Woltolsz Football Performance Facility

autigeremt

Auburn to hold public tours of new football facility (247sports.com)

AUBURN, Alabama — Auburn will hold public tours over the next two weeks for fans to see the program's new football facility, a team spokesperson told reporters Monday afternoon.

There will two separate open houses for the public, both from 4-6 p.m. CST, this Friday and next Friday — before both of Auburn's final two home games. An official release with more logistics about the tours will be sent out by Auburn later in the week.

Then-interim athletic director Rich McGlynn said the two weeks ago the plan is for the team to move into the Woltosz Football Performance Center after the conclusion of the regular season in December.

• Thanks 1

• autigeremt changed the title to Auburn to hold public tours of the new Woltolsz Football Facility.

5 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

How do you pronoune Woltolsz?

Wol Tolz

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, TD1 said:

Several of the players went live on their first visit to the facility tonight. Below is the link to Tank's video

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CkzYUAGojXX/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Tank seemed excited. I’m excited. Really tried to watch , couldn’t lol. I will wait until something else comes out. 

31 minutes ago, woodford said:

What a terrible name lol 

Same goes for the basketball arena 

This . Holy hell . No disrespect, but my last name is goofy. If I donated 10 million I would advise against naming it after me. Just name it the Barn and embrace it 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, JDUBB4AU said:

This . Holy hell . No disrespect, but my last name is goofy. If I donated 10 million I would advise against naming it after me. Just name it the Barn and embrace it 

Seriously. How narcissistic can you get? Unless you’re naming in honor of a family member I guess. We all know it’s a giant tax break lol

Just call it Auburn arena or the Auburn Football Complex or name it after Pat Dye or Pat Sullivan. 

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, woodford said:

Seriously. How narcissistic can you get? Unless you’re naming in honor of a family member I guess. We all know it’s a giant tax break lol

Just call it Auburn arena or the Auburn Football Complex or name it after Pat Dye or Pat Sullivan. 

Are you DA's complaining about our donors? If it makes you so mad, make a few million and give it to our program.  Naming it after the major donor promotes giving. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, AUCE05 said:

Are you DA's complaining about our donors? If it makes you so mad, make a few million and give it to our program.  Naming it after the major donor promotes giving. 

Yeah I don’t care. The names are stupid. Dude, it’s a university. The taxpayers are the biggest donors. And for the athletics side it’s ESPN and CBS. 

• Facepalm 3
  • Dislike 2

50 minutes ago, woodford said:

Yeah I don’t care. The names are stupid. Dude, it’s a university. The taxpayers are the biggest donors. And for the athletics side it’s ESPN and CBS. 

You think the tax payers are the largest donors for the football complex?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AUCE05 said:

Can you pronounce it?? No . Nether can I. Nobody is complaining about the donors, the name is challenging to say and that’s an understatement. That’s reality 

Why is everyone arguing over what it is named because I can promise you this, the players don’t care.  Recruits don’t care.

No one cares what its named….its about what it represents and what it will do for the program.  

• Like 7

Just now, AEAugirl said:

Why is everyone arguing over what it is named because I can promise you this, the players don’t care.  Recruits don’t care.

No one cares what its named….its about what it represents and what it will do for the program.  

Because you can't make people 100% happy. Yeah,  apparently it is named after some folks who did the heavy lifting with pay. Probably shouldn’t be ridiculing their last name. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, dyehardfanAU said:

You think the tax payers are the largest donors for the football complex?

No of course not. I meant the university.

1 minute ago, AEAugirl said:

It's an internet forum. This is what we talk about. It's a dumb name. Don't care who or how rich the donors are lol Regardless, I'm excited for the facility. 

• Facepalm 3

2 minutes ago, woodford said:

No of course not. I meant the university.

It's an internet forum. This is what we talk about. It's a dumb name. Don't care who or how rich the donors are lol Regardless, I'm excited for the facility. 

Funny how people who don’t give a dime love to spend their time on forums ridiculing those that did.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

• RunInRed changed the title to Woltolsz Football Performance Facility
14 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

Funny how people who don’t give a dime love to spend their time on forums ridiculing those that did.  

Who says I don't give? lmao If I had millions to give away it would definitely not go to a massive public university whose athletic program receives hundreds of millions over the years due to TV revenue.

I could be homeless and still ridicule the dumb name of the football facility that was built 5 years too late. Welcome to the internet.

• Dislike 1