truck or retired. I am happy w Kiffin if he can deliver 9-10 win seasons bi-annually and maybe make a run all the way on occassion. Sanders is the only one I can see coming in and possibly going full tilt w recruiting / portal that could then justify shear domination mode expectations. 

• Like 4

Guest MustardSeed
39 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

The expectations at Auburn continue to reach unrealistic levels in which for some folks we now have to be a perineal juggernaut vying for NC's everyyear which has never happened in history and Saban still hasn't been run over by a milk truck or retired. I am happy w Kiffin if he can deliver 9-10 win seasons bi-annually and maybe make a run all the way on occassion. Sanders is the only one I can see coming in and possibly going full tilt w recruiting / portal that could then justify shear domination mode expectations. 

Lol. The standard for a 10 million a year coach cannot be 9 or 10 wins every other year and worse than that every other year. That would mean half the years would have at least 5 losses….for 10 mil a year and being happy about it.  That’s insanity 🤣

1 minute ago, MustardSeed said:

Lol. The standard for a 10 million a year coach cannot be 9 or 10 wins every other year and worse than that every other year. That would mean half the years would have at least 5 losses….for 10 mil a year and being happy about it.  That’s insanity 🤣

That is Auburn fan logic right there 

• Like 1

Just now, MustardSeed said:

Well then Auburn has a real wake up call coming our way and I am beginning to think deservedly so. 

Guest MustardSeed
16 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

Well then Auburn has a real wake up call coming our way and I am beginning to think deservedly so. 

You just asked to pay 10 mil a year (what we are paying for our next coach)….for Gus. Sorry. You can’t have him back 😂

I hear what you’re saying and 10 win seasons certainly won’t be considered a failure… but 5 losses half of the seasons certainly will. With a bowl game a 9 win season is 4 losses. That can never be considered the standard we are shooting for. 

2 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

You just asked to pay 10 mil a year (what we are paying for our next coach)….for Gus. Sorry. You can’t have him back 😂

I hear what you’re saying and 10 win seasons certainly won’t be considered a failure… but 5 losses half of the seasons certainly will. With a bowl game a 9 win season is 4 losses. That can never be considered the standard we are shooting for. 

I hope I am wrong but I don't see historical norms changing to the point we are year in and year out booking 10 to 10+ wins every year.  

Guest MustardSeed
19 minutes ago, DAG said:

That is Auburn fan logic right there 

Hey it won’t ruin my life as it would some on here if we suck for decades…AU football is just enjoyment for me (didn’t used to be that way…and man I don’t miss those days). But that doesn’t mean I’m hoping for mediocre…because that would just be less enjoyable 

The worst thing to happen to CFB was Nick Saban at Bama for multiple reasons but the main reason is everybody thinks they’re one hire away from doing something similar to what Bama has done. And it’s not going to happen and never will. They’re an anomaly

Auburn fans keep looking for this “perfect candidate” and there’s not one. Lose one game or struggle in one quarter and folks like “nope don’t want him”

• Like 6